Your Religion Is False

Author: Willows

Read-only
Total: 38
Willows
Debates: 0
Willows
That is unless you are an indigenous Australian.

So, all you Christians, Muslims, and Judaists can all go to Hell.

Quite literally.

You see, it has been found that the Aboriginies have had their "Dreamtime" for some 65,000 years the first recorded religion in the world which kind of precedes Christianity by some 63,000 years. That pretty well puts the kibosh on the Bible's credibility (what little it ever had, that is) since the universe was believed by Christians to have been created 6000 years ago. Unless of course, the Aboriginals were waiting around in limbo out in space for some 59,000 years waiting for the universe to be created.

No sirree....the Aboriginals knew who their Gods were......"These supernatural enigmatic creators were often referred to as men and women who had the ability to change shape into animals and other creatures such as the Rainbow Serpent."

Also, "they held the belief that the Dreamtime is a period on a continuum of past, present, and future" which makes the Christian copy of the original religion seem a bit one dimensional and simplistic, to say the least.

There you have it, who are we to argue the authenticity of the original and only true religion.

So, throw away all your crucifixes, yarmulkes and burqas, pick up a spear and a boomerang and start dancing around the fire.

Otherwise, you will end up in the fire.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
True Religion is to love the Truth with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength, to love your neighbor as yourself, and to live in charity.

The letter kills, but the spirit brings life. True Religion has been with us since the beginning.

And I most certainly am a Christian who knows with a surety that you do not understand my faith.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Mopac
All we need to know is that it is faith, it has no reality. where was your god before the Canaanites invented him?
Willows
Willows
-->
@Mopac
How do you know that I don't know your faith?

It is all very well to assert your religion, but the fact is that the Australian Aboriginals are credited with having the first religion in the world.

In fact, The Dreamtime precedes Christianity by some 61,300 years and to this day the same religion and culture still exist.

What makes you think that your religion, which was devised only 1700 years ago, based on unconfirmed 300-year-old anecdotal scriptures, has any precedence over the first and still living religion?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Willows
Even St Augustine acknowledges that true religion existed since the beginning of man, and was simply known as Christianity in his day.

My religion wasn't devised, which is why I say you don't understand it. 

Sure, the Christian cultural tradition was created at a time and date, but the True Religion that underlies it, the spirit of it, has always been.

And what is that True Religion but relationship with The Truth as God?

No, you don't understand my faith.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@vagabond
Where was The Truth before you denied its existence?
The same place it is now, and the same place it will be even after your life dissipates into nothing like the vapor it is.

Willows
Willows
-->
@Mopac
And still, you arrogantly and ignorantly refuse to address the topic and instead push your hideously, vulgar, despicable and evil agenda of what you call "truth".
You are part of the scum and dregs of society, nothing more.
Willows
Willows
-->
@Mopac
And you don't even bother to acknowledge the fact that a religion was created long before your "truth" religion, nor address the topic.

That is ignorance and arrogance in the extreme.

You are a nit wit.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Willows
I certainly did address your topic.

Love of The Truth is True Religion, and Augustine's work bearing that name says the exact same thing that I am telling you, that True Religion has always been, and in the time of Augustine it took the name of Christianity. Keep in mind that this man is acknowledged as a father of the church and a saint, so it would be ridiculous to say his position is not a Christian one.

Even the most primitive of people understood that keeping it real is the best policy.

You say The Truth is evil, but The Truth is clearly the greatest good. And there is no greater evil than to willingly embrace delusion over The Truth.

There is no argument against The Truth, and there is no amount of insulting me or my intelligence that will make your position any stronger.

Maybe you should adopt an attitude of charity instead of mocking those you see as mentally deficient. 

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Mopac
Where was your god before the Canaanites invented him.
Castin
Castin
You hate religion but you proudly claim your country invented religion. You can be an odd duck my friend.

I think it's a unique and interesting spirituality. If it's really that old I'm incredibly impressed by how long it's survived. What evidence are they basing the 63,000 on?
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Castin
You hate religion but you proudly claim your country invented religion.
We white Australians don't share in any Aboriginal traditions, and this isn't a claim he made. It's why he specified Indigenous Australians. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Smithereens
Not sure what you mean. Never suggested he was a believer or participant. He's an atheist.
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Castin
Ik, but it's not "our" country's religion that he's "proud" of. We don't really have anything to do with their dream time mythology. 
Willows
Willows
-->
@Castin
If you care to look it up, you will find that there is overwhelming evidence in the form of artifacts and paintings.

