Debates: 12
janesix
What, exactly, would that consist of?
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
It would consist of the sources that deal with that nature of experience obviously. This would include all of religion, spirituality and spiritual experiences....NDE's, soul travel and OBE's. When you piece together this amount of evidence and testimonials it's obvious that the soul exists independent of the physical body, meaning that religion and spirituality are correct. 
The evidence that correlates with the nature of the soul is overwhelming, it's basically a big fat sign that says hey look humans, you will still exist when you leave this body lol, come on look at the numbers!!

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
It is simply a matter of recognizing the soul as the nous and then realizing that the nous must exist as our experience proves very solidly.

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
But you know they will want something to "measure" and weigh, because that is the nature of materialists.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
But you know they will want something to "measure" and weigh, because that is the nature of materialists.
Sure, that's the secret behind spirituality that is not on display to the average on-looker is that it's not about beliefs but application and observation, principles. So while we don't deal with physical objects we still have plenty of ways to determine what is true because we have more than just a physical body, we still have perception from all aspects of our being only some need to be culminated or practiced. When you leave this world you are present in the spiritual form or body, since this is always a part of you and not just something you get when you die you can observe from that point of observation always, this is where spiritual experiences have validity and expertise because it deals with that aspect of our existence.
Spirituality has a science behind it but one needs to consider the sources that deal with that reality and be willing to interact with it. Since spirituality is more an application and observation there is more than just the intellectual side of it, it needs to be applied not believed. This means learning how to differentiate between the flesh perception and the higher spiritual perception. Unfortunately the materialist rejects spirituality based on their observation of the physical world and perceptions not knowing that's a very small fraction of what we really are.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@janesix
Maybe we can start as such: do all living organisms have souls?
janesix
janesix
-->
@ludofl3x
I would assume that they do. But it's hard to tell in some cases what is going on, such as colonies, symbionts, viruses, siamese twins, and things of that nature.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@janesix
What leads you to make that assumption? And what do you think the purpose of a jellfish's soul, for example, would be? If all living things have it, then it's not special, wouldn't you say?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
I gotta know- is it now-ss, nowz, noose, no-us, noo, nose, n-ous (as in henhouse)or what?

janesix
janesix
-->
@ludofl3x
What leads you to make that assumption?
My own experience as a living being with a soul. I just assume everyone else has one too. Which probably includes dogs, jellyfish,and even individual bacteria that form my body.
And what do you think the purpose of a jellfish's soul, for example, would be?
I can't really speculate here on a purpose, there is no real indication of what a living being's purpose might be. Why did God create us? I don't know. Could have been lonely, bored, any number of things. 
If all living things have it, then it's not special, wouldn't you say?
Probably not. Perhaps special in the way our own children are special to US.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@janesix
My own experience as a living being with a soul. I just assume everyone else has one too. Which probably includes dogs, jellyfish,and even individual bacteria that form my body.

It sounds like this is something you hope is true, which is why you believe it's true. Is that unfair to say? I mean you yourself are saying you 'assume' it's there. Maybe if I understood a little more how you think your own experience as a living being includes the understanding that you have a soul? 

I  can't really speculate here on a purpose, there is no real indication of what a living being's purpose might be. Why did God create us? I don't know. Could have been lonely, bored, any number of things. 
If you can't speculate on a purpose, then how do you assume it's there by necessity in all living things? What makes the soul a necessity, I guess. How would your assessment of life in general look if there wasn't a soul involved? What do you think would be missing that a soul and only a soul can fill?

Probably not. Perhaps special in the way our own children are special to US.

Couldn't we then say that what's special to all things in this way, all living things, is not a soul but LIFE ITSELF? We all have it. It's only special to us, though. THe bacteria for example does not in any way care about the soul of a houseplant. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@ludofl3x
It sounds like this is something you hope is true, which is why you believe it's true. Is that unfair to say? I mean you yourself are saying you 'assume' it's there. Maybe if I understood a little more how you think your own experience as a living being includes the understanding that you have a soul?
I'm not so sure I "hope" it's true. Especially if my soul is immortal. That kind of sounds like hell to me. 

