The Kingdom of God

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 36
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
The Kingdom of God is not a place, It's actually God ruling over our hearts!

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The Kingdom of God is at hand!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
The Kingdom of God is in some peoples heads.

In fact the notion of a Kingdom of God is probably in most peoples heads, given the free flow of associated information.

Though he level of importance attributed to the notion of a Kingdom of God varies considerably, depending mostly on the intensity of our formative conditioning. (Childhood brainwashing).
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
Whether you acknowledge it or not, The Truth reigns supreme.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
bahahahahahaha, how fucking amusing. One of your gods said it was due 2000yrs ago, if your idiot god didn't know when it was due someone like you would have no idea.
Your pathetic platitudes are exactly that.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
There never was a time, nor will there ever be a time when God does not reign supreme.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The Kingdom of God is not a place, It's actually God ruling over our hearts!

It's both, when you leave this world there will be places for you to journey. The Kingdom of God is symbolic and literal. Meaning there is a place but it also can penetrate the depth of your being. So while you can inhabit the Kingdom of God you can also transmit it. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@EtrnlVw
do you mean the afterlife
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
The Kingdom of God is in some peoples heads.

How long can you live with a bare assertion? 

• In fact the notion of a Kingdom of God is probably in most peoples heads, given the free flow of associated information.

Associated knowledge/information? yeah that's generally how people learn lol. 

Though he level of importance attributed to the notion of a Kingdom of God varies considerably, depending mostly on the intensity of our formative conditioning. (Childhood brainwashing).

You can label it whatever you like that's your choice, but if you want to get real start by asking questions. I'll entertain them if you like. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The afterlife is not representative of the Kingdom of God. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Because many things can transpire there. There's more than just the "Kingdom Of God". Which is symbolic for the pure in heart, where they might dwell. 
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr. C&P Franklin,

YOUR COMICAL AND STUPID QUOTE: "The Kingdom of God is not a place, It's actually God ruling over our hearts!"

Before you make a greater fool of yourself on DebateArt, specifically state what chapter and verse that supports your otherwise Satanic quote exemplifying that there is NO HEAVEN, fool!

BEGIN:

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I know, what’s your evidence for your first claim
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
not Heaven,DUH

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr. C&P Franklin,

For your lost memory, I'll post my question to you once again since you did not address it. Ready?  

"Before you make a greater fool of yourself on DebateArt, specifically state what chapter and verse that supports your otherwise Satanic quote exemplifying that there is NO HEAVEN, fool! (Your post #1)

Remember, DebateArt members are watching you RUN AWAY again from very simple religious questions!

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Heaven exists
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I know, what’s your evidence for your first claim

Are you serious?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
My first claim was that it is both, what good would there be a Kingdom of God in our hearts if a Kingdom of God doesn't exist lol? why would Jesus talk about some Kingdom that only exists in the heart, no, when you leave this form you will still exist. If you still exist there must be a place for that existence. 
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
luke 17:20-21

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

If you cannot understand this, then learn first to fear God, for it is the beginning of wisdom.  and then obey god and recieve the holy spirit. 

"the fool has said in his heart, there is no God."

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
I will live as long as I do, with the same opinion.  Unless the Big Guy should happen to stick his out head from behind the cloud that he's hiding behind and politely introduce himself.

Which is what one would expect an omni-sensible God to do.

As it stands I'm pretty confident that the Kingdom of God exists only as brain data, which will dissipate upon death. You've been led to confidently believe otherwise, which is just fine and dandy.

Of course, we end up as ever with the same old, same old. You cannot prove the unprovable and I cannot disprove the unprovable. No matter how much we might rant and rave.

LOL.

disgusted
disgusted
when you leave this form you will still exist
Completely wishful thinking, oh well.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I think your mixing up Heaven and The Kingdom of God
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@zedvictor4

zedvictor4,

YOUR QUOTE: " Unless the Big Guy should happen to stick his out head from behind the cloud that he's hiding behind and politely introduce himself."

