Why Christianity is a failure and Christians in denial

Author: Harikrish

Total: 74
Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
Why Christianity is a failure and Christians in denial?

Jesus never claimed he was God. He said he was sent by God to save the Jews. But we know that failed. Jesus said he would return 2000 years ago. But that never happened.
During his life on earth Jesus was called a liar and a lunatic.
1. Liar.
John 10:33 "We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God."

2. Lunatic.0
Mark 3:21 When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, "He is out of His mind."

John 10:20 Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and insane. Why would you listen to Him?"

3. They demanded Jesus be crucified.
Luke 23:21 but they kept shouting, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!"

4. The Romans crucified Jesus.
John 19:23 When they crucified him, the Roman soldiers took his clothes and divided them up four ways, to each soldier a fourth. But his robe was seamless, a single piece of weaving ...

5. Even Jesus blamed God for forsaking him on the cross.
Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

6. Jesus's call to his disciples failed too. No one followed Jesus or joined him in his crucifixion. Therefore no one was saved or worthy of Jesus.
Matthew 10:38 and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.

7. His discipiles all tried to save their own lives and did not want to lose it for Jesus.
Luke 17:33 Whoever tries to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will preserve it.

8. The one time offer for salvation ended with Jesus. Jesus has not returned to make a similar offer to future generations. But God has sent another prophet Mohammad in his place.

9. Jesus spoke to his generation. Repeating his words does not carry the same promise. His promise ended on the cross.
Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

10. Even the Pope declared the cross was a failure of God.

Pope Francis said during his whirlwind U.S. tour. "And if at times <ins><strong>OUR EFFORTS AND WORKS SEEM TO FAIL AND PRODUCE NO FRUIT, we need to REMEMBERthat <ins><strong>WE ARE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS ... and <ins><strong>His LIFE</strong></ins>, humanly speaking, ENDED IN FAILURE, THE FAILURE OF THE CROSS"

When you don"t understand something, when desperation hits you then look at the <ins><strong>CROSS. THAT IS THE GREAT FAILURE OF GOD, THAT IS THE DESTRUCTION OF GOD, AND IT'S A CHALLENGE TO OUR FAITH

If there is no resurrection of Jesus then Jesus did not die for anyone's sins on the cross. Dattaswami said Jesus was saved by his disciples and smuggled to India where he lived to 85 years in Kashmir.
Dattaswami believes Jesus's resurrection never happened.
Reply: Bhavishya purana"

Dattaswami wrote: When Jesus was crucified based on simple emotional slogans. His death was not justified and therefore He rose and walked out. When the soldier was leaving finally, He pierced the stomach of Jesus with his weapon. Then blood came out. Blood will not come out from dead body. Jesus was alive and He was brought down by His disciples. Then He was kept in the cave. He knew the protection of His life. He walked into India and met the king Salivahana and talked with him. His conversation was recorded in "Bhavishaya Purana" of Vyasa. This scripture speaks about the future. Vyasa wrote this long back.

The verse in scripture is "Esa Putram Cha Mam Viddhi, Kumari Garbha Sambhavam, Mlechcha Dharmasya Vaktaram"', Which means "I am the son of the father of heaven. I was born to unmarried girl. I preached spirituality to Muslims. ' Thus spoke Jesus to Salivahana. He stayed in India till He attained the age of eighty-five years and died in Kashmir. You can find the buried tomb of Jesus there even today. On the tomb it is written "Jesus" in Hebrew language.

Jesus disappeared from home at the age of 16 years. He returned at the age of 30 years. He was crucified in 32nd year. From 16th year He was in Himalayas in the association of several sages. He was a good Sanskrit scholar. He studied all the Hindu philosophy and this is the reason why the Christian and Hindu philosophies are almost similar in concepts.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
yikes!
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Super bigot manifesto. 
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

Harikrish,

WOW!  You are testing my faith in Jesus, as if what I have proposed regarding my Jesus being a serial killer wasn't enough, you come forth with more discomforting notions about Him.  I feel the ice cracking beneath me relative to my faith, but I still need to TRY and believe in TRUE Christianity, even though our leader, Jesus the Christ, is shown in such a factual bad way. Whew!

