Reality of faith versus concieved notion. answer? Testimony

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 51
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
A faith that is created is often used for mental sense of security and hope in something better, or is something to help a person feel empowered through their works, beliefs and their attitude toward the world. 
However, faith was never meant to stand on just an idea, what is needed is something applicable to a real life.  So what is more powerful to a person than something actually happening in real life when it agrees with their faith? Nothing, many people die for faith that truely affects their reality.

To say that you have seen people who were blind suddenly receive sight is almost laughed at as evidence to others, and highly discredited when on video/audio.  But when it has happened to you, then you know that the power at work is the thing responsible, not just a presupposed idea.

So, what then actually affects real life? Well, if we look at religions across the world, almost every founder or instigator was inspired by knowledge they found or took from a strange being, book or writings/drawings.  maybe even idols.   Some have had direct experience with deities and have documented and eye witness account of what happened to them or what they were able to do.  Witchcraft has power for example, but when compared to say the torah from jewish writings, they declare the power to be demonic or under the influence of a god, (demon) 

Okay, so we have established that basically the greatest power wins right? the one who is able to do anything and everything they want without regard to other deities or rules has got to be the freest (in regards to other deities) and most likely the most powerful.   So what God is the most powerful and most free of all?  I would argue YHWH is.  There hasn't been a god yet that has defeated him or subjected him or made his words not come to pass other than himself.   

Try him, seek his word and read it.  ask him questions while reading, ask for healing, ask for peace (According to his word) and see if he does it, and if he doesn't, why doesn't he?   If we have one life, why live in doubt? why not try to find peace? healing? meaning?  

Untested faith is no better than a lie.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Adjusting ones attitude from that of envy to thanksgiving can have a profound transformative effect on one's life.

Indeed, our mystery of the eucharist even means "thanksgiving".

Make every day thanksgiving. 

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Mopac
what?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Melcharaz
Blessing those who curse you, loving your enemies, forgiving those who offend you. This is another attitude adjustment that works a great deal on transforming one's heart in a truly miraculous way.

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Mopac
loving is not an attitude adjustment, it is the work of the holy spirit (ruach ha'kodesh)  To do all those things which Christ said, you must have his spirit to do.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Melcharaz
I wouldn't dispute you on this.

How can one do these things unless the spirit of truth strengthens?

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Mopac
more than strengthens. dwells in us.
Mopac
Mopac
Or as we Orthodox say in our daily prayers...

"O Heavenly King, Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, the Treasury of good things and Giver of life: Come, and abide in us, and cleanse us from every stain, and save our souls, O Good One."

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Mopac
prayers are good and we can look at them.  but unless it comes from our own heart and with understanding, it is void.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Melcharaz
If it is not done in Spirit and Truth, it is vain repetition.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Mopac
im glad we agree.
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Gang Members

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
:;:;:;:;:;:;;; ATTENTION :;:;:;:;:;:;:;: ATTENTION:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:   

TAKE NOTE.  We have two Christians agree with each other over here .,
I repeat, TWO CHRISTIANS IN AGREEMENT.
Look.

That's sis. 
They'd have to go to the same church hey?. 

A mopac sock puppet maybe?

The milks sour. 
And if the milks sour,  I ain't the kind of pussy to drink it.
 Note taken.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Believe it or not, it is not strange for Christians of different churches to get together and do important stuff like take care of the sick, clothe the naked, feed the hungry, etc.

And I'll have you know besides I get along with everyone I know, and I know a lot of people, even non-Christians.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Melcharaz

Melcharaz,

Your inept religious historicity is without bounds!  This is because, I as a TRUE Christian, and not a FAKE Christian like you have shown us in your ever so wanting posts, have to accept that the strongest God that ever existed was the Greek God, ZEUS!   

As shown within the writings of ZEUS, he was the king of all Gods of the biblical era. ZEUS imposes his will onto all gods, even unto our Christian God Yahweh/Jesus.  Learn your history regarding who is the best and strongest God before you are embarrassed once again.

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus." Hesiod

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
HEAD 2 HEAD ODDS on the GODS 

Zeus $3.10

YHWH $1.40

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Early Christians were tortured to death denying what you are professing.

Zeus... pah!

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@BrotherDThomas
more wind to blow and less substance.  The hypocrite shall not stand.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Melcharaz

Melcharaz,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE: "more wind to blow and less substance.  The hypocrite shall not stand."

Uh, since you brought up "less substance," I have never seen such LESS SUBSTANCE than your pitiful RUN AWAY quote in the thread below, where you could no more defend our faith than the equally dumbfounded Mopac and Dr. C&P Franklin!  

You don't mind if I continually correct your Devil Speak, do you? Don't worry, I will not charge you for your blatant ignorance, I consider it my duty in the name of Jesus to show that some of His followers are outright fools in the name of Satan!

