Pokemon Mafia DP 3

Author: warren42

Total: 317
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Died in the Night:

GreyParrot: You are Squirtle, a water-type starter Pokemon. You are Vanilla. You can contribute to the town with your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Lynched Last DP:

Disc: You are Shuckle, a bug/rock Pokemon notorious for being relatively weak but having the highest defense stats. As such, it’s very hard to defeat you in battle, making you 1x bulletproof. If you are targeted for death by anything other than the lynch, you will not die the first time. If you are targeted a second time, you will die. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Living Players:
1. Bsh1
3. oromagi
4. mharman
5. Phione
7. Wylted
8. Pie
9. Club
10. Supa
11. Speedrace
12. Water Phoenix

With 10 players alive it takes 6 to lynch
warren42
warren42
I have allowed Wylted to vote via proxy by messaging me, as we currently need two replacements and have none.

VTL Mharman
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@warren42
I just saw this. Are you pinging people?
bsh1
bsh1
My initial reaction is that this NK casts further suspicion on Mhar and Club. I think, if Club were not mafia, having claimed a protective role, he would have been first target, over a claimed vanilla. Then again, the NK does set up the Mhar-Club team nicely, so perhaps it's too neat in a sense. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts, as well as any useful results. Let's not rush as we did DP1.
bsh1
bsh1
Wylted is tentatively in my townpile, as are Speed and Phione. I really need more activity from the latter two, and the first is hard to read in any game. But unless something damning emerges, I don't think they're today's lynches.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
we currently need two replacements and have none.

Ahem...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
ahem...
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Club and I should be cleared.

The NK is specifically designed to make us look like scum.

Given how town almost lynched me last DP, killing Grey only makes us look like scum more. So, why would I kill Grey? It doesn't make any sense. Mafia crealry tried way too hard to make me look like scum.

I think we're dealing with noob scum here.
Mharman
Mharman
Also Club should be cleared even further. Wylted survived his poisoning, and Club claimed Even Day Poison Doctor, and Chancey- his role claim- matches up with it.

This confirms that the poisoner is scum and Club and Wylted are town.
Phione
Debates: 0
Phione
Tinfoil that the Poisoner was fake and Club didnt heal anything

Also I dont think ppl are cleared because a kill would make them more susp lol

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Ok, so I know I've been throwing around theories here about people, I and I was wrong once, but I would like to say who I think the third scum could possibly be...

bsh1

Why? Well, as I said, I used to play Secret Hitler, and usually, the person who is the least suspicious and the most helpful is Hitler, and that person in my opinion has been bsh.

He's avoided any strong claims for or against anybody, and has avoided conflict pretty neatly, and I'd guess he was the grandfather is he is mafia

Now, that doesn't mean we should lynch him, because that would be dumb, since he's done nothing to truly suggest being mafia, but I suggest we keep an eye on him though...

Sorry if it looks like I'm flip flopping a lot lol but that's just my true thoughts
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
What are your reads on 2 of the most inactive members - Supa and WP
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman

Who’re the noobs? Supa and WP. You still need a third and that third would be experienced...unless you think Speed is the 3rd scum
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Why? Well, as I said, I used to play Secret Hitler, and usually, the person who is the least suspicious and the most helpful is Hitler, and that person in my opinion has been bsh.
In Secret Hitler it’s the meta to play Lib policies till you can get a triangle and get elected. Just like that here town meta is to help town - there will always be doubt to if they are mafia just like a Secret Hitler game and Hitler. Normally we reconsider stuff at HZ which would be equivalent to 5-3 here since if wrong person is chosen to be lynched the game is over

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Given how town almost lynched me last DP, killing Grey only makes us look like scum more. So, why would I kill Grey? It doesn't make any sense. Mafia crealry tried way too hard to make me look like scum.

So you think scum were on Disc’s wagon correct? If so which of them are scum?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah I get that 

I’m gonna read up on everyone’s else’s so far including noobs and get back to y’all
Speedrace
Speedrace
Serious question though, why is it that no one has tried to step forward as the Cop? I understand that you don't want to get targeted, but at least give some hint on some people. Both Mharman and Club should've been investigated by now.