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@bsh1
Why did Harkish get banned?
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Alec
I am not going to comment on the reasons for his ban. I will refer you instead to the site ban log.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Actually this was a seriously accurate post, I don't see the issue with it.
GuitarSlinger
Debates: 15
GuitarSlinger
To actually state that "Jesus never did _________" is pretty presumptuous.  It assumes that totality of what Jesus said and did is contained in the Bible.  This is a preposterous notion.  That's like saying "George Washington never stood on one leg", simply because there is no written account of him doing such a thing.  For all we know, good ol' George could have very well stood on one leg at some point in his life.  Just because there is no written account of him doing so doesn't mean we can definitively say that he never did it.  

Plus, the Bible actually says that not all the things Jesus said and did are contained in the Bible....

I find it very interesting that he uses the Bible to support his claims, but probably ignores other parts of the Bible that counter his claims.  Very telling indeed.  

He states Jesus never said he was God.  But then his very first point he states that people said that Jesus declared himself to be God.  (that is why they are stoning Him, right?)

1.  His own Biblical reference nullifies his statement "Jesus never said he was God."  Also, just because someone calls someone a liar, doesn't necessarily make them a liar.  I've called people liar's before, only to have eat crow later because I was mistaken.  

2.  See  #1.  Just because someone calls someone else crazy or a lunatic, doesn't necessarily make it so.  

3.  This doesn't say anything about him being a liar or lunatic.  THis just proves that some people wanted Jesus did.  

4.  See #3.

5.  Um, no Jesus wasn't "blaming God".  The "my God my God why have you forsaken me" are actually the first words of Psalm 22.  Jesus, a Devout Jew, was actually reciting Scripture, and all Devout Jews of the day would have recognized and understood this.  You should actualy read the entirety of the Psalm-- it might actually change your mind.

6.  Eh, no.  The call of the disciples did not end at the Crucifixion.  Many of the disciples did indeed take up their respective crosses and followed him, often to gruesome deaths (beheaded, fileted, skinned, and crucified upside down).

7.   See 6.

8.  eh, it's not a one-time offer.  It's an offer that is open to all until His return (refer to John 3:16 for starters)

9.  Eh, no.  Jesus tells his disciples "whoever hears you hears me".  This alone shows that Jesus continues to speak to us. Regarding "Eli, Eli lema sabachthani", see #5 above.

10.  This qualifier, "humanly speaking", tells the listener (or reader) that the statement is only an apparent, not an actual, description of affairs.
Pope Francis means that from a superficial, human point of view, Jesus’ death might look like he was a failure, but, from God’s perspective, this was not so. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@bsh1
I am not going to comment on the reasons for his ban. I will refer you instead to the site ban log..
.... where no reason is given either.

It's rather hard to judge the fairness of the ban, bsh1.   Justice has not only to be done but seen to be done, they say.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@RationalMadman
@keithprosser
@Alec
@BrotherDThomas
Thank you all for your support. I still don't know why I was banned. But it's nice to be back among friends.

Harikrish.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@GuitarSlinger
To actually state that "Jesus never did _________" is pretty presumptuous.  It assumes that totality of what Jesus said and did is contained in the Bible.  This is a preposterous notion.  That's like saying "George Washington never stood on one leg", simply because there is no written account of him doing such a thing.  For all we know, good ol' George could have very well stood on one leg at some point in his life.  Just because there is no written account of him doing so doesn't mean we can definitively say that he never did it. 

But we are certain what is written portrays Jesus as a blasphemous liar and a lunatic for which he was crucified. Jesus was crucified by the Romans is an agreed fact.
Plus, the Bible actually says that not all the things Jesus said and did are contained in the Bible....

