Ark of The Covenant

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 52
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
In Exodus 25:10-22, the specifics of the Ark were laid out. It needed to be two cubits and a half in length (one cubit being about 19.8-20.6 in.), a cubit and a half in breadth, and a cubit and a half in height. The Ark was overlaid inside and out with pure gold with a molding of gold around it.
For transportation, the Ark had four rings of gold with two rings on each side. A pole of acacia wood overlaid with gold was placed into the rings to carry the ark. These poles for transportation were to be permanent fixtures and never removed.

As God gave instructions on how to build the Ark, he also instructed Moses to put in the tablets of the 10 Commandments (the law). We see later in Numbers 17:10, “The LORD said to Moses, ‘Put back Aaron’s staff in front of the ark of the covenant law, to be kept as a sign to the rebellious.’” And Moses and Aaron already had set aside a jar of manna in it, which the Lord commanded them to put “with the tablets of the covenant law, so that it might be preserved” (Exodus 16:34).  

It is believed the Ark was destroyed during the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of King Nebuchadnezzar.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin

It is believed the Ark was destroyed during the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of King Nebuchadnezzar.

It is also believed the Romans carried it off after The Fall of Jerusalem.

It is also believed it was stolen and now is guarded today by Ethiopian priests at Axum .

Whatever it was and where ever it is , it was a powerful piece of technology. And it is a fantastic discussion subject...... until a complete prat to come along and derails your thread for the hell of it and just because he can. 

I believe there may well have been more that one. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
I've got the two originals in my back shed.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
How amazing
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
There are a lot of claims, but that is the most prevelent
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
There are only claims, there is no evidence that supports the claims but that's godism for ya.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE: "I believe there may well have been more that one."

Where in the Hell do you get the authority to promote that there were more than one Ark???!  Jesus' inspired words state with specificity the following:  "Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch." (Genesis 6:14)

In the passage above, do you see the plural in Arks as in more than one? NO YOU DO NOT!  Therefore, you DO NOT know more than Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate, understood?

Your Satanic ways will not go unnoticed!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr. C&P Franklin, 

Get to the point, how long and wide was Noah's ark?!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
There is certainly a lot of detailed instructions here for something not to have ever existed. Why go to all the effort, when the writers could have simply told us the "tablets" or tables of testimony are kept in a sacred box made by Bezalel and Oholiab constructed following the instructions of Moses.    There again when we get to Deuteronomy were are told that Moses constructed the ark. For me , as fascinating as the whole this story is, it is the last verse that intrigues me most.

Exodus 25:10-22 King James Version (KJV)

10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.
12 And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.
13 And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.
14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.
15 The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.
16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You are getting the ark of the covenant confused with Noah's ark.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Did god dictate those words? Because your version of godists claim that god didn't dictate so that is not a direct quote it's a fabrication concocted by the author of the passage. You really need an improved understanding of the crap in the bible.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Not sure if this is what you found interesting, but it seems like a good opportunity to point something out.

The iconoclastic interpretation of the commandment to not maake graven images doesn't make much sense, as you can see from these cherubim. There. was also the fiery serpent that was lifted up by Moses in the desert.

Moses, the guy who presented the 10 statements.

Also, fast forward, Solomon's temple was adorned with images.

So the iconoclastic interpretation of images and such is incorrect. Iconoclasm itself being condemned as a heresy at the 7th ecumenical council.

Not all uses of images are idolatrous. That is really the point. Idolatry is bad. Not images. 

The use of Icons in The Orthodox Church is kind of explained like this.. what scripture does with words, the icons do with color. They are for teaching, remembering, and things like that. We like icons a lot, there is a right way to like icons and a wrong way.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Hey any ark in a storm. WOW.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Stephen, YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE: "I believe there may well have been more that one."

Where in the Hell do you get the authority to promote that there were more than one Ark???!

Keep your Cassock on ' brother '.  You have the wrong ark for a start. Go see the title of the thread. I am not sure you know your ARK from your ARSE!!! or your elbow come to that!

Jesus' inspired words state with specificity the following:  "Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch." (Genesis 6:14)

Nope!  It clearly states this was "god" who gave the instructions for NOAH'S  ARK!!!!  He wanted to be rid of mankind because of people like you misquoting him all the time, and not being able to keep up,  I should imagine.

In the passage above, do you see the plural in Arks as in more than one?

No.

NO YOU DO NOT!

That's correct I don't. but that will be because I wasn't reading about Noah's ark. I was actaully referring to the title and topic of THIS thread. The Ark Of The Covenant.

Therefore, you DO NOT know more than Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate, understood?

maybe, but I know more than you though, don't I , you pompous penis. I can also read and keep up with the thread.

Your Satanic ways will not go unnoticed!

I should hope fkn NOT!!!!!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Not sure if this is what you found interesting,

What's the matter with you? I made myself perfectly clear which exact verse I found interesting. This is why you always get carried away with yourself.  You purposely try to tell others what they mean or meant to say and suggest an alternative. Why don't you learn to read  WHAT HAS ACTUALLY BEEN WRITTEN -  before you start commenting on a thread.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

You have passed the godly test, GOOD FOR YOU, praise Jesus!

Every one in a while, I test the "assumed Christians or Hell bound Atheists" on religion forums to see if they are truly paying attention. In your case, the rumor is that you do not comprehend words if the sentence contains more than six words.  Therefore, I brought forth Noah's ark in contrast to the Ark of the Covenant to see if you saw the difference, and you did, praise!

Since your biography page is SILENT upon the material asked of you, and if you're not to embarrassed, what is your MO regarding religion?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Regarding Mopac's Satanic ways, he uses the latest decoder ring that his Satanic Antioch Church has available at any given time. It matters not what Jesus' LITERAL words bring forth when it is shown to be disturbing, because the Hell Bound Mopac will try in vain to apologetically spin doctor them away. This is why he is a FAKE Christian extraordinaire!   

