Spiritual experience

Author: janesix

Total: 11
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Describe your most memorable spiritual experience, if you don't mind sharing.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
So I have had about three major spiritual encounters that really changed me and what I thought was actual and possible. Though I have had many experiences my first sight of a spiritual being was very memorable and perhaps because I was only like 6 years old. I was a young kid just playing and minding my business when I noticed there was a group of kids looking out the window in a townhouse and I went over to look and about 100 yards was a pond or lake that was part of the complex just in front of my view. There was a lady (spirit) hovering over the lake walking towards the shore line, it was beautiful, the dress and the colors were amazing....she was tearing off pieces of her dress and they were floating behind her like leaves in the wind. The movement was so unusual, like she was moving in water and the way the gown moved...very colorful yet transparent in a way, hard to explain but really cool. This was obviously the spirit form/body or what is known as the subtle layer, these can be seen as your attention switches from the physical perception to the spiritual perception.

Another time I experienced something really awesome that pertains to my screen name which I saw in a vision on a wall. I was praying for my son one night as he slept years ago and when I went to stand up a vision on the wall in the dark opened up like a projector screen, it was a very clear summer scene like what you would see in a very beautiful park setting, sunny and bright and everything fresh and colorful. As I looked at this vision that sort of stunned me I saw a pair of birds that flew through the top of the image carrying a banner that said ETERNAL VIEW and I can still see the lettering clear as day. Never knew what the name was for but it stayed with me until this day.

Another time I had some negative encounters that scared the devil out of me lol, lets just say both positive and negative forces exist beyond this realm or experience. One should really learn about what they really are and why they are hear in this world because when they leave this planet they will encounter many things, places, many souls and beings. If an individual leaves this body believing they will never exist again this can be quite a dramatic experience, this is why people should consider and practice that which creates knowing because the reality that transcends this one is very dynamic, vast and so much more compelling than this one.

One of my favorite experiences is what I call "getting in the spirit", this is an exercise that clears the physical, mental and emotional state of being when one is not even prepared for it. This is just a form of meditation and experience that overrides those three states of awareness leaving you in a state of absolute contentment and bliss. See, the physical, mental and emotional layers can create such a weight on the individual but they are only carrying that baggage. When you elevate your consciousness to that of a Divine frequency you raise your state of experience above the frequency of the mind, body and emotions and can experience freedom from that. It's very hard to articulate what it's like but the Bible calls it the piece that passes understanding, that's pretty much what it's like. A piece that penetrates all layers of your being beyond what you normally control or experience, a lot like basking in the perfect water or sunset. Out of this experience comes many things...insights, visions and even words of knowledge.
Anyways this is kind of vague but there's many things to experience beyond the physical perception and I'm kind of a simple guy, like simple things and so this is something that fascinates me because I know what my mind and brain are capable of, when you experience things outside of that you know you hit the mark. I've also been applying spirituality since I was a young kid so it's more normal for me to have encounters than the average person or so it seems anyways. I have just always loved God and don't put anything in between that reality.
So many encounters to list but those are just some of the things that stand out to me off the top my head.

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
I don't tend to have many "visions" like these, mine tend to be more of a perceptual nature. Feelings that can't be described in words. Energy. I have had a few visions though, the most vivid being geometric shapes and religious symbols. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
And the beings I have met have been felt(or percieved I guess) and not seen. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Thank you for sharing hopefully we can get some other posters to share their experiences as well.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i have not had anything supernatural, but i have had intense emotional experiences that i call spiritual. once my soul felt like it was dancing while in church on a random day, it was ecstatic. things were clear as normal but felt like all was one. it's hard to explain. another time i was studying 'christus victor' view of atonement with christianity, and i had an overwhelming feeling of liberation and love wash over me as i realized that the essence of the gospel good news of Jesus is that love conquers death