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name

John tells us what was written was supposed to convince us to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. so what was left out were the embarrassing parts of Jesus that would have changed our minds forever and cause us to reject Jesus.
But Jesus was rejected by the Jews who lived during his time and heard Jesus in his entirety. They were not fooled by his fake miracles, blasphemous lies and claims. Jesus did not meet the requirements of the promised messiah.
Even John the Baptist question Jesus about his authenticity .

Luke 7:19 So John called two of his disciples and sent them to ask the Lord, "Are You the One who was to come, or should we look for someone else?"
I find it very interesting that he uses the Bible to support his claims, but probably ignores other parts of the Bible that counter his claims.  Very telling indeed. 

This is why there are some 30,000 Christian denominations. Each try to deal with the Bble contradictions differently. But no one can argue with the conclusion. Jesus was crucified for his blasphemous lies and lunacy. The cross is the symbol of the crucifixion.

My first statement begins with Jesus never claimed he was God. (How, Why))
Jesus said he was sent by God to save the Jews. That's not a contradiction.
See Matthew 15: 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
So Jesus was sent by God. He was not God. He was taking orders from God.
He states Jesus never said he was God.  But then his very first point he states that people said that Jesus declared himself to be God.  (that is why they are stoning Him, right?)

Jesus did not start by claiming he was God. He said he was sent by the Father. Then quickly he slipped in the line he and the father are one implying he was equal to God.
John 10:25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father"s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand. 30 " I and the Father are one." 

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"

33 "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Even Jesus did not know his own slip of the tongue. He was surprised they were attacking him for his good works when they were actually accusing him of Blasphemy.
But the conclusion proves Jesus was not God. Jesus had to escape to save his life. Hardly a godly act. Jesus was a coward too.

Continued...
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@GuitarSlinger
1.  His own Biblical reference nullifies his statement "Jesus never said he was God."  Also, just because someone calls someone a liar, doesn't necessarily make them a liar.  I've called people liar's before, only to have eat crow later because I was mistaken. 

How about Christians eating their sins because they are mistaken about Jesus.

If Jesus was on the side of truth he would have stood by his claims. Instead we see he fled to escape for his life when he was questioned and accused of blasphemous lies.
No Jew would have stoned his God. No God would be afraid of a Jew trying to stone him. My conclusion is backed by scriptures. Jesus was a blasphemous liar and knew he was lying.

2.  See  #1.  Just because someone calls someone else crazy or a lunatic, doesn't necessarily make it so. 

But they were not just someone. They were his family and people who heard Jesus speak. That's a lot more closer than Christians are who know only from hearsay about Jesus who died 2000 years ago.
3.  This doesn't say anything about him being a liar or lunatic.  THis just proves that some people wanted Jesus did. 

Blasphemy was punishable by death in Jewish law. The people demanded Jesus be crucified.
Luke 23:21 but they kept shouting, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!"

Romans crucified Jesus.
John 19:23 When they crucified him, the Roman soldiers took his clothes and divided them up four ways, to each soldier a fourth. But his robe was seamless, a single piece of weaving ...
4.  See #3.

Jesus was crucified. Catholics still carry the crucifix as a reminder the Romans crucified Jesus by nailing him to a wooden cross.
5.  Um, no Jesus wasn't "blaming God".  The "my God my God why have you forsaken me" are actually the first words of Psalm 22.  Jesus, a Devout Jew, was actually reciting Scripture, and all Devout Jews of the day would have recognized and understood this.  You should actualy read the entirety of the Psalm-- it might actually change your mind.

Psalms 22 is a lamentation. A lamentation is a complaint to God. Jesus was in deep pain and suffering. He could have picked a better Psalm to quote if he was intending to praise God.
Let's not forget the facts Jesus believed he was picked and sent by God to save the Jews gHod's chosen people. Here he was suffering under Roman crucifixion. Helpless and lost.

