Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Your reasons for liking black has evolved. Does that mean you weren't you in the past?

If a full capacity you is you. What were you in the past?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
No you're not.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Your reasons for liking black has evolved. Does that mean you weren't you in the past?
They've evolved with knowledge of more things... each reason has just been added to, not deleted... The theme has remained the same; that might be a better word.   

If a full capacity you is you. What were you in the past?
I've never not been at full capacity per se... except for ages that i can't remember. That was my point, i don't know what these off cases would do since i don't remember / i wouldn't remember if i had say dementia or something... but would the theme change if i saw the color black? Idk... it hasn't happened so i wouldn't be able to know the answer to that. I suspect more than not the theme wouldn't change... but i can't know that for obvious reasons.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You got your past and present tenses mixed up.

The past and the future do not exist other than as brain derived reference points. Essentially you are only you, now.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@zedvictor4
Essentially you are only you, now.
What I wanted from this topic was to see if that was going to be challenged. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
They've evolved with knowledge of more things... each reason has just been added to, not deleted...
I know that but would you consider your past self lesser than the person who you are now?
I suspect more than not the theme wouldn't change... but i can't know that for obvious reasons. 
I'll stick to your other response since I don't think this is going to go anywhere. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I know that but would you consider your past self lesser than the person who you are now?
What do you mean by "lesser"? In regards to what we've been discussing so far, especially around the favorite color thing... no, the theme/reasons have remained exactly the same throughout the years. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
What do you mean by "lesser"?
Since you knew less.
Do you consider yourself lesser in the past?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Since you knew less.
Do you consider yourself lesser in the past?
I knew less, but i wouldn't consider myself lesser in regards to this topic. Say i like the color black bc it rebelled against the other colors in my eyes and most other kids were afraid of it; then i learned of bands like Marilyn Manson later bc of that same rebellious/dark/scary side to them... the theme/my reasons are the same, i just learned about the bands later. Who i am is gravitating towards these things, that part is consistent... so i wouldn't call that part lesser. I would call that part the only part that's been consistent throughout the years.  
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
I knew less, but i wouldn't consider myself lesser in regards to this topic
Wait what?

Knowing less means you knew less then your past self. That is the definition of lesser.
I would call that part the only part that's been consistent throughout the years.  
If you are consistent in your like for black when you are knowing more information. You are not being consistent for your like for black because you just increased your knowledge or whenever you did it. Now you can change this statement to every so often I have consistently improved my knowledge on black. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
What I am is none of your business if you mean the 'real me' beneath it all. That's something only I and reality itself (or god herself) will ever truly know. Even lovers never truly know the 'them within them' of their partner(s). It is impossible to ever fully 100% empathise with someone else, the reason is very simple; you're not them.

This all being said, I am a heavy support of Taoist mentality on this. Some things are not worth worrying about. We're part of a reality and who the 'me' is or what exactly makes 'good' be good are ultimately things not worth looking into; it's philosophy gone too far for one's own mental wellbeing. Some things just are, that's life.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheRealNihilist
RM--What I am is none of your business if you mean the 'real me' beneath it all.
There is no "beneath it all"  you.

Somtimes we yawn when we see other yawning sometimes not.  Empathy is complicated. Humans are complicated with woman { Xx } being more complex than man { Xy } numerically and synertically.

Some things just are, that's life.
All things 'Are'  not "just are".

Universe 'Is', not just is.

You { we } were Are you in the past may be Are you in the future, even if you{ we } 'Are' dead or we 'Are' dead.

1) Conscious { ? } time

<<< Past <<< Out <<< ( *  i  * ) <<< In <<< Future

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

2) Arrow-of-time is in the opposite direction

>>> Past >>> Out >>> ( *  i  * ) >>> In >>> Future

The past self is generally speaking a lesser self tho weight/mass can change as can what metaphyiscal-1, mind/intellect/concepts are accessible and those that are not because of brain issues.

The question becomes is Universe ever more or less complex over etrernity of time?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
Equally complex is the answer I would give.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@RM

What I am is none of your business if you mean the 'real me' beneath it all. 
If you didn't want to actually give me a concrete answer why are you even here at all?
It is impossible to ever fully 100% empathise with someone else, the reason is very simple; you're not them.
Was I supposed to disagree with this?
it's philosophy gone too far for one's own mental wellbeing. Some things just are, that's life.
That is your perspective. My perspective is that it hasn't gone far enough nor do I think it can go far enough for me to be satisfied. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@ebuc
There is no "beneath it all"  you.
No concrete answer. Thanks again for telling me again.
Somtimes we yawn when we see other yawning sometimes not.  Empathy is complicated. Humans are complicated with woman { Xx } being more complex than man { Xy } numerically and synertically. 
Was I supposed to disagree with this? Don't know about the part after empathy if you are right or not.
All things 'Are'  not "just are".

Universe 'Is', not just is.

You { we } were Are you in the past may be Are you in the future, even if you{ we } 'Are' dead or we 'Are' dead.

