Is Trump blowing it?

Author: dylancatlow

Total: 78
dylancatlow
Debates: 0
dylancatlow
Despite still having failed to deliver on his promise to deport the millions of Mexican invaders and build a southern border wall to prevent their return, I find it very hard to believe that President Trump was insincere in stressing the dire need for such changes, and simply did it to get elected. So one has to ask: why is he not doing more? Is he scared to act, or constantly being sabotaged without his even knowing? Or, on the other hand, is he just not in this all the way, and lacks the will to fight as hard as he would need to? Either way, it’s not good, but that’s different from “hopeless.”

I say that his support for deportations and the wall is sincere not just for all the obvious reasons, like the fact that he’s still tweeting about these issues to this day, but also because of lesser-known facts, such as the fact that in 2017 he gave what amounted to a White Nationalist rally in Poland. Those who are able to read between the lines know the real meaning of sentences such as these, especially when spoken to an all-White crowd in the whitest country in Europe, the first European country he delivered a speech to:

“Americans, Poles, and the nations of Europe value individual freedom and sovereignty. We must work together to confront forces [...] from the South or the East [...]

We write symphonies. We pursue innovation. We celebrate our ancient heroes, embrace our timeless traditions and customs, and always seek to explore and discover brand-new frontiers.

Despite every effort to transform you [...] you endured and overcame.
[...] it is the people, not the powerful, who have always formed the foundation of freedom and the cornerstone of our defense. The people have been that foundation here in Poland.

Just as Poland could not be broken, I declare today for the world to hear that the West will never, ever be broken. Our values will prevail. Our people will thrive. And our civilization will triumph.”

One could easily imagine these words coming from Richard Spencer. The fact that Trump “disavows” him conveys virtually zero information, since, if Trump shares his ideas and wants to make them national policy, then he has no choice but to play along. Let’s hope for a day when charades like these will no longer be necessary. (I hope everyone here has figured out what the “Muslim terrorism problem” is really code for ;)).
It’s also known that his father instructed him very early on about the importance of genetics, and about the falseness of our national dialogue which rejects such facts in favor of absurdities like “everyone of every race is equal”:

“The Frontline documentary The Choice, which premiered this week on PBS, reveals that Trump agrees with the dangerous and abusive theory of eugenics.

‘The family subscribes to a racehorse theory of human development,’ D’Antonio says in the documentary. ‘They believe that there are superior people and that if you put together the genes of a superior woman and a superior man, you get a superior offspring.’”

Contrary to what he is allowed to claim, Trump *is* something very close to a White Nationalist and the Left is right to be terrified. He is far more radical than he can afford to present himself as to the public, and that’s a very good thing. It’s also good that he’s *not* being completely honest about his beliefs, because that just wouldn’t work, and this needs to work.

One fact that has always concerned me is that Trump was unwilling in the 2016 election to donate any significant portion of multi-billion dollar fortune toward his campaign, and apparently had to be coaxed into donating the small amount he did. Of course, it didn’t matter in the end, and perhaps the money wouldn’t have helped at all, and might have even turned voters off. But if this wasn’t a calculated move on Trump’s part, and he didn’t want to donate any of his riches because he’s just kind of a shitty person who would rather see the world burn than lose even a little of what constitutes his “identity”, I don’t know what to say. If he has even the faintest idea of what’s at stake, he’d know how silly that would be. So the question is: does he really get it?

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Trump can fucking suck one day and rock the other day, unpredictable, but I love his political strategy for 2020, attacking the radical dems in the house so the party rally’s behind them, oh it’s a genius plan
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@dylancatlow
and the Left is right to be terrified.
How so?  What terrible things are we talking about here?
disgusted
disgusted
Just a racist idiot.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I've never seen the congress get so much airtime outside of Cspan.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
The entire speech you referenced can be read here:

While it does seem that he is praising the "community of nations" that is Western civilization (and which also seems to be a rare praise of NATO), it is far from clear that he's referring to any external enemy that threatens the West, save Islamic terrorism and hostile foreign governments. He concludes his description of threats by blaming "government bureaucracy" for sapping the vitality of the people. He does say "South and the East", but it's not clear at all just from this that he's singling out migrants from Latin America. In referring to Poland, Iran could be interpreted as a threat to the south, as much of NATO's ballistic missile defense infrastructure is geared around defending against an attack from Europe's southern flank.
Mainly it appears to be a speech that says 'Thank you Poland for buying our expensive military hardware and helping keep our defense industries in business". I would be wary of taking some malicious subliminal message from this.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
(Also, the idea that Poland is the "whitest nation" is absurd. The Nazis thought that all Slavs were non-white and made a point to murder any well-educated or successful Pole. If that was what Trump was going for then Norway, Sweden, or Denmark would've made for a near-infinitely better venue.)
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@disgusted
So you have anything to contribute to the conversation? No you don’t. Please leave.
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@Swagnarok
Are the Nazis an authority on the topic of race, then? Are you aware of their position on the Jews? 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mharman
Can't understand what I write? I'm not surprised.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dylancatlow