6.  Eh, no.  The call of the disciples did not end at the Crucifixion.  Many of the disciples did indeed take up their respective crosses and followed him, often to gruesome deaths (beheaded, fileted, skinned, and crucified upside down).

Jesus was dead and gone. The disciples were following their own morbid ambition. Same justification seen in Christians today.
Luke 9:46 Then an argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@GuitarSlinger
7.   See 6.

Peter lied about Jesus and judas betrayed Jesus. Jesus was betrayed by God and his own disciples. Proves Jesus was a poor judge of people. We see the same poor judgement in Christians. They would rather kiss a dead piece of wood than a Muslim.,
8.  eh, it's not a one-time offer.  It's an offer that is open to all until His return (refer to John 3:16 for starters)

John 3:16 is not the words of Jesus. John tried to make Jesus a God and his Gospel went beyond the other Gospels in declaring Jesus's divinity. It was the last Gospel written and not corroborated by the other Gospels.
The prophesies in the Old Testament was about God sending a messiah a deliverer to save the Jews. There was never a mention the messiah would be God himself. This is why the Jews reject Jesus because he was a blasphemous liar and a lunatic. They also reject the New Testament which departed from the strict supervision of the Jewish scribes.
9.  Eh, no.  Jesus tells his disciples "whoever hears you hears me".  This alone shows that Jesus continues to speak to us. Regarding "Eli, Eli lema sabachthani", see #5 above.

Jesus spoke to his generation. Repeating his words does not carry the same promise. His promise ended on the cross.

Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice,, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"
10.  This qualifier, "humanly speaking", tells the listener (or reader) that the statement is only an apparent, not an actual, description of affairs.
Pope Francis means that from a superficial, human point of view, Jesus’ death might look like he was a failure, but, from God’s perspective, this was not so.

The entire New Testament is about Jesus in the flesh. Moses promised a prophet like him would come. The Jews were promised a Messiah, a deliverer. Nowhere did it say the Messiah would be God himself.
The Pope could only address the human aspects of the promised Messiah. The mission was a failure, the Romans destroyed the temple, Jerusalem and slaughtered the Jews after they crucified their messiah. If the Pope wanted to give God's perspective he would have done so. but even here he declared the cross the great failure of God.

jesus was crucified and not sacrificed. Human sacrifice was banned by God.Turning Jesus's crucifixion into a sacrifice is itself  blasphemy. Jesus died for his own sinns. Blasphemy was a sin punishable by death. If he was just a lunatic he might have been spared.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dattaswami wrote: 

Oh the irony :)
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
Above
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Try to put your thoughts together before posting. You are all over the place like some impatient scatterbrain.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
Prove it
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Try to put your thoughts together before posting. You are all over the place like some impatient scatterbrain..

Prove it

You confessed you suffer crippling depressions.

Causes of selective hearing post#8
Franklin wrote: I have a crippling depression.

A  crippling depression. Some people call it ADHD," "scatter brain," or "brain fog." It shows in your posting both the crippling depression and scatterbrained posts.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
That was a joke and why do you call me a scatterbrain?
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That was a joke and why do you call me a scatterbrain?
Crippling depressions like yours make you  forget things  and you become very forgetful and scatterbrained.
It's cause and effect.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
I dont have depression
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
I dont have depression
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I don't have depression
You said you have a crippling depression on DDO. I have your confession.

Title: Causes of selective hearing post#8

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
That was a joke
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That was a joke
Sure, every time you are exposed you treat it like a joke. You tried to do the same with your plagiarized posts as well. You are too poorly educated to participate in an intelligent discussion.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
It is though
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It is though
You just admitted you are scatterbrained a result of your crippling depression. So your confessions are to be taken seriously. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
So where is my confession>?
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
So where is my confession?

More proof you are scatterbrained and suffer from a crippling depression.

You confessed you suffer crippling depressions, remember?

Causes of selective hearing post#8

It can be found on page one post# 23
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
No, my other confession :)