1) Conscious { ? } time 

<<< Past <<< Out <<< ( *  i  * ) <<< In <<< Future

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

2) Arrow-of-time is in the opposite direction

>>> Past >>> Out >>> ( *  i  * ) >>> In >>> Future

The past self is generally speaking a lesser self tho weight/mass can change as can what metaphyiscal-1, mind/intellect/concepts are accessible and those that are not because of brain issues.
Don't know what you said here.
The question becomes is Universe ever more or less complex over etrernity of time?
If outside ourselves then I think the universe would have no measure of simple or complex. It would just be what is like playing chess under common rules. Looking during the present time it is complex. Possibly in the future it might be simple and the past even more complex. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Wait what?

Knowing less means you knew less then your past self. That is the definition of lesser.
I already said i knew less, but knowing less doesn't have much to do with this topic if we are talking about who i am. I never knew the color black before i saw it for the first time and had enough capacity to understand why i like the color. That reason is who i am. That reason/theme has stayed consistent... the theme of all of it is around who i am and the way i see the world.  

If you are consistent in your like for black when you are knowing more information. You are not being consistent for your like for black because you just increased your knowledge or whenever you did it. Now you can change this statement to every so often I have consistently improved my knowledge on black. 
It's the theme, it's not the color. Like i said above, i didn't know the color black at some point... but who i am presently would always pick the color as my favorite bc of who i am (not surprising i picked it when i had the choice). I will always find vampires more appealing than a show like the Simpsons... Vampires are black themed, Simpsons more colorful... that is the theme of the "meness" i find that is consistently who i am. It hasn't changed, it hasn't been any "lesser" in effecting the reality around me as i define it. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
I am tired. Sorry about not responding but by reading what you said we are not really going anywhere.

See you around. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If outside ourselves then I think the universe would have no measure of simple or complex.
Environment is outside of ourselves. Universe is inclusive of each ever self { "ourselves" }.

It would just be what is like playing chess under common rules. Looking during the present time it is complex. Possibly in the future it might be simple and the past even more complex. 
" U "niverse/" G "od is the most complex set.

Uni-V-erse is the next most complex set.

Woman is the most complex biological life.

Oganesson { transuranium } with atomic number 118 is the most complex element known to humans.

5-fold icosa{20}hedron is the  most complex regular polyhedral symmetry and it, along with 4-fold, 3-fold and 2-fold, are the basis for all symmetries of Universe.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@ebuc
Okay. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am tired. Sorry about not responding but by reading what you said we are not really going anywhere.
I personally think it's you that's going nowhere with this, but okay... thanks for wasting my time.  

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheRealNihilist
EBuc--The question becomes is Universe ever more or less complex over eternity of time?

RM--Equally complex is the answer I would give.

."Equally" over eternity of time is probaby the correct answer i.e finite, occupied space Universe, over eternity, always balances out so that naught is created or lost.

However, over time there MAY exist periods of time where Universe is less and/or more complex relative to other time periods Ex heat death vs volumetric expansion and this MAY mean there exist more parts ergo more interrlationships at some times ergo more complex at some times than others.

This is because of entropy, dispersing all of the many parts as radiation that coalesces as one, finite, very large and very flat { longest frequency } photon, with two sphericals on each side of the photon ---O|O--  wherein each spherical can be envisioned as very large black hole, that  contains both gravity, and dark energy mapping for all possible patterns of existence on their surface, if not also inside each of these two black holes.

Take note of two seeming gas sphericals on each side of  the milky way if  not all galaxies, that I have linked two for a few years now. LINK Were also finding similar duality or  bilateral phenomena with black holes. Cant find that link at moment. 

Bilaterally via two poles or other appears to be a common cosmic theme for those phenomena that are most complex.

Omar--Okay

Oh-Tay Bucky-Wheat ( O .. O )

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't know. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
Coolio.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@ebuc
Okay.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Omar--Okay
Actually years ago I printed out some wallet size business like cards that stated;

Buc-ki-an  I pronounced as Buc-key-in

/\....................O
......Bucki'an..........
Past--NOW--Future
Omni-considerate

Ebuc--Oh-Tay Bucky-Wheat ( O .. O )
That was who I was then. Today I would have my card be more like this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/\.........( * i * ).........O
......Buckywheat.......
Past--NOW--Future
..Omni-considerate..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

123, ABC,  Thats How Easy Universe Can Be

The next naturally occuring question is does Universe maintain any of its bilateral  phenomena that it may have at it entropic heat death phase of existence?

O|O ergo can we find any duality or bilateral existent at any time in the last 13.5 billion years on they largest cosmic scale?

I seem to recall some years back cosmologist had found a large amount of clusters of galaxies all moving in the same direction if being pulled off ---attracted-- in this one direction for no apparrent reason..

Now that is two links I need to find. In writing these ommin-considerat concerns we understand more who Ebuc is.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@ebuc
Okay. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
whats the point of this thread
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
whats the point of this thread
To find out if people can answer who are you?

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
ok, well I'm Dr.Franklin