Lol.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
See, I hate manual labor of any kind.

*Pictures a person moving a sponge around on a plate for several seconds*

I feel like we have different definitions of the phrase 'manual labor'...
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I feel like we have different definitions of the phrase 'manual labor'...
Roflmao...

My idea of manual labor also includes dusting, sweeping, and mopping, which I do only out of necessity (their not being done drives me nuts). I would rather die than mow a lawn.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
You'r not one of those weirdos that doesn't bleach the bathtub every four to six months are you? Because I just had a conversation about that with a few people the other day and they made it sound like I was the weirdo.
bsh1
bsh1
I think in some sense, my disinclination to doing manual labor fits in with a particular gay stereotype. Then again, I find handiness an extremely attractive trait in other guys....
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You'r not one of those weirdos that doesn't bleach the bathtub every four to six months are you? Because I just had a conversation about that with a few people the other day and they made it sound like I was the weirdo.
What on earth are you talking about? I am gay. Of course I bleach the bathtub. I have a cleaner who does that every other week for crying out loud.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
What on earth are you talking about? I am gay.

Oh okay uh... but you can see how that might not actually make me feel better right? being as I am not a gay I mean.
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
Why'd it die...?
Guess they didn't have enough funding

And better to have roommates who aren't around a lot than ones who are around a lot and annoying.

Yeah but I'm pretty social and my last roommate was too. Now if none of my friends are available, I'm basically just sitting in the apartment doing nothing except playing games. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Oh okay uh... but you can see how that might not actually make me feel better right? being as I am not a gay I mean.
Don't knock it till you try it.

But seriously, it's just good hygiene...
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
Now if none of my friends are available, I'm basically just sitting in the apartment doing nothing except playing games. 
Hang out with clubs and friend groups, then.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
You'r not one of those weirdos that doesn't bleach the bathtub every four to six months are you? Because I just had a conversation about that with a few people the other day and they made it sound like I was the weirdo.
Well fuck I guess I'm a weirdo
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
Don't knock it till you try it.
I will neither knock it nor try it lol.

But seriously, it's just good hygiene...
Okay, on the same page there at least.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
Now if none of my friends are available, I'm basically just sitting in the apartment doing nothing except playing games. 
Hang out with clubs and friend groups, then.

I mean I do, but clubs aren't always meeting and friends aren't always available. I'm down for some down time but I'm still hesitant to click circles because they might complain if it's too loud
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I will neither knock it nor try it lol.
Boring...
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
 I'm down for some down time but I'm still hesitant to click circles because they might complain if it's too loud
How can that be too loud?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vaarka
I'm still hesitant to click circles because they might complain if it's too loud

osu! reference right?

Solution: headphones.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
1) If you were stuck in a place for all of eternity what 1 thing would you take along forever?

2) Earth A has water. Earth B has water. Both of them taste and function the same but looking at both under the microscope, Earth B does not have the same elements as Earth A. Do you think that is enough of a distinction to not call Earth B's similar liquid to Earth A's water water? 

3) Would you carry on living a life you know that weighing the options of good and bad objectively you will have a bad life?

4) What do you think of philosophy?

5) Do you think philosophy is what everyone does but at the highest level hardly anyone does (as in speak about more advanced topic like meta-ethics?

6) If you had one advancement you would like to occur in the future what you would it be?

7) Do you think the progressive movement will get to a point they will be condemning heterosexuals for having biases over not choosing same-sex partners?

8) Do you see that the vocal crowd of the progressive movement are more often than not white kids that are well off in society (Personalities online not government staff)?

9) Would you constantly fight crime only to be bruised and battered while also be rich or be in love while also not really ever steady when it comes to income (It is a play on a previous question and hopefully you can also guess which two characters I am referring too)?

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1) If you were stuck in a place for all of eternity what 1 thing would you take along forever?
My dog, assuming if by "forever" you mean that he'd live with me until I died.

2) Earth A has water. Earth B has water. Both of them taste and function the same but looking at both under the microscope, Earth B does not have the same elements as Earth A. Do you think that is enough of a distinction to not call Earth B's similar liquid to Earth A's water water? 
So, by elements you mean hydrogen and oxygen? If so, then B is not water, but a water-substitute. This deals with the realm of synthetic knowledge, and, synthetically, water is defined as being made of hydrogen and oxygen. The water-substitute is thus not water, even if it appears as such.

3) Would you carry on living a life you know that weighing the options of good and bad objectively you will have a bad life?
Are you asking about suicide or about whether I would have wanted to ever have existed?

4) What do you think of philosophy?
It's great. It should be mandatory.

5) Do you think philosophy is what everyone does but at the highest level hardly anyone does (as in speak about more advanced topic like meta-ethics?
I think inspirational quotes and mantras are about as close as most people get, but that such things don't really count as philosophy. They are, in an important sense, empty platitudes that give the illusion of depth.

6) If you had one advancement you would like to occur in the future what you would it be?
This is selfish, but I'd like gay couples to be able to have biological children. I am not sure if that would be the one I would choose if I actually were given a choice, but, sitting here thinking about it, it is one that I would like to see happen.

7) Do you think the progressive movement will get to a point they will be condemning heterosexuals for having biases over not choosing same-sex partners?
No, lol. Maybe a few random crazy people...but not in the mainstream. I think most of the ridicule progressives get for calling out bias is contrived nonsense that doesn't apply to most, everyday progressives.

8) Do you see that the vocal crowd of the progressive movement are more often than not white kids that are well off in society (Personalities online not government staff)?
I think progressives do tend to be highly educated, and therefore white. But I think that if more people became highly educated, more people would become progressives.

9) Would you constantly fight crime only to be bruised and battered while also be rich or be in love while also not really ever steady when it comes to income (It is a play on a previous question and hopefully you can also guess which two characters I am referring too)?
So, Batman feels like the first, but I am not seeing the second, unless you mean Superman, but I never thought of him as lacking a reliable income. I wouldn't want to be poor and I wouldn't want to not be in love. I certainly don't see myself as cut out to physically fight crime. I'd choose the latter.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
How can that be too loud?
Have you never heard me play osu? 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
osu! reference right? 

Solution: headphones.

yes, and I'm not referring to the music. I'm referring to the volume of my tapping
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
Pls tell me you don't blast the volume...That will ruin your ears.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
I'm referring to the volume of my tapping
Gayyyyy
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
Pls tell me you don't blast the volume...That will ruin your ears.

You guys seem to be getting the wrong picture here. I wear headphones and don't have super loud volume. I'm talking about the sound of me pressing the keys on my keyboard
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
I'm referring to the volume of my tapping
Gayyyyy

bet
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
I mean, violent tapping can be pretty loud...

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
As long as it's not like you're nailing something into a wall with a hammer, you should be fine, volume-wise.

(Nope...still sounds gay...)
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
I mean, violent tapping can be pretty loud...
Can confirm. The real question is how do we both know this?

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
As long as it's not like you're nailing something into a wall with a hammer, you should be fine, volume-wise.

Nope...still sounds gay...

I'll have to send you a recording or something some time
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
The real question is how do we both know this?
Oh, Vaar...
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
The real question is how do we both know this?
Oh, Vaar...

yessss?