Should the US annex South Korea?

Author: Alec

Total: 27
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
I would say yes for the following reasons:

1: It reduces the amount of military spending the US has to do to South Korea because North Korea and China would be too scared to fight against a US territory.  The US already spends a lot on South Korea.  If South Korea were made part of the US, it would scare North Korea to not attack South Korea.

2: It increases the US GDP, which would be helpful in staying ahead of China.

3: South Korea would probably vote GOP due to their bad experiences with communism.  To make it fair to the democrats, every US territory would become a state along with part of South Korea.

4: It doesn't have to be militarily obtained.  The US can simply tell South Korea to join the US or the US would cease all military funding to the place.  South Korea then would join the US in order to keep their military funding.  The US should stop giving foreign aid to places where we get nothing in return.

Thoughts?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Alex always wants to take over every place he hates the people. Guess we can Koreans to your list of those you think you are better than. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Alex always wants to take over every place he hates the people.
When did I say that?

Guess we can Koreans to your list of those you think you are better than. 
When did I say that?  I posted my reasons above.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
You've given reasons why South Korea would/US should. Have you considered any of the reasons why South Korea would not/US should not?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
US shouldn't take over south Korea cause that is racist.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Greyparrot
Kinda, Korean is considered a race
Alec
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
It's not racist.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
South Koreans helped us in Vietnam, and in the War on Terror.  They are a great ally, and we should be sending our best there.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I would absolutely love for such a fucking arrogant nation to try and annex South Korea who know how to properly fuck you up. South Korea is top of almost all strategy games online, you'd be fucking annihilated when China inevitably sides with SK and Japan would defy the alliance with US which they were blackmailed into post-ww2. Holy fuck would your nation finally learn what the fuck real strategy and dominance is. I'd fucking love to see the humiliation twenty times worse than how you lost to Vietnam with your tail between your legs.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
They'd spy on all American Samsung users and China same with Huawei, hahaha your PS Is Sony which Japan would help them with.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Oh and the entire middle East would bow on the fucking ground handing all weapons go SK saying "please defeat those shithead Americans who came and fucked our Iraq and Afghanistan!"
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
He's right you know.  Its not enough to stack commies on top of one another tenfold.  You don't have your priorities straight.  If your values suck, the heart of the nations on both sides won't respect you and whatever great men might have stood for.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Snoopy
South Koreans helped us in Vietnam, and in the War on Terror.

The Vietnam war was a failure.  The War on Terror has generated more terror then it was designed to prevent.  ISIS killed 10,000 people.  America killed 10,000 people.  Normally I don't like siding with the left, but wars kill many innocents and they cost a lot of money that could be used to fix our debt.

They are a great ally, and we should be sending our best there.
What do we get from helping out South Korea?

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
I think if they had more natural resources it would be beneficial but they don't if I am correct that they do not have too much natural resources. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

This was released just a couple of days ago, do not underestimate SK's army!
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
The Vietnam war was a failure.  The War on Terror has generated more terror then it was designed to prevent.  ISIS killed 10,000 people.  America killed 10,000 people.  Normally I don't like siding with the left, but wars kill many innocents and they cost a lot of money that could be used to fix our debt.
They have respect for Americans, common interests, and sacrificed like we did against the odds in unpopular conflicts. 

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Alec
10,000 WTF? Your abacus is broke.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
These are the thoughts of a not very bright child.
Alec
Alec
We can annex South Korea without firing a single shot.  Just threaten to take away military spending.  South Korea's military spending is $42 billion, about 1/5 that of Chinas.  Meaning that if the US does this, South Korea will either become part of the US or part of NK.  I think the South Koreans would pick the US over NK.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

Alec I think you're the perfect example of right wing media having misleading headlines and brainwashing you.

SK is offering to pay US for more weapons and military personnel as well as perhaps Intel. They are not being paid by US for their own military to keep up.
Alec
Alec
The US spends over $1 Billion on South Korea every year.  We have been helping them for about 70 years.  We need to either get something in return for that money, or cease the funding.  I think them giving us their sovereignty is a good way to deter aggression.  I don't want to fund an ally that gives us nothing in return.

Alec I think you're the perfect example of right wing media having misleading headlines and brainwashing you.
The right wants to increase military presence.  I think it's too expensive and we have a debt to focus on.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Alec, you don't seem to understand how diplomacy works. You should read up more on it. SK sells to the US that's why you're seeing money from the US to SK. There's no free money lended. US has one of the biggest debts worldwide of not the single biggest. US owes SK overall at the moment due to tariff reductions etc.
Alec
Alec
Can you provide evidence for your claim?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Okay, you give evidence of the money US is giving SK. You will then realise it's referring to money spent by US when trading with SK.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
What do the other kiddies in your kindy think of your plans?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
No. We don't to annex land like Putin

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Alec is a strong imperialist