How did Judas die?

Author: disgusted

Total: 57
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
And why doesn't god know the answer?

Matthew 27:5
Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself.
Acts 1:18
Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out.
Since the bible is the word of god why does he tell two different stories about it?

Is your god stupid or confused?
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

Yes, the Bible CONTRADICTS itself, so what? We TRUE Christians like myself accept this fact and move on. Why? Because a life of eternity with Jesus the Christ in heaven far outweighs any biblical contradiction that may present itself within the scriptures, get it?  

“EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

When every word of our Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate is flawless, then both stories of the way Judas died is true! 2+2=4.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
How can your god contradict himself if he is omniscient?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

YOUR QUOTE: "How can your god contradict himself if he is omniscient?"

WOW!  I am amazed that as a Hell bound Atheist, you actually knew that Jesus was omniscient!  “In whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.” (1 John 3:20)

In any event, Jesus can do whatever the Hell He wants, understood?  Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, tests us TRUE Christians at times to see if we're paying attention to His TRUE words within the scriptures, and that I have started topics upon, where my latest one is that we Christians can own slaves, praise!

Furthering your bible ignorance along, this passage comes to the forefront: "For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. (James 1:3) Therefore, Jesus gave us two stories of the way the "Rat Fink" Judas died. It matters not in which way Judas died, but the fact that to become "steadfast" in our faith, our Jesus was obviously "testing" us!  Get it? Huh?  

Upon my demise, and if I go first, I will gain solace in Heaven as I look down upon your Judgment Day as our Jesus pulls the lever to the trap doors of Hell in your behalf, praise Jesus' revenge!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
bahahahahahahaha
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
WOW.
Rubber room cowboy.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@BrotherDThomas
WOW.
That's HATE right there. 

Jesus can do what he wants. Ok, fair enough ill give you that. 
Jesus was Obviously testing.  Alright it was a test.
Jesus pulls the lever to the trap doors to hell.    Jesus wouldn't have a lever trap door.
Proof?

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
You know when you hung your body stretches so your entrails gush out.

Castin
Castin
Hardly the only detail on which the separate gospel accounts conflict.

Hardly the only Judas-related detail, even. One account says Judas was motivated by greed and thirty pieces of silver. Another suggests he was possessed by Satan and Jesus knew it, in which case his reputation as the world's worst traitor seems rather undeserved, and his quick suicide paints a picture of a man who came back to himself after being possessed and couldn't live with what he realized Satan had made him do.

The latter honestly makes more sense to me in the context of the story.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
BroD is an atheist
Castin
Castin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You know when you hung your body stretches so your entrails gush out.
*blink*

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Post 5   
bahahahahahahaha

Post 6
WOW.
Rubber room cowboy.
It doesn't take you too long to run out of argument does it. LOL

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
If you want to take anything written by bt as having meaning be my guest.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
The latter is entirely true once you realise that Judas was a descendent of the Tribe of Judah from the OT and that the OT God is Satan while Jesus is Lucifer.

I am so done pretending this is even 'out there', I can genuinely not see the logic in denying it.

There would be no reason, not one at all, to never once in the entire NT mention the name Lucifer and also never ever refer the the Devil/Satan as Lucifer if in fact Lucifer was that character in the NT Bible. Why was Lucifer not even mentioned once?! Such a prominent antagonist of the OT doesn't even come up once in the entire NT by name? It's because he's very present indeed, under the alias Jesus. Jesus is associated with stars, he brings light. I wonder what Lucifer Morningstar would have to say about that.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Matthew 27:5 Acts 1:18

I am going to have a guess here and suggest that both accounts could be true. 
Account one (1) was the hanging, account two (2)  was the effects of a body hanging for sometime in the hot middle eastern sun. Imagine all that bacteria in the gut stewing for hours maybe days in that heat.

Also, Judas was a thief, the "wages of iniquity"  may not have had anything to do with money he received for the betrayal.  His wages of iniquity probably bought him the field well before the betrayal and before the alleged suicide by  hanging.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
...both accounts could be true. ..alleged suicide...
You seem a bit on the fence on this one...I don't want to have to remind you again that is my job.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
...both accounts could be true. ..alleged suicide...
You seem a bit on the fence on this one...I don't want to have to remind you again that is my job.

To you maybe. But it was just a guess put forward as a probable explanation and nothing more, I do say " I am going to have a GUESS!".  But that said, I believe it would explain away what the sea sponge sees as another Christian New Testament 'gotcha ' moment.  He still may have a case, but I see nothing in the way of reasoning behind his accusation. 

