Pay me to debate

Author: Wylted

Total: 36
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am done debating until Mike pays me. Why should I drive traffic to his site, fucking kill myself spending all my free time studying for a debate and trying to write a perfect debate argument for free. This is bullshit. 

There are many ways to make debating pay. The site is already hosted in some shithole country beyond the reach of the American government to shut it down as a gambling site. We should be able to make live wagers on debates. 

He can put adsense on each debate and we can get paid for how many people we drive to the ads in each of our rounds.

He can. CHarge a membership fee, so that way we can have a large pool of money we can compete over in ladder tournaments. 

There are numerous ways to pay me to debate. Dude needs to get his shit together before he loses everyone here to a site that will pay.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DebateArt.com
Pay me. Jesus christ dude. Why are you making us do this for free. This is basically  slave labor. You are no better than the Jews who enslaved blacks in early America.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
Make a meep about this right now. 
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Wylted
Well, I am slowly building foundation to somewhat similar purpose. My logic is the following:

Ads are bad and in no way are a good option, they irritate people, they get blocked and they don't provide a good income anyway.

Subscriptions are better but then, it will basically make the website unavailable without the payment, also sounds so so.

My idea was to first build a more or less proper website, including creating more new functionality, fixing the existing one, adding a mobile version and so on, and on top of that, add some premium stuff that people could pay for, if they wish. And with that money, we could indeed have tournaments (even maybe video ones, if we have those by the time) with some money prize, like what they had on QallOut. Not even mentioning better hosting, better ads for getting new people, payments for the mods and etc.

So it's a slow process, I know, but it takes time. Just to make a comparison, check out this new website called changeaview.com, their website looks modern, you gotta give them that, but they actually have some investment behind them and the website still barely has any functionality. And here we have a one guy show basically and I manage to release new stuff almost every week, considering that I have a full time job and a bit of life after that, so I also work like a slave for 16$ a month that I can't cover my hosting with...

Also to be honest, debates don't attract that much traffic (at least YET) because I can't generate goddamn backlinks to our website and fix some idiotic Google SEO problems :/
Wylted
Wylted
I am trying to monetize myself, not you. Where did you get that this was about monetizing you? Not my business yours, but since we are on  the subject.  You could replace your full income off the site tomorrow, and start freelancing your coding services until you can move to Germany and make a decent income. Seriously a mere affiliate link to a book store with fair prices would possibly do the trick and it could be very discreet. Some of these nerds read 2 books a week. Again not my business though. You do you. 
Wylted
Wylted
Shit I could get 200 new people here with $20 in Facebook ads targeting groups that debate stuff. It is pointless at the moment though because it accomplishes nothing. Once again I am requesting I be monetized, not you.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Dude, Wylted is just messing with you.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
just ignore this, there is no point 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mharman
I am messing with him a bit, but I honestly have thought of a format where debaters can get paid to do so. It isn't  through a membership fee or anything but it can be done. 
Wylted
Wylted
I would love to work with mike to see it become a reality but you know, often these types of ideals are hard to get anyone on board with, as far as entrepreneurs are concerned
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Also to be honest, debates don't attract that much traffic

Because it's the same old shit, and the top at the leaderboard refuse to debate!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@DebateArt.com
above
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That would change under my system because of the monetary benefits of the literal bounties that the leaders would have all placed on them.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
That would change under my system because of the monetary benefits of the literal bounties that the leaders would have all placed on them.

That's retarded, you debate for fun or stats here, don't expect to get paid
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Above
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
People do a lot of stuff for fun that others get paid for. Under my system the ones seeking monetary gain would get it and those who do it for fun will also get that. Some people play baseball for fun and some people get paid to do it. No different. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Can we afford a system like that?
Wylted
Wylted
I'd like to test out different monetary models side by side. Some sort of blockchain crypto currency tested against something similar to what hub pages does, which is pay you for the amount of views your articles get. It might be possible to do both side by side as well as a hundred different ways to make it work. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The system would have to pay less money than it generates to be sustainable. Unobtrusive ads at the bottom of a debate that gained 10 cents per click for example should pay the debaters 5 cents per click
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
But what has the debators have to do, I have gotten 7 members here including christopher_best here, wheres my paycheck
Wylted
Wylted
Or you know affiliate links. Giving debaters freedom with what affiliate links to choose could have battles where each side argues for the product they are pimping. This would literally be the best review site on the internet if that happened
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You would obviously have to build a big enough reputation that draws people in to read your shit and learn some other marketing skills to make it work. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Yeah I definitely think some sort of network marketing scheme could also work to get people like you paid. Say that get t cents per click, maybe you could make 1 cent for every click they get and start building your online business that way.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Are we could get a 30 million sponsorship for the best debators on the planet to come here

(Ninja)

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I like how you think
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Rip he got banned

But this is dumb, actually don't take what I said seriously
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
Why did Wylted go crazy?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@DebateArt.com
I think DART would gradually go bigger and from this, more people would donate.  Your doing a good job.  Keep up the hard work.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Mharman
Dude, Wylted is just messing with you.
Yeah I realize it, I just thought it would still be a good idea to express my view on such matter.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Alec
I think DART would gradually go bigger and from this, more people would donate.  Your doing a good job.  Keep up the hard work.
Well, I guess there is only one way to find out :) And thank you!