Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 160
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@TheRealNihilist
Dredd Pirate---we are the sum of our experiences.
Omar---Without those experiences you are not you?
Without experiences the entity who typed them would not exist.  Please try and use rational, logical common sense.

So lets say if a scenario played out differently because we are hypothetically able to change what you do. You are not you when you did something else?
OMG, you are beating a dead horse. Hypothetical's you's are irrelevant to who we are.

Lets try and talk directly to your most basic common sense and see if you will continue to play irrelevant mind games.

You{ we } are you { we }.   Duhh.

You{ we } are not God, you{ we } are humans they generally speaking have the most access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ergo access to a metaphysical-1 ego that sometimes loves to play mind games.  Jokes and words at play are the simple ones. Philosophy leads to more complicated mind-at-play-games.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...........W........bad hair day
..........* i  *......i  is for ego  and we all have access to one
.......( . )( . ).....my bosom buddies
.........(  .  )......a wee bit pregnant { not }, Thats my naval
..........*Y*......yes that is symbol for male
........../...\......
......_./......\_...yes to some I may look like a chicken and yes humans and chickens share some genetic similarities ex bilateralism.

Two humans go out for drinks, first one walks into a bar,....the 2nd one ducks.......

Whats the differrence between a snow-man and a snow-woman?  Snow-Balls!

Did you hear about the Pepsi person who got fired?  They found too  much coke in his system.

Hey, I'm a teller of jokes. OMG Please Stop, your killing me with these lame jokes :--))

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
no, because I haven't experienced everything, isn't that how we describe ourselves?  how and what we think or react to experiences?
In order to know who you are would you would have to experience everything?
You are missing something else. 
isn't that how we describe ourselves?  how and what we think or react to experiences?
I think we describe ourselves from what we have done. This can be something like an idea in the mind or went to X school or something. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
In order to know who you are would you would have to experience everything?
to a certain degree, yes, often new experiences reveal things we didn't know about your selves, true?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
to a certain degree, yes, often new experiences reveal things we didn't know about your selves, true?
And? Missing another key thing that can impact your experiences. Should I just tell you?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I had to look him up :)  I'm definitely going to read his stuff, thank you.
Your welcom.  Here is the quote by Fuller I was most likely thinking of.

..:I'm not a genius, I'm just a tremendous bundle of experience"...Bucky Fuller 1895 -- 1982

'''We are the sum total of what we have learned and there is still so much more to explore." from the above link.

Inventions year Fuller was born 1895

Automobile, Diesel engine oil, Wireless telegraph, X-rays, Automatic screw machine, Discovery of helium.

Fuller experienced 1982 via his mothers womb and the emotions and all of her sensorial experiences.

INventions of 1982

Commodore-64 personal home computer at lowest cost  LINK .....I had one or more of these....

Cray-MP super-computer LINK
...parallel vector processor, the first such computer from Cray Research. It housed two CPUs in a mainframe...

CD player

Sony Watchman handheld tv

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
I had a commodore-64!!! lol
that quote is pretty much what I was thinking, though, naturally he said it better :)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
And? Missing another key thing that can impact your experiences. Should I just tell you?
sure tell me, you won't ruin the surprise haha

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I had a commodore-64!!! lol

...''99% of who you are is invisible and untouchable"..Bucky Fuller

Be clear, that at age 32 Fuller began sleeping four hours a day less than most humans 8 hours of sleep ergo his "tremendous bundle of experiences" is truly more than most humans.  When asked what trade Fuller is in he gave them his Machinist union{?} card.

Ive self-published one book --a coloring book called "Polytopia"-- using a program for C-64  called GEOS that made the C-64 operate more like an Apple operating system.  My previous profile graphic was on the cover along with the cosmos.

The floppy disk drive was larger than the computer :--)

I learned to clean the heads because the floppy disks would rub off onto the magnetic reading head.  That was my first venture into repairing electronic-like stuff involving computers.