1. What might Donald Trump be "Blowing"?
2. Who is "the Left"
3. Why would "the Left" be terrified?
4. What does "close to white nationalism" mean?  If it helps, here's a list of related questions.
  • Does it mean a nationalist that happens to connect with the same things dead Europeans did and Americans continue to do? 
  • Does it mean having a light, slightly orange hewed skin tone, and being a nationalist? 
  • Are Americans like John McCain "close to a white nationalist" for expressed support of binding Euro-American relations? 
  • Are people who proport common "Western Values" close to white nationalism?
  • Is the belief that the people form the foundation of freedom close to white nationalism?
  • Are advocates for cooperation or union among Europeans "close to white nationalists"?
5. What significance is the particular commonality, compatibility, or closeness with white nationalism to you?
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@disgusted
All you wrote was "just a racist idiot". That's pretty easy to understand what that means. It means you have nothing useful to offer.
DapperMack
Debates: 3
DapperMack
-->
@Mharman
He isn't really worth discussing with, and isn't even good by shitposting standards lol. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
trump has had the opportunity to press having employers use E verify to verify that employees are US citizens. and he chooses not to press that. he says it's too hard on employers. so does he really care about illegals stealing jobs? it's possible he doesn't, at least not fully.

he also should have been pressing deportation constantly since being elected, but i know has recently did a big example of it over a recent weekend. maybe it was just for press coverage and he really has been trying and does care, i dont know. 
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@Snoopy
How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky? I'm not answering questions like these. 
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@n8nrgmi
Could you find me a quote where he says that? If he actually has said it, I'd really like to see what his exact words were. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@dylancatlow
"Asked on Fox News whether his immigration proposals would include E-Verify, Trump responded that it could "possibly" be part of it. "E-Verify is so tough that in some cases, like farmers, they're not -- they're not equipped for E-Verify," he said. Oh, really? Does Trump think farmers don't have laptops?"

just google e verify and trump as key words for more info. 
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
Thanks to all of you who are defending me despite probably not agreeing with my politics. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dylancatlow
How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky? I'm not answering questions like these. 
Some of the questions are literally quoting content from your original post for clarification, or elaboration.  None of the questions are asking for a degree or measurement or taking you to speak of some ridiculously random thing you've never mentioned.  They aren't intended to be difficult for you to answer.

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@n8nrgmi
Thanks, that's interesting to know. The best case scenario is that Trump doesn't want attention diverted away from his wall proposal, given that it is the only solution which can't easily be reversed by democrats. The worst case scenario is that Trump has been lying to us all along. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mharman
Thank you for the confirmation.
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
There wasn't a white nationalist rally in Poland. At least, there was, though it was quite small and generally condemned.

The "white nationalist march" in Poland was a mere fabrication of Poland's Independence Day celebration. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
I imagine the political climate with secure boarders and sensible immigration policy would be most conducive to an influx of people immigrating to the US, from all over the world.  They say the abusive immigration system is unfair to people seeking to come here legally.

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@triangle.128k
I provided reasons for why I think it "amounted" to a White Nationalist rally. You're free to disagree, but in that case you should explain your thinking. 

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@dylancatlow
“Americans, Poles, and the nations of Europe value individual freedom and sovereignty. We must work together to confront forces [...] from the South or the East [...]

We write symphonies. We pursue innovation. We celebrate our ancient heroes, embrace our timeless traditions and customs, and always seek to explore and discover brand-new frontiers.

Despite every effort to transform you [...] you endured and overcame.
[...] it is the people, not the powerful, who have always formed the foundation of freedom and the cornerstone of our defense. The people have been that foundation here in Poland.

Just as Poland could not be broken, I declare today for the world to hear that the West will never, ever be broken. Our values will prevail. Our people will thrive. And our civilization will triumph.”
What about this implies racial nationalism?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
and isn't even good by shitposting standards lol. 

Because he is in his 40's, anyone over the age of 32 doesn't understand the art of the shitpost
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@dylancatlow
Despite still having failed to deliver on his promise to deport the millions of Mexican invaders and build a southern border wall to prevent their return, I find it very hard to believe that President Trump was insincere in stressing the dire need for such changes, and simply did it to get elected.
He hasn't "failed to deliver" on anything. He's trying, but the ninth circuit, as well as a bunch of ignorant judges, keep blocking him from doing these things, and they are holding him back.

They are the ones who are failing us, NOT Trump. They are the ones to blame, NOT Trump.

So one has to ask: why is he not doing more? Is he scared to act, or constantly being sabotaged without his even knowing? Or, on the other hand, is he just not in this all the way, and lacks the will to fight as hard as he would need to? Either way, it’s not good, but that’s different from “hopeless.”
Again, he isn't doing more because those third parties are holding him back from doing more... so, yes, he is, in a way, "being sabotaged". It's that simple.

I say that his support for deportations and the wall is sincere not just for all the obvious reasons, like the fact that he’s still tweeting about these issues to this day, but also because of lesser-known facts, such as the fact that in 2017 he gave what amounted to a White Nationalist rally in Poland.
Cite this.

