There'll never be closure on whether God exists

Topic's posts

Posts in total: 554

--> @Our_Boat_is_Right
I do not believe I am capable of making anybody believe anything. 
33 days later
--> @Fallaneze
It's an open ended question and we will never truly know the answer. 
I agree. This is in fact because there is no evidence which justifies belief in any god(s).  If there were it would not be an open ended question. 

--> @secularmerlin
I'm considering calling myself an Athogist because I don't believe in Thog.

That way perhaps I can establish some common ground with our more religious leaning citizens.

--> @3RU7AL
Just as a social experiment? Perhaps I will join you.
I believe however I prefer to identify as an avoltronist
--> @secularmerlin
I think there are probably a lot of Athogists out there who just don't realize they're already members!
--> @secularmerlin
I believe however I prefer to identify as an avoltronist
You might be inadvertently asking for some serious trouble from the hordes of Voltron fanatics!!
--> @3RU7AL
I'm used to it honestly. 
--> @Mopac
I do not believe I am capable of making anybody believe anything. 
Are you saying God made people not to believe in it?

--> @TheRealNihilist
No, I am saying that if you don't believe, you have made that choice. It would be your choice to believe as well.
--> @Mopac
No, I am saying that if you don't believe, you have made that choice. It would be your choice to believe as well.
So why carry on speaking your mind when I am sure you have tried to state your opinion and people chose to not believe you? 

--> @TheRealNihilist
If it is all meaningless anyway Mr Nihilist, why do you say anything at all? Why concern yourself with what I say?

--> @Mopac
If it is all meaningless anyway Mr Nihilist, why do you say anything at all? Why concern yourself with what I say?
I asked a question to you and expected an answer. It being meaningless doesn't change that. So are you going to stop ad-homming me and answer the question? 
--> @TheRealNihilist
You have an awful lot of faith for a nihilist. Expecting answers for your questions.

You have made nihilism your identity. If arguing against nihilism is an attack on you, it cannot be helped. 

Besides, you started  this. Your question pertains to me, not the topic. You aren't doing anything different.

--> @Mopac

You have an awful lot of faith for a nihilist. Expecting answers for your questions.
Faith? Please tell me what this has got to do with faith. I asked a question. You are not answering instead resort to ad-homs. Guess preaching love is all that Christians do. They don't actually act upon it. Mischaracterizing me and what is going is not a good thing to do. You are doing a bad thing and Christians suppose to practice good. Do I need to find a verse on insults? 
You have made nihilism your identity. If arguing against nihilism is an attack on you, it cannot be helped.
If it wasn't clear your point was a non-sequitur to what I asked. A question isn't a direct contradiction to nihilism unless we are using Mopac's dictionary or maybe that doesn't even go inline with what you say. You are so adamant in finding a definition for God why not for nihilism? I already know the answer but I want to see if you are actually not knowledgeable on what it is you are talking about. 
Besides, you started  this. Your question pertains to me, not the topic. You aren't doing anything different.
If it wasn't clear there is no site policy to follow what was stated as the topic. If it is please to report me to bsh1. 
--> @TheRealNihilist
Your username is the real nihilist, dude. 

So to you I say that I do what I do for no reason.

Also, there cqn be no reasonable doubt concerning God's existence.

--> @TheRealNihilist
Faith? Please tell me what this has got to do with faith.
I believe the standard theist attack is, "you have faith in your ability to reason", "you have faith in science".
--> @Mopac
Your username is the real nihilist, dude. 
You serious? I give you the chance to defend your ad-hom but you don't. Really goes to show how little you can do to defend your side. At least with God you gave me 3-4 words. You don't even give me a single one here.
So to you I say that I do what I do for no reason.
Definition of nihilism if you can. Do also link it to a dictionary as well.
Also, there cqn be no reasonable doubt concerning God's existence.
3-4 words is not demonstrating God's existence. It is simply showing what little you can do as an agnostic to present a case. 
--> @3RU7AL
I believe the standard theist attack is, "you have faith in your ability to reason", "you have faith in science".
If he did say that. I am not using science. I am simply asking you to answer a question. Define a word and maybe later on defend God with more than just 3-4 words. 

--> @TheRealNihilist
If you can't avoid attacking me personslly while you are complaining about me allegedly attacking you personally, you should  probably just keep it to yourself.

This introduction seemms pretty good.

--> @TheRealNihilist
 "That there is no truth; that there is no absolute state of affairs  no 'thing in itself This alone is Nihilism, and of the most extreme kind. " ~ Fredrich Nietzsche
If you can't avoid attacking me personslly while you are complaining about me allegedly attacking you personally, you should  probably just keep it to yourself.
Deflection. Next time try and put effort into your comments.

This introduction seemms pretty good.

This shows you have two different standards. Things you don't agree with you give a long winded link to. Things that you do agree with you sum it up with 4 words and a dictionary. This implies you try so hard to go out of your way not to use the same standards when comparing your belief in God and lets take this your defense of your position on nihilism which is a double standard fallacy. Do you have a response to the allegations? 

--> @Mopac
 "That there is no truth; that there is no absolute state of affairs  no 'thing in itself This alone is Nihilism, and of the most extreme kind. " ~ Fredrich Nietzsche
So here I can simply state I don't confine to the most extreme kind but I won't. I will instead say can you demonstrate to me that I am comparable to the extreme kinds of nihilism? I'll wait. 

--> @TheRealNihilist
Yet, here you are identifying yourself with the doctrine of negation. I don't want want to talk about you.

Nihilism is atheism, pure and simple. The denial of absolute truth or ultimate reality 

--> @Mopac
Yet, here you are identifying yourself with the doctrine of negation.
?
Neither I accepted what you said nor did does the link even state that. I am guessing I hit a brick wall in your brain and you have gone through your dialogue tree. 
Nihilism is atheism, pure and simple. The denial of absolute truth or ultimate reality 
Demonstrate how they are inherent to one another.
I'll wait like I'll wait for every single other claim you have yet to demonstrate. At this point there is undeniable "truth" that you are incompetent. Guess some people are too far gone.