Pokemon Mafia DP4

Author: warren42

Total: 180
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Lynched Last DP

Mharman: You are Eevee, a Pokemon known for its unique ability to evolve into a variety of different evolutions depending on certain circumstances. As a result, you are the Universal Backup. You will start the game as vanilla but will inherit the first power role to die. You will be able to use the role the phase after it dies. (For example, if a cop is in the game and dies N1, you can use it N2. If they are lynched D2, you can use it N2, etc.) You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Died in the Night

Supa: You are Seviper, a poison-type snake Pokemon. As a result, you are the odd-night town Poisoner. On odd nights (N1, 3, 5, etc) you can choose to poison a target. This will be announced at the beginning of the day phase. The target will die at the same time as the lynch. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Graveyard:
Mharman: UB
Supa: Town odd-night poisoner
Disc: 1x BP
Grey: Vanilla

Club was poisoned! He will die at the end of day.

The day will end in 72 hours at 6:00 PM EST on Sunday.

Living Players:
1. Bsh1
3. oromagi
5. Phione
7. Wylted
8. Pie
9. Club
11. Speedrace
12. Water Phoenix

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
@Club
@Phione
Hey
warren42
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Hey
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
I soft-claimed on DP1. My soft-claim clue was "alhcihasapcif." These are the first letters of the sentence: "A leafy hood covers its head and shoulders, and partially covers its face." This sentence is located in wiki the entry of my character: Decidueye. I am vanilla. 

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Just to clarify, Supa cannot fake poison?
warren42
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
Supa can't do anything, as he's dead. ;)

But no, he was not able to fake poison.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I’m skeptical

Why would you wait so long to announce just being vanilla? That makes absolutely no sense

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Lol ok thanks
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
Seviper is one of my favorites. Nice choice.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Club
If you’re so real, heal oromagi :)
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Club
If you’re so real, heal oromagi :)
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Why would you wait so long to announce just being vanilla? That makes absolutely no sense
Why not? Mafia benefits from having more information; by keeping some claims unknown until later, mafia is forced to ask itself "is that a power role," "is that player's role dangerous"? Not only that, but it's better for vanilla's like myself to be NK'd that, say, a cop. If mafia doesn't know I am vanilla, they're more likely to NK me instead of someone more valuable. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
@Club
Oro wasn't poisoned. Club was, according to the OP.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
But why go with that weird soft claim? You obviously knew know one would know what it meant, so there was no reason to do that in the first place.

And, why not keep it a secret now? We still have power roles in play and it would’ve been better for an NK on you than anyone else.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Think about it like this: if only PR and mafia waited to claim, mafia could know, in effect, who the power roles were by just waiting to see who hadn't claimed yet. You can also look at my past games on DART, where I was town and in which I consistently refused to claim until later in the game.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I know, I mean to confirm oromagi as psychic and Club as Doctor town

Of course, that means that Club would die
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I’ll kindly do that if you’d be so nice as to provide some links to those games
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
But why go with that weird soft claim? You obviously knew know one would know what it meant, so there was no reason to do that in the first place.
That's kind of the point. No one knew what it meant, but once you knew what it meant, it was pretty definitive in retrospect. I did the same thing in this game where I was town and this game where I was town.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
Yet you’re smart enough to turn that to work in your favor as mafia

Not gonna lynch you, just saying that you’re making me nervous lol

bsh1
bsh1
The existence of a town poisoner who was inactive strongly suggests the existence of a mafia poisoner, if only because I doubt Supa would have submitted any actions. Two poisoners would verify Club's even-day claim, as if we didn't need more evidence that Club was town. So, it looks to me as if there is probably a mafia poisoner out there.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Not gonna lynch you, just saying that you’re making me nervous lol
At this stage, everyone is gonna make everyone nervous. There's about a 40% chance that any given player is scum.

I think we can agree though that Club is not scum, and I don't think you or Wylted are either. Ruling out the three of us, I have the following list of names:

Oro
Phione
Pie
Club
Water

If I am right, and all three scum are somewhere in that list, we have a 60% chance of lynching correctly this DP. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
I soft-claimed on DP1. My soft-claim clue was "alhcihasapcif."

I always wondered how you did that lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
The existence of a town poisoner who was inactive strongly suggests the existence of a mafia poisoner, if only because I doubt Supa would have submitted any actions. Two poisoners would verify Club's even-day claim, as if we didn't need more evidence that Club was town. So, it looks to me as if there is probably a mafia poisoner out there.

Why would Supa not have submitted any night actions. He was online 3 hours ago making him more than capable of submitting a night action. The town poisoner is essentially a vigilante role in this scenario. We don’t know if Supa was one to Poison Wylted NP1 or Club NP3. Either way Club is not the lynch today - dude’s scum and he’s dead at the end of the DP. 

Imma reread DPs and see what I can find.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
I think we can agree though that Club is not scum, and I don't think you or Wylted are either. Ruling out the three of us, I have the following list of names:

Oro
Phione
Pie
Club
Water

If I am right, and all three scum are somewhere in that list, we have a 60% chance of lynching correctly this DP. 

Remove Club and me and we have 66% chance of choosing correct scum.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ILikePie5
Remove Club 
Whoops! But I am not removing you.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ILikePie5
Why would Supa not have submitted any night actions. 
Because he hasn't show any engagement in the game whatsoever. Even if he were online, he seemed to be ignoring this game entirely. Obviously, he wasn't not posting because he was mafia trying to lay low or because he was a confused noob. So, I think the only explanation that fits was that he just wasn't playing.
bsh1
bsh1
I am going to log off. I'll be back this evening.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I think that mafia has some kind of investigative role too

Think about it, night one likely NK Disc who was bulletproof, then grey, then Supa

So odd days they can investigate?

I highly doubt all that they’re have is a poisoner
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
Because he hasn't show any engagement in the game whatsoever. Even if he were online, he seemed to be ignoring this game entirely. Obviously, he wasn't not posting because he was mafia trying to lay low or because he was a confused noob. So, I think the only explanation that fits was that he just wasn't playing.

Or he was trying to lay low and not be killed since he had a powerful role lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
Whoops! But I am not removing you.

Big F bro. My role makes perfect sense with Supa’s Role.