What has always embarrassed me about being a TRUE Christian, is the fact that our Yahweh/Jesus/Spirit God verbally communicated with his Hebrew following all the time within the scriptures. Now, in 2019, He remains as silent as a church mouse.  I wonder why?  :(

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

Doc C&P Franklin,

ANOTHER EMBARRASSING QUOTE OF YOURS: "I think your mixing up Heaven and The Kingdom of God"

YOUR TOPIC OF THIS THREAD:  "The Kingdom of God is not a place, It's actually God ruling over our hearts!"

Once again, you show your total ineptness in front of the members. Do I have to do the simple math for you above, in showing you the blatant contradiction in terms? Huh?  GET IT? YES?

Doc, there should be a "live" test of logic101 to anyone that wants to join DebateArt, therefore it would  prevent in having to let your 'kind of incompetence" in this forum!

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I think your mixing up Heaven and The Kingdom of God

That would be the source of this Kingdom, the only point here is that it's not restricted to any location. The Kingdom of God in our hearts of course is not literal, it's symbolic that we don't have to be in heaven to witness God or spiritual principles rather that observation is always available to those who apply. Don't get me wrong though, God is present throughout all of creation, but there certainly are places that are labeled heaven. Jesus exists in an actual Kingdom not a figurative one. Do you know what a kingdom is? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
I will live as long as I do, with the same opinion. 

Very unfortunate and why I always say atheism is a dead end trap. It controls your mind and thoughts to the point you can't accept anything else. 

Unless the Big Guy should happen to stick his out head from behind the cloud that he's hiding behind and politely introduce himself.

Spirituality is a process, therefore that is not conducive to what you actually need. You might even say it was just a hallucination. Grow up a little, this is about application and observation, a cultivation....if you want to observe you have to connect with a method that will get you there. 

Which is what one would expect an omni-sensible God to do.

You come straight out of the heart of God as an individual soul, you are already apart of that. 

As it stands I'm pretty confident that the Kingdom of God exists only as brain data, which will dissipate upon death. You've been led to confidently believe otherwise, which is just fine and dandy.

Thanks for the opinion, have any questions?

Of course, we end up as ever with the same old, same old. You cannot prove the unprovable and I cannot disprove the unprovable. No matter how much we might rant and rave.

Try asking Victor. We can start there. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The bible speaks of a 'kingdom of god' and a 'kingdom of heaven'.

In the OT heaven is where yhwh holds court, but isn't where you go when you die.   The dead are in sheol, which is either oblivion or a dismal pit devoid of any light or sound - sheol is most certainly not a heaven you'd want to go to! 

Traditional Judaism has litte interest in the 'hereafter' - it is much more focused on this world rather than the next, in contrast to the Christian perspective. 

Luke 17:20
"Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

When the Pharisees say 'kingdom of god' they refer to Israel, freed from the domination of foreign powers and their false gods,ie Israel ruled by yhwh (ie his priests!).  That is totally in keeping with the this-wordly focus of their world view. They want to know when the Roman occupiers will be defeated.

Luke's Jesus explains that the kingdom of heaven is not Israel or any physical place but a 'spiritual space' that is everywhere and nowhere.  It is aspace one cannot enter with one's body but does so with one's mind, or spirit.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
Luke's Jesus explains that the kingdom of heaven is not Israel or any physical place but a 'spiritual space' that is everywhere and nowhere.  It is aspace one cannot enter with one's body but does so with one's mind, or spirit.

As I said it's both, to deny Jesus accepted a literal Kingdom of God is not very accurate, it's also a paradise, a dwelling place. The point Jesus was making is the same one I was making, that the "Kingdom of God" is not restricted to any location it can be demonstrated within oneself. The Kingdom of God in this world is in the midst of believers, when you leave this world there are literal Kingdoms, planets, places and things just like you see here. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
In other words the "Kingdom of God" can be experienced in this world before we leave this body, at the same time there is a source for that Kingdom. And that source transcends this physical world. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@EtrnlVw
Oviously i should have saidkingdom of god, not of heaven, there.

Jesus is also saying that he is not the nationalistic freedom fighter that a messiah was expected to be.