My experience as a living being shows me there is something more to "me" than just by body. Such as my experience with an almost-obe where I died and nearly left my body. Also, it just "feels" like There is more to me than just my body

If you can't speculate on a purpose, then how do you assume it's there by necessity in all living things? What makes the soul a necessity, I guess. How would your assessment of life in general look if there wasn't a soul involved? What do you think would be missing that a soul and only a soul can fill?
I don't think life could exist at all if there were no soul to fill a body. There would simply be inanimate matter, nothing that metabolizes, grows, reproduces etc.

Couldn't we then say that what's special to all things in this way, all living things, is not a soul but LIFE ITSELF? We all have it. It's only special to us, though. THe bacteria for example does not in any way care about the soul of a houseplant. 
I define life as matter imbued with the motive force, which I call the soul. I believe this motive force doesn't have to have a body to exist, but a "living" body must have a soul. 

As for caring, we tend to care about ourselves and those around us who are important to us, most do not care about too many others. A bacteria that makes up part of our body probably doesn't care about "us", but probably would if it were capable of realizing it was a part of a larger whole.  

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
It sounds like this is something you hope is true, which is why you believe it's true. Is that unfair to say?

If people only knew that hope and personal desires have nothing to do with the reality that exists beyond this world. This is such a simple minded assertion it's hard to read really. This doesn't have anything to do with what one wants, hopes or likes that is completely irrelevant. As a matter of fact it's not always fun and pleasant knowing we are not annihilated at physical death. Many people might even hope that death is the case rather than facing the reality that we will pass from this life right to the next and all that it entails. 
Spirituality actually opposes the mind, emotions, desires and personal hopes, in a way where we have to face that it is not all there is to life but much more, that life expands far beyond our little hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams are fine but they don't always apply to the spiritual reality. So what people experience spiritually speaking are not based on hope or wants. They are based on an objective reality. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Nous like a moose.

If you hear it pronounced any other way, know that isn't how it is pronounced in Greek, and it is a Greek word.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I'm not so sure I "hope" it's true. Especially if my soul is immortal. That kind of sounds like hell to me. 

Yeah but don't be afraid of that, try and remember your perception of life is limited by what you perceive through your current body, and that might not always be very fun. Know that you will not always suffer in a physical body, you have a lot to learn and your journey is long and while it might not be so pleasant now don't let that be the judge of what happens later. Your Creator knows you and what you need and want, some experiences are much more mundane than others so you may be very pleasantly surprised when you leave this world. It may not appear to be hell to you then...

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
These Soul things you guys are on about.  It seems fitting.
It almost feels like it makes sense.
Of course we all have a soul. 
But if there is any logic used to get to." WE ALL HAVE A SOUL " it must be carried on to. 
And when we die our soul dies with us. 
But it don't.
It doesn't. 

So the first claim is. ( WE ALL HAVE A SOUL ) 
I like the sounds of that. 
Let's go with it.
AGREE. 
I estimate six plus billion people out of the eight on earth if asked. Do we have a soul would say we do. IDK 

Now you goddists being so knowing on all of life's great mysteries.
( NEXT CLAIM )  
WHEN WE DIE OUR SOUL LEAVES US AND '' whistles " out of your body, and lives on so to speak,
Then it's claim after claim.
We are this soul.
It goes upwards in the sky

Sooooooooooooo. 
Do we have a soul or not can't be answered FULL STOP.. 
And with this FACT,  bloody claims sprout.

But ummmmmmmmm, it's only common sense we don't have these extra special things you guys call souls. 