I hope everyone here has figured out what the “Muslim terrorism problem” is really code for ;)).
Explain what you mean by this. What do you mean by "code" exactly?

It’s also known that his father instructed him very early on about the importance of genetics, and about the falseness of our national dialogue which rejects such facts in favor of absurdities like “everyone of every race is equal”:
Gonna need evidence for this nonsense that you're spewing, too.

One fact that has always concerned me is that Trump was unwilling in the 2016 election to donate any significant portion of multi-billion dollar fortune toward his campaign, and apparently had to be coaxed into donating the small amount he did. Of course, it didn’t matter in the end, and perhaps the money wouldn’t have helped at all, and might have even turned voters off. But if this wasn’t a calculated move on Trump’s part, and he didn’t want to donate any of his riches because he’s just kind of a shitty person who would rather see the world burn than lose even a little of what constitutes his “identity”, I don’t know what to say. If he has even the faintest idea of what’s at stake, he’d know how silly that would be.
You're mad at Trump for.... trying to make the smart financial decision to save money instead of throwing it away? Alright then. Keep in mind that when I am choosing who to vote for to be my president, I do not concern myself with how much they donated to whatever; the only thing I concern myself with is what that president is looking to do to improve the country and what their plans/goals are. I support Trump because he has been aiming to cut down on illegal immigration, cut down on muslims/terrorists entering this country, and make America great again.

So the question is: does he really get it?
Get what? What do you mean by "it?"

Like I said, these circuits, courts, and judges are what is holding Trump back from doing more. It's not Trump's fault at all. Everything you said would be absolutely true if that wasn't the case.... but here are just some of Trumps accomplishments so far, despite all of that.

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Christen
Don't be ridiculous. Trump does not wield unlimited powers and he and his legislation are bound by existing laws. If his legislation runs into those laws, the failure is his for not accounting for those laws, not the judges who are trying to keep the rule of law.
Christen
Christen
-->
@dustryder
The problem with those so-called "existing laws" is that they tend to have loopholes that criminals and illegal aliens can exploit, and Donald Trump is looking to fix that.

In the article, it reads:

Unlike many other categories of applicants for immigration benefits, people seeking asylum in the U.S. are not barred by having made an illegal entry; for example, sneaked across the U.S. border.
In other words, illegal aliens can apply for asylum and become legal citizens EVEN IF they come here illegally and break our laws. Trump has got to fix that so that immigrants have to come to a proper port of entry to apply for asylum instead of just coming in illegally, and the judges and ninth circuit are being ignorant about this loophole and holding Trump back, thus allowing these loopholes to continue to exist.

When immigrants come here through a port of entry, they can be checked for weapons and diseases to make sure they aren't doing things like smuggling anything in or introducing any foreign microbes that could make us sick. We can't do that if they just come in illegally.

The article also reads:

If you used false documents (such as a fake green card or visa or U.S. passport) or made false statements to a U.S. government official in order to gain entry into the United States, it should not be held against you when applying for asylum if your reason was connected to your flight from persecution.
In other words, not only can illegal aliens quality for asylum even if they bypass the ports of entry, but they can also lie to officials too and get away with it. That too needs to change. People who are trying to "flee persecution" need to at least be honest about it when applying for asylum, and they can simply just read off of a script or memorize a story or something to tell a border agent to trick them into gaining asylum. This also needs to change, especially since many of these people who are claiming to be fleeing persecution have smartphones/gadgets/expensive clothing, and other valuable items, which shows that they aren't as poor as they seem. They can take good care of themselves, and they obviously just want to come here illegally and leech.

Lastly, the article reads:

Fortunately, when you apply for your green card, illegal entry will not pose a problem. The Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) contains no requirement that asylees entered the U.S. lawfully in order to adjust status.
The main requirements for asylees seeking to adjust are that they have been physically present in the U.S. for at least one year after the grant of asylum, continue to meet the definition of a refugee, haven’t resettled in another country, and aren’t inadmissible. (See the federal regulations at 8 C.F.R. Section 1209.2.)
What’s more, U.S. immigration law specifically says that asylees are NOT subject to certain grounds of inadmissibility, including the one found at I.N.A. Section 209(7)(a), which requires other people applying for green cards to be in possession of either a “valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document.”
This means that illegal aliens can exploit our laws and still gain asylum, even if they come in illegally, lie about their past, and overstay their welcome.

Trump is trying to fix these loopholes, but those third parties block him from even doing that.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Christen
From my perspective, it seems that these laws have less to do with containing loopholes but rather you disliking these laws as they are and choosing to assert that they have loopholes rather than having those particular features. For example, continuing from your first quote reads

Huge numbers of past asylum applicants found that entering the U.S. without permission was their only or best way to get to safety and flee the persecution they faced at home.
To me this clearly shows that the author has interpreted the law as being purposefully constructed in order to protect the wellbeing of the greatest number of asylum seekers as possible which is what you'd hope from a law designed to protect asylum seekers. In which case it is a feature and not a loophole.