Important Topics suggestion

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 8
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
If I have seen it as in when that was added. Can it be minimized or brought down to the very end of the forum section? Preferably the second option.

I think it is a good idea because I wouldn't have to move my mouse for a longer distance to go what I want and the red exclamation is kinda annoying. Mainly because it catches my eyes and when I see it I am programmed to do something about it. I have various phone apps that use the red color but instead of the exclamation mark I have a number signifying how much I am missing. 

Just gripes. I think it would be coolio to do. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
I think it will also look better if all text went like this "Important Topics" instead of "Important topics". That is not as important as what I said above. 
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Good point, I will try to come up with a way to hide it somehow.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DebateArt.com
I think it would be easier to simply drop it down right at the bottom of the forum section when someone has clicked on each of them.

Have the "Read Important Topics" section hidden at the bottom until they have read an important announcement at the top of the forum section. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@DebateArt.com
I agree that it is visually obtrusive. Perhaps users could just be automatically PM'd links to those threads when they create an account?
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@bsh1
I am not sure about PMs, it doesn't feel right. I think I will just add a way to close those extra topics somehow. 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@DebateArt.com
You could make it an automatic announcement to new users (IE - not a site wide announcement - but gives a notification, etc)
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Ramshutu
That might be a better alternative than affixing it above the forums like that...