Your favorite debate topics

Author: Tejretics

Total: 7
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
What are your favorite debate resolutions and what’s your preferred side on them?

What are the best resolutions you’ve debated, in your opinion?

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Tejretics
Favorite

Best resolution

Best video game with specific metrics: Does not exist but I might make it in the future. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
It's not the resolution that makes a great debate but it can be the resolution that makes a bad debate much worse.

It's the person you debate against along with you and the chemistry between you that decides how great a debate will go.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
My favourite resolutions are 'X is Y in the context of Z' this is the single best format where Y is an adjective that is somewhat scaled either qualitatively or quantitatively and Z refers to a specific context in which the scaling applies.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Tejretics
For whatever reason I really gravitate towards NFL debates like which team will win which division or who is a better player. 

I also get intrigued by debates regarding foreign policy issues that arent debated very often. Intervention in Venezuela, intervention in Cuba, Aid to Israel, withdrawal from Afghanistan...... Any of those things immediately catch my interest and are the ones I would willingly vote on without being specifically asked. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
unknown religious debates, liek debates about polytheist and mythological gods

18 days later

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen