CNN Dem Debate 2

Author: Imabench

Total: 77
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Missed the other one cause I was out of town and just got back to catch this one and make a thread for it, just gonna record my thoughts and let yall jump in on this if you want to. 

Luckily they burned 30 minutes on intros so I didnt miss much, but once again the Healthcare questions are the ones really filtering out the candidates into different camps. I dont know which candidate only supports medicare expansions and a public option, but whoever they are have my support because I have a fuckton of doubts on Universal Healthcare 
Imabench
Imabench
Biden tying himself to Obamacare is a smart move based on how much Democrats support it, its the safest option to pick. The candidates campaigning on abolishing private healthcare and replacing it with a government program are out of their minds 
Imabench
Imabench
Booker seems a lot more relaxed compared to the last debate. Being clear and articulate rather than straining himself trying to spit out as much as he can in a pre-determined time limit 
Imabench
Imabench
Fuckin missed what Tulsi said + harris's response because my fucking dog started going apeshit over a truck stopping outside

Forgot Bennet was a candidate in the election, but trying to put Harris in the same camp as Warren and Sanders is a risky move since it just puts himself in the camp of the 5 or 6 moderate 'cant do that' candidates who are all immensely forgettable 

Imabench
Imabench
Castro also taking a safe stance by just limiting his response to wanting to get private influence/over reach out of the healthcare system. Obamacare and reigning in 'Big Pharma' are two of the safest healthcare stances to campaign on, wow Castro didnt say much apart from that  

How much speaking time has Harris already got now? This is like the fourth or fifth time she's been asked something yet Andrew Yang hasn't even recieved a question yet 
Imabench
Imabench
Jay Inslee also someone I forgot was even running, but he hit a solid note by talking about the need to expand mental healthcare rather then just healthcare in general  

Yang approaching healthcare from a small-business owner stance is also a solid move that helps him stand out from this fuckin crowded field of candidates. 

De Blasio reminding everyone he's still irrelevant. I swear he's like the older, whiter, more boring version of AOC who decided to run for president. Claiming to want to pull a page from Trumps book in a Democratic debate also not the best strategy to go with 

Imabench
Imabench
Biden sticking to his guns by hyping Obamacare and limiting his plan to just a Public Option. Bringing out his 'Bunch of malarkey' line from his VP debate with Paul Ryan was also pretty slick, crowd seemed to like it. 

Harris: "Your plan (Biden) does nothing to hold back private influence in the healthcare system. Medicare for All."
Biden: "Those behind the opioid crisis should be in jail"

Forgettable line of attack met with a forgettable line of defense. 

Castro getting the first border question is a bit ironic 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
uhh not this spam again
Imabench
Imabench
I dont know why CNN puts time aside to discuss the border because all the Dems are on the same page on this one.... "Trump is a dumbass, separating children from their parents is evil, we are a country built on immigration, lets take the high road"

You could have all the Dem stances on cards and Dem candidates on other cards and you would never be able to match the policy with the candidate because theyre all the same.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Dont you have another debate to lose against someone who forfeited half the rounds because you cant properly format an argument to save your life? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
Oh wow keep comparing me to an experienced debator,
Imabench
Imabench
Castro taking his shot at Biden over his immigration policy by claiming it doesn't go far enough but Biden saves his ass this time by pointing out that crossing the border seeking asylum should be allowed, not crossing the border to illegally immigrate into the country. 

Its nice to see Andrew Yang get actual speaking time since he didnt get any of it in the last debate. Crowd really seems to like him which is weird because the other non-politician in the race (the author lady, Williamson i think) is polling at like -2% 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Im not comparing you to an experienced debater, i'm comparing you to someone who is competent, since there are a number of differences between someone who is competent, and you. 

Look you dont like me, you're not interested in anything that would be posted in here, and I dont think you are worth/capable of having a conversation with, so I'll stick to the one thread I make in a month and you can do whatever you prefer doing elsewhere so that this thread doesnt get off track 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
im not "competent", what a sad sorry excuse, make one or two posts about the debate and leave it at that
Imabench
Imabench
Actually this group may be the best batch to ask questions about immigration.... Booker, Tulsi, Harris, Yang, Castro.... I think this is all of the non-white big-name candidates in the entire Dem field. 

Booker pointing out that Biden invokes Obama so much and that he cant embrace it when he can and dodge it when its opportune for him to do so was smart, but the downside is that Biden's strategy of sticking with Obama when he can and avoiding Obama when he needs to is a safe thing to stick with. Obama had a MASSIVE number of deportations during his administration, it makes sense for Biden to try to distance himself from Obama under that regard because that would separate him from the rest of the field in a super negative light. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Have you considered not stepping into a thread you have absolutely zero intention of contributing to just to bitch and complain over nothing? If you don't want me to target you, don't barge into a thread with the intention of putting a massive target on your head in the first place. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
You have to scratch your head at how rigged the process is when Biden is surrounded by intersectional attackers while Warren got a free pass plus extra speaking time last night.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
I'm a bitch, hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaa
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Oh wow keep comparing me to an experienced debator,
Imabench is interested in the democratic primaries, and writes complete sentences on the fly.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Dude, stop crapping all over the discussion. Please.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
"discussion", no this should qualify as spam, where is supadudz to complain about this one?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Snoopy
Ok?
Imabench
Imabench
Criminal justice reform, this should be interesting. 

Booker really trying to shoot his shot against Biden, referencing the anti-crime bill in the 90's Biden had his name on that really made the mass-incarceration problem as big as it was today. 

Biden returning fire by tying Booker to fuckin Rudy Guiliani of all people and also that 'Stop and Frisk' was implemented in his city while he was mayor was a good counter-broadside, but Booker is really holding his own on this one. The 'Koolaid' remark is def the highlight he's going to have tonight, but he's also staying focused by pointing out how many people are in jail for life because of the bill that Biden bragged about 

Castro pulling off of the broadside of Biden by pitching his own policy proposals and revoking the names of those killed by police

This is getting good now

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
Warren has really gotten shafted on these debates. First time she was surrounded by nobodies, Second time she was with Sanders who they basically held hands with while they shat on all the wannabe top moderate candidates there that night
Imabench
Imabench
Castro taking a MASSIVE shit on De Blasio by pointing out how the cop who killed Eric Gardner is still employed in his city. Holy shit that was a solid attack, that made the Booker-Biden exchange look like a damn rehearsal. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I'm a bitch
No I said you came in here with the intent of complaining and bitching. 

If you want to come out and identify as one though then thats your prerogative, and im happy youre accepting yourself for who you are. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
I'm stating my opinion, salty?
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Of course, there are people who want to talk about the debate going on right now.  
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Snoopy
Ok, but dont spam 6 posts in a row about one word a commie said on that stage
Imabench
Imabench
Man the moderators are really trying to set up conflicts with Biden and the other candidates on the stage. Harris at least twice now, Booker, and Castro all getting easy windups to take, and they even ask Harris about their last fight regarding Biden's apprehension towards federal busing. 10 candidates on stage and CNN just wants to relive old highlights, figures. 

Biden at least looks like he did his homework this time by pointing out how Harris hasn't always been aggressive in fighting how segregated schools have become in her state, but she was Attorney-General at the time, Harris is right that she wouldn't have had that kind of power to change things while Biden was in the Senate.