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@BrotherDThomas
get behind me satan, your time is not yet and my time is now. for it is day and the night comes when no man can work.  Do not hinder me from my work anymore. I rebuke you in the name of jesus and you will not speak to me through this vessel anymore.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Melcharaz

Melcharaz,

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE: "get behind me satan, your time is not yet and my time is now. for it is day and the night comes when no man can work.  Do not hinder me from my work anymore. I rebuke you in the name of jesus and you will not speak to me through this vessel anymore."

You are one of the most FAKE Christians in DebateArt!  Your "work" consists of RUNNING AWAY from Jesus' true words, like I have shown this forum ad infinitum.  Look at you, being disrespectful to our Jesus by NOT CAPITALIZING the first letter of His name.  Despicable!

In the name of Jesus, I will continue to correct your Devil Speak because it is my duty to do so, as Jesus' inspired words state in the following passage, understand?  "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ," (2 Corinthians 10:5) 

You have easily been shown to be a minion of Satan in this forum, whereas the Devil must be so proud of you at the expense of Jesus!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You don't have Jesus' words, stop pretending you do.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

disgusted,

YOUR EMBARRASSING QUOTE, AGAIN: "You don't have Jesus' words, stop pretending you do."

Do you really enjoy in being made the Atheist fool on DebateArt?  

JESUS' LITERAL WORDS ARE WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES AS SHOWN, THEREFORE, I AND EVERYONE CAN READ THEM FOR WHAT THEY REPRESENT, DO YOU UNDERSTAND, FOOL?

It is possible for you to give us a needed break in you being as dumbfounded as Mopac, Melcharaz, and the ever so inept, Dr. C&P Franklin?
Thanking you in advance.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
JESUS' LITERAL WORDS ARE WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES AS SHOWN
Prove it.
The gospels were written by anonymous authors decades after the life of the alleged Jesus, with no knowledge of the conversations this alleged Jesus ever held. The temptation of Jesus is a prime example that you can only defend with the possibility of magic. You have no knowledge of this alleged Jesus' words. All you have is the bible. The bible is the claim there is no evidence to support it. You need to grow up, but keep responding I get a hell of a laugh out of your ignorant posts.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

I am truly getting DISGUSTED with your Devil Speak!

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE: "The gospels were written by anonymous authors decades after the life of the alleged Jesus, with no knowledge of the conversations this alleged Jesus ever held."

Yes, this is true, so what?  In fact, allegedly the first mention of the "bible Jesus" was with Josephus Flavius, one of the early non-Christians who mentions a Jesus in his short accounts in Antiquities.  Even worse, Josephus' birth is in 37 C.E., well after Jesus' death (4AD), which puts him out of range of an EYEWITNESS account. Moreover, he wrote Antiquities in 93 C.E., way after the first gospels were written! Therefore, even if his accounts about the Bible Jesus came from his hand, after doing the math, his information could only serve as hearsay 89 years later. I, as a TRUE Christian, have to accept this premise in a questionable way and move on the best way I can because of the need to believe. GET IT?

YOUR ADDITIONAL UNGODLY QUOTE: "The temptation of Jesus is a prime example that you can only defend with the possibility of magic"

Do not confuse the situation with your blatant LIES, I did not say it was magic, but ESP, fool!

YOUR MINON OF SATAN QUOTE: "You have no knowledge of this alleged Jesus' words."

What part of these passage do you not understand? "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) 

To save you further embarrassment, at this time, I have to leave so as to get my Salvation Bus washed for the revival tomorrow.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The Church knows who wrote the gospels.

Matthew was written by the Apostle Matthew. Probably originally in Aramaic and the translated to Greek.

Mark was written by Saint John Mark, the first bishop/pope of Alexandria.

Luke was written by Saint Luke the physician, who also wrote the book of Acts(and sctually wrote more of the New Testament than anybody!)

John was written by The Apostle John the theologian, who also wrote the 3 letters of John and the book of Revelation.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
"The gospels were written by anonymous authors decades after the life of the alleged Jesus, with no knowledge of the conversations this alleged Jesus ever held."

Yes, this is true, so what
Then you accept that you have no words from this alleged Jesus. You just can't keep up but I'm not surprised.

Josephus Flavius, one of the early non-Christians who mentions a Jesus in his short accounts in Antiquities
Never mentioned the miracle working bible Jesus nor did any other commentator you wish to erroneously refer to. Please try to keep up
As you say he mentioned A "Jesus" well woopy duck for him.
Do you understand interpolation? It's FRAUD.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Bullshit!!.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Everything is bullshit to the nihilist.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Nah just the crap spewed by godists, you are all the same.
Frightened and deluded.
You're gonna die, get used to it.