I think that one of the inactive people are Cop, just because it's ridiculous that no one would've been investigated

Also, I think everyone should go ahead and claim their character roles if possible...

I'm Tropius (Vanilla town)
Speedrace
Speedrace
Still nervous about Pie, I read up on bsh and I'm suspicious but severely less so, he's said some good stuff, I think Pie would be my choice right now just from hammering
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Speedrace
What makes you think there's a cop in this game?

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Mharman
Why wouldn't their be :'(

Like seriously though, everyone's Vanilla? I doubt that because only three people (me, Wylted, Grey) have claimed, plus Disc not claiming until the lynch

Bsh must be something, also, what's your role? More people should be claiming if we were actually all vanilla
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
I think this is a plausible explanation of the NK. The Grey NK could be a heavy-handed effort by scum to set-up a lynch on you or Club. Alternatively, it could be a ploy by you and Club to make you look like you were set up. You certainly used your very first post in the DP to make the case for your innocence on the basis of the NK.

Ultimately, then, I think the NK offers us two plausible narratives: noob scum or Mhar/Club scum. I think it is time to begin to pressure inactives for activity, and to continue to consider the possibility of an Mhar-Club team.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
@Phione
Tinfoil that the Poisoner was fake and Club didnt heal anything
Why would the mod announce poisoner then? Now that I think about it, why isn't Club role-confirmed? He certainly wasn't CC'd. And if he isn't role-confirmed, why shouldn't we consider him town-confirmed? Occam's Razor might suggest that Club is town. His play in the DP certainly hasn't been pro-town, but that's true of many less able/experience players who turn out to be townies.

Ok, so I know I've been throwing around theories here about people, I and I was wrong once, but I would like to say who I think the third scum could possibly be...

bsh1
I think your analysis here is a good effort at scumhunting, and more reason to townread you. Obviously, I know I am not scum, so I can rule myself out, but I think it's good to ensure that no one is flying below the radar. I do disagree that I haven't had strong opinions; last DP, I repeatedly advocated lynching Mhar both for POE reasons and for behavioral reasons. Certainly, it was clearly the case that Mhar and Club were at the top of my scum list last DP. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
Yeah, I just didn't read any of it, after I made that post I went and read your stuff and saw that you had posted quite a bit, I'm trying to consider everybody, but you're definitely not getting lynched anytime soon lol
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ILikePie5
What are your reads on 2 of the most inactive members - Supa and WP
I don't have reads on them precisely because they haven't given me enough material to develop reads with. I also find Phione's tinfoil hat comment problematic, so I'll move them back to null.

Let's see if we can't pressure Water for a claim and activity. VTL Water. We need to get inactives posting more if we're going to get anywhere this DP, I think.

Speedrace
Speedrace
Mharman and Pie are the people for me this DP, I hate Pie's tunneling on Club, but a Mharman lynch would also give us a lot of information
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Serious question though, why is it that no one has tried to step forward as the Cop? 
Good question. The cop doesn't want to get targeted, you're right. They may have breadcrumbed their reads in the DP, but that might not be obvious to us until they die and we can go back through their posts to search for those breadcrumbs. Usually, a cop only claims cop when the cop has a guilty result. Some cops won't even out then, preferring to breadcrumb even those, but I find that strategy counterproductive.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Shameless Self Promo

Y'all should join my MCU themed game after this one ends, it's gonna be lit :D

Now back to killing and avoiding being killed
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Bsh must be something, also, what's your role? More people should be claiming if we were actually all vanilla
I will claim when I see some utility to doing so, and not before. I did soft claim earlier, and unless I perceive that utility or town wants that information, I am disinclined to provide it. Too many claims helps mafia construct their own fake claims.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Yeah, Pie is in my scumpile. It's not so much that he hammered, it's that he tunneled. He was overeager to secure the lynch of the likely (and then claimed) poison doctor, which does not strike me as pro-town at all.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
What information do you think we'd get from an Mhar lynch?