I don't  "proudly" claim........

My point is that the Dreamtime was an established religion way long ago and precedes Christianity by some 61,300 years, therefore, what gives Christians, Muslims or Judaists the right to call their belief the one and only religion or that it has any validity whatsoever?

Castin
Castin
-->
@Smithereens
So your beef was I didn't say "claim your land was home to the invention of religion"? Fair enough.
Willows
Willows
-->
@Mopac
You have not addressed the fact that people were practicing religion long before Christianity was invented.

And, what gives the right for a nit-wit like you to hijack a perfectly legitimate word such as "truth" and use it for the most deviously ignorant and arrogant reasons.

You have been told it before but JWs have a vile reputation for having their heads placed firmly up their fundamental orifices and what they know about "truth" could be written in headline type across a flea's nuts.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Willows
If you care to look it up, you will find that there is overwhelming evidence in the form of artifacts and paintings.

I don't  "proudly" claim........

My point is that the Dreamtime was an established religion way long ago and precedes Christianity by some 61,300 years, therefore, what gives Christians, Muslims or Judaists the right to call their belief the one and only religion or that it has any validity whatsoever?
I actually asked because I was reading the Wikipedia page and weirdly it doesn't seem to give much information about how old Dreamtime is. I couldn't be arsed to go on a deeper search which is usually when I start poking people in the thread for lazy-friendly information.

People are free to say anything is the one true religion but I have to admit I find the phrase arrogant and dogmatic. Not to mention divisive. Just my opinion. There's "this is my truth" and there's "this is the only truth". I know which one I prefer. But when many religious people say one true religion, they probably think they're just stating a fact.

It's interesting that humans automatically equate the age of a religion with validity. I've subconsciously done it as well.
vagabond
vagabond
Zeus, The God is The Truth.
Willows
Willows
-->
@Castin
No religion is valid anyway.

I am merely using my usual sarcastic style to rub it in the faces of theists who each, of course, claims his or her religion to be the only real religion.

The Dreamtime is no more valid or sensical than any other religion. 

Looking at it from another angle.....how dare Christians, for example, claim to have the only religion when there was another religion around for some 63,000 years already?

And how does a Christian explain why the Aboriginals were waiting around in limbo somewhere for 59,000 years waiting for the world to be created?

That's one heck of a lot of wasted drinking time.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Willows
Well not all of them are Young Earth creationists.
Willows
Willows
-->
@Castin
In which case, they would have to admit that the one and only "authoritative text" to their religion is false.

It is incredulous that such a fundamental blunder (amongst others) as to the age of the earth could make such a book anything but a piece of contrived rubbish.  
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
And still, you arrogantly and ignorantly refuse to address the topic and instead push your hideously, vulgar, despicable and evil agenda of what you call "truth".
You are part of the scum and dregs of society, nothing more.
That is ignorance and arrogance in the extreme.
You are a nit wit.

Mopac, in all seriousness these comments to you made by Willows needs to be reported and dealt with. I'm doubting the moderation of this place but this kind of garbage needs to go and stay out. If you don't report it I will. This guy and vagabond are trolls from DDO, they just try and make you feel whatever negative energy they wish to project, they are not interested in honest discussion and debate. They're gonna spend the next 10 years of their pathetic lives destroying this site and harassing the Theists in the religion section.

Willows
Willows
-->
@EtrnlVw
I'm the one exposing the offensive, arrogant, ignorant, rubbish perpetrated by others and you want to report it?

Since when have you ever had the decency or guts to make an intelligent reply to what are reasoned and appropriate arguments?

Or are you still hell-bent in defending extremist religious nuts?

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@EtrnlVw
This guy and vagabond are trolls from DDO, they just try and make you feel whatever negative energy they wish to project, they are not interested in honest discussion and debate.
Let's look at honesty with the thing that claims to fly around god worlds? Absolute LIES. Fear of the truth is the cause of his post. And Mopac lies incessantly about his gods.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@vagabond
@Willows

The only God is The Ultimate Reality.

You are making an error when you try to date the origin of this God to created things.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
I am serene, they can try their worst.
Willows
Willows
-->
@Mopac
And the "book of absurdities" made a fundamental error in deducing that the universe is 6000 years old.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Mopac
The only God is The Ultimate Reality.
Says you. So what?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@vagabond
@Willows
Even if you deny The Ultimate Reality having aupreme authority over your life, it does change the fact that this is your God.