i am not as new age or spiritual as eternal view, but my screen name means 'innate energy' because i can be esoteric in a spiritual way as well. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@n8nrgmi
Yes I would call those spiritual experiences. They are often very hard to explain
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I don't tend to have many "visions" like these, mine tend to be more of a perceptual nature. Feelings that can't be described in words. Energy. I have had a few visions though, the most vivid being geometric shapes and religious symbols.
Yeah visions aren't always the order of the day, I just used those examples because they were really neat. But perception is basically the key, doesn't matter if you visually see something or not it's the same thing just different manifestations of the same reality. When you leave the physical body though all these things will be very clear to you, knew sights, vision and perception from the spiritual body itself and the world that corresponds with that experience. Remember though, no matter what form you are present in it's the soul that is looking through that form. The soul can't look back on itself in it's true state of being just like you can't when you meditate, it has no body just awareness.
I've been cultivating the spiritual body for many years so my experiences will likely be different but spirituality is a process for each individual now or later.
And the beings I have met have been felt(or percieved I guess) and not seen.
Yes that happens to me all the time, you don't need to actually see a being to understand or perceive it is there, they too have an energetic presence and can be felt or noticed. Much different than the physical heavy body though, like certain colors of the full spectrum of color can't be seen by the physical eyeball so is the same with the spirit body. It exists far less dense than the physical form so if a spiritual being is seen it's because the perception of the individual has moved to the spirit body. This of course is how people have spiritual experiences but no one can explain why lol, it's that simple, because each individual soul in this world have both a physical layer as well as spiritual layers and can alternate between those frequencies of awareness.
But yeah "perceiving" is the very same thing as seeing spiritually speaking, because the experiences transcend the physical sense perceptions. In other words you can feel God and other beings not associated with this world, and you can have emotional experiences as well.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@n8nrgmi
i am not as new age or spiritual as eternal view

Lol well there's not much "new" under the spiritual umbrella TBH. Creation and the worlds that transcend this one are vast and incredibly dynamic there's really nothing new I could bring to the table besides explanations. Spirituality to me is an application more than beliefs, it's more a lifestyle or practice and so I apply whatever I think is applicable because of my love for the Creator. My passion for God serves as a platform to experience whatever God has to offer, and the eternal God is far more creative than anyone could ever get with or imagine. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i have witnessed unverified conjecture of the supernatural.in others 

there was a few things at a church of the holy spirit type place.
-one, my friend said he had a cracked spine that hurt sometimes, but he said at a healing service we were at that he didn't hurt no more and the crack was gone. i can't verify it though and am not sure what to believe.
-once i saw someone speaking in tongues and someone responding to them in plain english as if that person understood the tongue speak. it didn't go on long enough to verify that they understood tongue speak. i guess it's possible i understood the second person as if they were really speaking in tongues, now that i think about it.... but i doubt it. 
-there were prophets that gave anyone a prophecy if they wanted it. their words were too ambiguous to tell if they were accurate and specific to each person's situation, but they did seem to be in the abstract. 

once someone i know was dying of cancer and was on his death bed and said he saw jesus coming off the cross to get him. but he was doped up on drugs so it's hard to say. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Soul travel and astral projection should be seriously examined and studied by anyone interested in knowing whether or not all this soul stuff is real and objective. NDE's are the most flat out examples of proof and evidence that the soul can travel outside the brain. Soul travel of course would be thrown into the ol pseudoscience category to be ignored but it's the most compelling source of evidence because the soul can literally travel outside the body and experience an objective reality. This is not induced by the brain of course lol, because we all know from first hand experience that the brains perceptions stay within the confines of the brain. However, even after brain death consciousness will survive and does so through countless testimonies and religious sources. The soul can literally watch its physical body from the soul outside that body, and has been recorded through NDE's and spiritual experiences a million times over, that's repeatable and a clear example of demonstration of that which correlates with the reality of the soul.
I believe that in the future objective experiences due to soul travel will be what merges spirituality and science together, it will inevitably happen especially as the curiosity of man grows and the science behind creation and the soul become more well known. I can articulate exactly how the soul is formed, what it is made of and how it enters creation...why it experiences what it does and why it does not experience certain things. I can articulate the nature of consciousness which is the nature of the Creator, how the soul inhabits form, how the soul has transcendent experiences, how it leaves the body, where it will be when it does, how the Creator formed the universe and by what processes ect ect...all these things can be articulated because it's objective, it is what we will all eventually know anyways.

Astral projection-
"is a term used in esotericism to describe an intentional out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of a soul or consciousness called an "astral body" that is separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it throughout the universe."

Soul travel-
Soul Travel transcends astral or mind travel, and rote prayer, elevating one into profound spiritual areas. Whenever Soul reaches the far orbits of the inner planes through Soul Travel, the human heart opens to God's all-consuming love.