I feel like a mean bastard, for saying that now. 
Of course we all have souls ( disgusted doesn't ) 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
These Soul things you guys are on about.  It seems fitting.
Of course we all have a soul.
Now you're getting it! see, it seems fitting because you are not just a physical body. You know this inherently but you are forced to believe because of your current perception. You think all you are is senses that the physical body experiences, but if you're a little more intuitive you will observe that the physical body is just a vehicle or a mask, like if you were driving a car or operating machinery, or looking through the physical form.
But if there is any logic used to get to." WE ALL HAVE A SOUL " it must be carried on to.
And when we die our soul dies with us.
No not at all and that is why the evidence contradicts that false perception, because your consciousness is not created by a brain or the body, your soul is the awareness or consciousness that inhabits the physical body. This is plain to see when we look at the reality that the soul can exist outside the material body after brain death.
But it don't.
It doesn't.
It does, and the evidence in is NDE's and religion (spiritual encounters). To say it's not is a denial of the facts. Facts are that NDE's are a reality, they explain that the soul is not dependent on a brain.
So the first claim is. ( WE ALL HAVE A SOUL )
I like the sounds of that.
Let's go with it.
AGREE.
Now you're getting it, only that you are not lol. Which is it Debate, are you going to go with evidence and intuition or are you going with the bias of atheism?
I estimate six plus billion people out of the eight on earth if asked. Do we have a soul would say we do. IDK
Probably true, and while the fallacy ad populum voids claims it's also an indicator of the facts.
 Now you goddists being so knowing on all of life's great mysteries.
( NEXT CLAIM ) 
WHEN WE DIE OUR SOUL LEAVES US AND '' whistles " out of your body, and lives on so to speak,
Then it's claim after claim.
It's no longer a "claim" when the evidence mounts up like a giant slap in the face that says hey! you exist outside the physical body and material sense perception! look at the actual evidence involved!
We are this soul.
It goes upwards in the sky
Not really, when you leave the physical body you will experience a suction as if going through a tunnel, this is your soul separating from the physical body. This is a fact, not a guess or an assertion, you can go upwards or downwards lol.
Sooooooooooooo.
Do we have a soul or not can't be answered FULL STOP..
And with this FACT,  bloody claims sprout.
It can be answered, in many ways try asking a question bro.
But ummmmmmmmm, it's only common sense we don't have these extra special things you guys call souls.
No not at all, you started off saying "These Soul things you guys are on about.  It seems fitting.
Of course we all have a soul."
You're only inconsistent because you have no idea where to put your trust. But if you trust your initial intuition and trust in spirituality you will find it will never fail you.
I feel like a mean bastard, for saying that now.
Of course we all have souls ( disgusted doesn't )
Disgusted has a soul, but it's real rusty lol, kind of like an old car that's been in the garage too long. The guy is obviously spiritually decapitated.
The soul is simply the you away from the physical body, if you can imagine your being still existing apart from that. Your consciousness is not dependent on your current material form, the brain is nothing more than a conductor or component that confines your experience to this body but consciousness itself cannot be destroyed, you will always exist one way or another. You can never separate yourself from that reality.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
You cannot prove that your consciousness is not physical inside of the simulation.

Souls are only real if we are in a simulation. Even then, the soul itself is probably simulated too just on a higher-up level of reality.

If the body is a simulated avatar for the soul, you cannot ever prove that inside of the simulation, it's literally impossible.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
You cannot prove that your consciousness is not physical inside of the simulation.

That depends on what method one wishes to explore. It is impossible to prove it to another person, but quite possible to prove to the self. Since spirituality is individual perception it's also based on observation. Since we have a nature that exists outside the simulation we can also connect with that reality.  

Souls are only real if we are in a simulation. Even then, the soul itself is probably simulated too just on a higher-up level of reality.

Basically yes, these of course are just frequencies of energy to be experienced at various conscious levels. The soul itself is not simulated though, it comes out of a singular conscious Reality, which enters a simulated type of experience. The nature of the soul is identical with that outside the simulation. 

If the body is a simulated avatar for the soul, you cannot ever prove that inside of the simulation, it's literally impossible.

Unless you were to alternate your attention, again proving it to the individual not collectively. Then we take what we learn individually and share it collectively so that people can become aware of it. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
.Stupidity to try and post any topic here. You two are better off pm ing each other.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Remnant
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Are soul
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Maybe A SOUL is whatever the difference is between a MATE and a SOULMATE is . ?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Maybe maybe not
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
SOS 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Hey doc.
That post was pretty smart hey.
I feel i did well coming to that in one of me thoughts 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I totally agree, a SOULmate and a SOUL, Brilliant!
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
idk if the holy spirit is considered a soul. but here we go

god hardens the hearts of people.

this can seen to be true.

a person does something bad he feels guilty about it. but if he continues to do bad things he looses his ability to feel bad. the reason why he can not feel bad about doing bad things anymore is because god has hardened his heart. many people think they are sociopaths because they do not feel emotions but in reality there hearts have just been hardened

now the guilt feeling is done by the holy spirit.  holy spirit is the closest thing i could get to a soul
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Are soul
I think you are trying to make a joke out of our souls.   That's wrong because I think our souls are very important. I think of mine often, but even more often I like to think of other people's, because - in a very real sense - our souls are what we are.  

That's right - we are all our souls.  

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@EtrnlVw
where do you get your information about the afterlife? do you just read the internet and books? how do you decide what information is most reliable?