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
LIE
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Stephen,

You have passed the godly test, GOOD FOR YOU, praise Jesus!

Oh I am pleased.

Every one in a while, I test the "assumed Christians or Hell bound Atheists" on religion forums to see if they are truly paying attention. In your case, the rumor is that you do not comprehend words if the sentence contains more than six words.  Therefore, I brought forth Noah's ark in contrast to the Ark of the Covenant to see if you saw the difference, and you did, praise!
You mean you fucked up.  And feel quite the penis I said you were, so not having a get out of that fkn great hole that you dug for yourself, you decided it was all a test. I see. 

Since your biography page is SILENT upon the material asked of you,

Nothing has been asked of me, material or otherwise.

and if you're not to embarrassed, what is your MO regarding religion?

There was never any such thing as "religion" until the priests usurped the kings. The sole  job of priests was nothing more than to lick the arses of the lords  and serve them only. They had absolutely nothing to do with the general population. The general population were ruled by kings following the instructions of the lord that handed down kingship to him. That is why still today king/queenship is still called "god given".. The general population were regarded as  far too ' unclean '  to be anywhere near the lords. But over all, religion is  a fascinating subject all round though. 

Now , out of courtesy to Dr.Franklin , could we stick to the topic of the thread. If you have no opinion, or nothing to add on the topic, It is simple courtesy  to leave the thread and not  agitate for the sake of it.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Being rude does not elevate you, quite the contrary, it demeans you.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE: "Now , out of courtesy to Dr.Franklin , could we stick to the topic of the thread. If you have no opinion, or nothing to add on the topic, It is simple courtesy  to leave the thread and not  agitate for the sake of it."

I will enter any Dr. C&P Franklin thread for the purpose of this fool not following the scriptures as intended by Jesus the Christ. Do you understand this simple premise or not? It is my duty as a TRUE Christian to do so, get it?

Now, moving on, you mention religion as being a topic that you like to discuss, BUT, you left out the most important part, are you religious in any way by being a part of the remaining three divisions of God, being Judaism, Christianity, or Islam?  If not, what is your MO subsequently, are you an Atheist, a comical Agnostic, or?  Furthermore, please do not "agitate" in answering just for the sake of it, okay? Thank you.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
News flash for the misinformed there are millions of gods claimed by man. Do catch up, you forgot Zeus.
Zeus is the god of which religion? Judaism, Christianity or Islam?
Mopac
Mopac
We Orthodox do see The Theotokos as an antitype of The Ark of the covenant.

Much as the ark of the Covenant carried the covenant, so Mary carried the new covenant in her womb and even as a child.

Just as The Ark carried the statements of God, so did Mary carry The Word of God.

And even the church is a type of Mary, for The Spirit of Truth fills the church, and The Word of God becomes flesh in the icons, the hymns, and of course in the eucharist itself. The Church itself being an icon of the birth, death, and resurrection of The Word of God made flesh, dwelling among us.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Do you understand this simple premise or not? It is my duty as a TRUE Christian to do so, get it?

I do "get it", But not in this case.  What I don't get is people like you who drift off topic without a thought for the OP and carry on with your own agenda. I admit sometimes this is unavoidable, but we are still on page one and you and mopac already want to stamp you "authority" all over it. I am simply asking you to respect the op. 

are you religious in any way

No, I am not. I look at the scriptures as history of the ancients. I believe these "lords"  existed once and either they went back from whence they came, or simply died off when the human population got too large and too much for them to control. Like I have said, there was never any such thing as "religion" in ancient times. "Religion" is without doubt is a conception of mankind. None of which has anything to do with the topic of the op.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Why don't you tell me
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
Interesting
disgusted
disgusted
The ark was fucked because Moshe chose two carpenters to make it and one of then was 6'4" and the other was 4'9" oi vey. You don't get it.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "None of which has anything to do with the topic of the op."  

If I may address your ignorance once again, the initial post by the bereft Dr. C&P Franklin includes biblical passages from our JUDEO-Christian bible, does it not? Huh?  Therefore, the hypocrite Doc Frank opens himself up to Christianity in general, get it? Maybe?  Therefore, he is open to me correcting him again on our faith, no matter if it is the topic at hand, or a topic of Christianity.  

You are probably the last one at DebateArt that can tell me in how I am to conduct myself when dealing with FAKE Christians, understood?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
the initial post by the bereft Dr. C&P Franklin includes biblical passages from our JUDEO-Christian bible, does it not? Huh?

Yes a specific part and addressing a specific story, This one, the one the OP has chosen, is The Ark Of The Covenant. So stop being so fk rude.

Therefore, the hypocrite Doc Frank opens himself up to Christianity in general, get it?

No. I don't get it you clown. I am sure the OP is not a stupid as you give him credit for and knew exactly what it was that he wanted the forum to discuss. he has chosen a Specific part and put it up for discussion. You are simply being awkward and uncooperative. 

Therefore, he is open to me correcting him again on our faith, no matter if it is the topic at hand, or a topic of Christianity. 

Faith is not in question here , stop being so rude.  

You are probably the last one at DebateArt that can tell me in how I am to conduct myself when dealing with FAKE Christians, understood?

So why not start your own thread on what you call "fake Christians"? And stop derailing this one with your preaching about something you obviously have no knowledge about. Or do I need to remind you that you don't know your Ark from your fkn Arse?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
I'm sure the Hebrews had a box they kept some of their most sacred objects in!  I doubt that would have been quite as grand and gold-encrusted as Exodus says, though, and didn't have magical powers!