You see the problem with the sea sponge is that he totally lacks the ability to think of all the possible answers before pitching his accusations of biblical contradictions ( of which there are many). This is why within just a few posts he runs out of argument and defaults to form with juvenile idiocy.
 But it is his thread, and he will no doubt derail it soon enough when he is left with only childish idiocy for replies and responses.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
As a general guideline, Matthew and Luke agree when they can follow Mark but diverge on points where Mark is silent.   To me that implies M and L are independent expansions of Mark.   Beyond that observation speculation is all that is possible.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Account one (1) was the hanging, account two (2)  was the effects of a body hanging for sometime in the hot middle eastern sun. Imagine all that bacteria in the gut stewing for hours maybe days in that heat.
Exactly, God doesn't contradict, it's 2+2, Judas hung and then embowelment happened

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You see the problem with the sea sponge is that he totally lacks the ability to think of all the possible answers
You see the problem with the blind man is that he is apologist for the ignorant savages who wrote the bible and lacks the minimal intelligence needed to recognise that only one possibility exists, either one of the stories is a lie or more likely both are. I'm getting tired of dealing with this thing's gross ignorance.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
'gotcha ' moment
bwuahahahaha. A gotcha moment only to you because you're not capable of understanding what is written in your fantasy book. But do keep defending the idiocy that is your bible.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It must be handy writing your own bible and using that bible to defend the real bible.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
congrats on 4000 posts
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
You see the problem with the blind man is that he is apologist for the ignorant savages who wrote the bible.

I am apologising for nothing sea slug. I am simply discussing what you have wrote. You don't like what I have wrote and I don't fkn care. 

ignorant savages who wrote the bible.

And you can  support that claim?

and lacks the minimal intelligence needed to recognise that only one possibility exists,

That obviously is not true. I have already gave a reasonable alternative possibility. You just don't like it. And I don't care

either one of the stories is a lie or more likely both are.

Or both are true as I have explained. You just don't like it that I have come up with an alternative possibility, but I don't fkn care. You should try putting a little thought into your own questions that you intend to create a thread of  before spouting  gobshite. 

I'm getting tired of dealing with this thing's gross ignorance.

No one is forcing you to deal with anything. You could always just fk off the forum altogether and leave those who are capable of discussing this little anigma to do so with reasoned thought and discussion. It is obviously a little too deep for you.

I notice that you have avoided challenging the possibility that I proposed. Why is that? Was it far too sharp for you sea sponge?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
congrats on 4000 posts

Don't encourage the clown. It is very easy to clock that amount of posts up when your sentences consist of one or two words of absolute bollocks and childish idiocy and you chop one response into 3 or more individual  replies as shown above. He believes it make him look ' well intelligent ' , when in truth it simply proves he's a fucking troll out to cause agro and nothing else.  He is a  vile bully and should never have been allowed back onto the forum after receiving so many fkn bans. Maybe Jesus loves him.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
agree
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr. C&P Franklin,

YOUR CONTINUED IGNORANCE QUOTE:  "Exactly, God doesn't contradict, it's 2+2, Judas hung and then embowelment happened"

READ THE TWO JUDAS PASSAGES AGAIN, HELLO?

Matthew 27:5
Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself.
Acts 1:18
Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out.
Now, take off your pointed aluminum foil hat and THINK!  Judas hanged himself in Matthew, THEN, in Acts he fell HEADLONG and burst open for his guts to fall out, GET IT?  The two situations cannot be the same.  To fall HEADLONG is to fall head first, using ones head to dive into something, hardly the case if one fell from a hanging tree. Furthermore, in Acts it DOES NOT say that Judas hung himself, it only says he just dove HEADLONG into his purchased field and his guts fell out!

The sooner you realize that our bible contradicts itself, the sooner you will not be laughed at by TRUE Christians like myself in you trying in vain to rewrite the scriptures, understood?!

Once again, you are blatantly guilty of the following passage: "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."  (Revelation 22:18-19)

You are excused once again in embarrassment.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The author of Revelation did not expect his writings to be appended to the other books of the bible, so his words surely only apply to the book of revelation, not the whole bible!

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
When you get hung and then fall on your head, what's the contradiciction
Stephen
Stephen
The sooner you realize that our bible contradicts itself, the sooner you will not be laughed at by TRUE Christians like myself in you trying in vain to rewrite the scriptures, understood?!

Says the man who doesn't know his Ark from his arse.