I am a Jack-of-Many trades @* i *@   and got paid to repair a couple of computers as well as replacing HD for friends or getting the discs out of the drive etc.

The list of who I am is very long because I have done so many various jobs over my life.

Fuller considered himself to be a comprehensivist ergo and omni-considerate Jack-of-Trades.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
how often does a total replacement of the cells/dna in the human body occur?  the cells etc I had as a baby are all done, dead, replaced with new and even different ones, is that correct?  Seems like I heard that once long ago, but can't recall 100%
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
how often does a total replacement of the cells/dna in the human body occur?  the cells etc I had as a baby are all done, dead, replaced with new and even different ones, is that correct?  Seems like I heard that once long ago, but can't recall 100%
Yeah I pointed this out to Omar early on.  He was stuck in 'Okay' mode at the time.

This is the most simple way understand the diffferrenece between regular cells and cancer cells.

Cancers cells do not die and the accumulate as tumors with no function.  They grow so large the impinge on the functions of other cells.

..."At the cellular level, death is essential for life. Apoptosis, sometimes called "cellular suicide," is a normal, programmed process of cellular self-destruction. Even though it involves cell death, apoptosis serves a healthy and protective role in our bodies.'....

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
right, so one could say we die and are reborn all the time wouldn't you say?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
right, so one could say we die and are reborn all the time wouldn't you say?
I would say that al cells die at differrent rates of time ergo parts of our soul/biology die off via renwal all the time.

And this above constantly changes the resultant whole of who we { you } are.

Obviously as children we have rapid production of cells going on, and then at older age, the longest living cells of brain begin to die naturally.

However we can grow ne brain cells withmagic mushrooms;

.."New studies from The University of South Florida indicate that psilocybin found in “shrooms”, triggers new brain cell growth, and erases frightening memories from mice.

...The studies showed that mice treated with low doses of psilocybin had significant growth of new brain cells, because the mushroom binds to a brain receptor that stimulates new brain cell growth, and short term memory formation."...

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
sure tell me, you won't ruin the surprise haha
The correct way of perceiving that information as well. I don't know what that is nor do I know how that is possible but it is required for your experiences to mean the most. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
My only point was that you aren't those experiences, so you aren't the sum total of experiences, you are observing them. Meaning in reality they are irrelevant to your origins, you exist with or without them. Sure they can change something about you, your mentality, your character, your attitude ect ect but a lot of people have the wrong idea about what and who they are. You would be surprised that people actually think they are just a stream of thoughts, neuron firing and an accumulation of experiences, that's not so. Experiences are just something to play with. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It's common sense, try getting it first and then asking something different. That's how progress is made. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@EtrnlVw
sure I understand what you are saying, that assumes a soul and existing before we existed on earth etc.  If I existed before I existed on earth I don't remember or know of it, therefore I am the sum of my experiences, if and when my experience involves recovering pre earth memories etc then I will still be the sum of my experiences.  Afaik whatever knowledge and experience I had pre earth has no effect or bearing on my earth life right?  So it still stands I am the sum of my experiences I think.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
It's common sense, try getting it first and then asking something different. That's how progress is made. 
Please explain your position instead of stating it just is.

Is your soul unique? Yes or no would do fine.

What makes your soul unique? A explanation would be fine. You can't say common sense. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
Omar have you yet come up with an answer to be talking down to us for not having one?
lilrussia
lilrussia
-->
@RationalMadman
i like you
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@lilrussia
I loathe oppressive nations in general but just as I admire Sun Tzu, who was a Chinese war strategist, I can admire and like you back too in time.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@RM

Omar have you yet come up with an answer to be talking down to us for not having one?
Yes I have. Don't know if someone will find it out. I ain't telling.
lilrussia
lilrussia
-->
@RationalMadman
I look around and all i see are oppressive nations; i just thought the name was funny lol.

I am basically great in every way other than my ability to submit to other people or be kind to people who are not kind. 

And i have always claimed to be an asshole to assholes. Though i am trying to be less of one. I think you were meant to take me under your wing, but
the risk may be too great. If one of us were to insult the other... it would never end.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
sure I understand what you are saying, that assumes a soul and existing before we existed on earth etc. 
I think by now it's safe to say it's no assumption. You came into the physical womb and you will leave the physical body as well. When we consider the evidence it's not just an assumption, when I include my own experiences I don't need to assume anything. It may come across to you as an assumption, having no experience or considering the evidence involved but not for me.
If I existed before I existed on earth I don't remember or know of it, therefore I am the sum of my experiences
That would be untrue, everything before this life is still in your consciousness. But because you developed with the physical body your conscious state was temporarily isolated but none of your previous awareness has left. Actually when you leave the physical body you will feel like you're home, you will know and remember things. Since you were ALREADY a soul and a being before you entered the womb your not just the sum of physical sense perception, you were there before them, after them and long after them. But again, the point of the challenges and experiences we have here do impact a part of ourselves as I mentioned before, but to make things simple here you will always be you with or without experiences through the physical body.
 if and when my experience involves recovering pre earth memories etc then I will still be the sum of my experiences.  Afaik whatever knowledge and experience I had pre earth has no effect or bearing on my earth life right? 
So your origins have no effect on who or what you are? if you were to wake up from a realistic dream where you believed it was reality what happens when you wake up from that dream? was the experiences within that dream all you were?? of course not...
If you committed to entering this world I would say there's probably some things you would want to remember....but you would have to exercise that aspect of yourself, since all your attention is squarely on the physical sense perception. More than anything, the main point I would like people to realize is that they don't just exist in this form, they came from God and were sent into the worlds of duality so any given soul could possess many experiences before this one, the soul exists independent of any form, it comes straight out of the heart of the Creator.
So it still stands I am the sum of my experiences I think.
Lol, fine I don't expect anyone to change their minds here, it never happens anyways! all this arguing and sharing point of views seems more like an exercise in futility.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Please explain your position instead of stating it just is.

When something needs explaining I will do that, if it's self evident then there is no need. 

Is your soul unique? Yes or no would do fine.

Yes, in two ways, I'll explain below. 

What makes your soul unique?

First the soul is an expression of God like when someone creates art or a sculpture. The very nature of the soul is not unique in the sense all souls have that same nature or are made from the same substance. Like paint for example, even though a painter uses the same medium to create many works of art the actual painting itself is unique because each painting is a different expression.

Second, the soul becomes even more unique because it's sent into creation as a seed (or baby) to develop it's own personality and perceptions through the experiences it has in creation. Each soul was created unique and each soul essentially becomes a mini creator. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
When something needs explaining I will do that, if it's self evident then there is no need. 
If I want an explanation. I don't consider what you said to be self-evident. 

I know you had more to say but I am rather argue the fundamentals then talk over it as if I don't have a problem with it. I do. Address it. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I would say through perception and creativity yes
Explain.
A person develops their perspective and perceptions through their individual experiences. Since every one has unique experiences they are unique individuals. Pretty simple I think.
In case you haven't noticed individual people also have a unique way of expressing themselves, being creative and using their imaginations in what they do. This creative ability God imparted in souls is also what makes them so unique, this creative ability can go in any direction, it's entirely at the disposal of each soul what they want to become or how they want to express themselves.
So both perceptions and creativity are what make unique. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
A person develops their perspective and perceptions through their individual experiences. Since every one has unique experiences they are unique individuals.
Can you name me a unique experience or an example? 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@EtrnlVw
if I understand what you wrote correctly, we are born a "clean slate" or a "black slate" would you agree with that?
Wizofoz
Wizofoz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm a pattern- a particular configuration of neurons. I won't be me tomorrow, and I'm not the me from yesterday.
Wizofoz
Wizofoz
-->
@EtrnlVw
You have no evidence of that.