dylancatlow
Debates: 0
dylancatlow
I am here to answer your questions. 
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
Why do you like Noam Chomsky?

Where would you characterize yourself on the political spectrum? What are your “political compass” test results?

Do you think societies should recognize animal rights? 

Do you still agree with CTMU? Can you explain what exactly CTMU is, and why you agree with it?
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@Tejretics
"Why do you like Noam Chomsky?"

In the political realm, I consider him to be little more than an eloquent "repackager" of standard Leftist doctrine, with some irrelevant anarchist rhetoric on the side. To the extent that I like him at all, it's because he's extremely articulate and knowledgeable, and because of his willingness to answer any email I send him despite his insanely busy schedule.   

"Where would you characterize yourself on the political spectrum? What are your “political compass” test results?"

Alt-right and black-pilled as f*ck. I'm basically a one issue voter at this point: dysgenics needs to be stopped, right now, at any cost. It's 100 percent certain that there are significant differences between the races, and this means that our society is built on a giant lie. In light of this fact, much of the current political discussion is irrational, and many of the policies currently being proposed make no sense. 

"Do you think societies should recognize animal rights?" 

Definitely. I mean, pretty much everyone is, in the sense that we all agree that people don't have the right to torture puppies in their basement all day long. I could get more specific if you want. 

"Do you still agree with CTMU? Can you explain what exactly CTMU is, and why you agree with it?"

For sure. My belief in the CTMU has only grown stronger over time. This is not the right place to explain what the CTMU says and why it qualifies as Absolute Truth (if I were to do that, the explanation would be given its own thread), but for now I will just say that the CTMU is what results when you take seriously the idea that reality is a self-contained system in every sense of the word. Believe it or not, the mere fact of reality being self-contained is enough to tell us the answers to virtually all major philosophical questions. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@dylancatlow
As an extension to

It's 100 percent certain that there are significant differences between the races, and this means that our society is built on a giant lie.
What are some of the examples of these significant differences?
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@dustryder
Brain size, level of testosterone, how long it takes to reach puberty, etc. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@dylancatlow
Brain size, level of testosterone, how long it takes to reach puberty, etc.
In regards to these differences, do you have any thoughts on policies that you feel should be implemented or removed in order to better take these factors into account?
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@dustryder
Yes. Any governmental policy that is based on the assumption of racial equality needs to be changed unless it just happens to be "right by accident" (which is rarely the case). Race Realism's implications are most obvious in areas like immigration and Affirmative Action, but it has much to say in regard to other issues as well. Basically all the "progress" we've made since 1950 is not really progress at all, but a bunch of liberal gobbledygook, and should be reversed.  
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@dylancatlow
Any governmental policy that is based on the assumption of racial equality needs to be changed
I think government policy should be based on the principle that race is irrelevant.    I except from that policies such as 'affirmative action' which attempts to alleviate the continued effect of historical racism.

I thoroughly disagree that there are 'significant differences between the races'.   There are differences in the 'average' of some measures, but in such cases the difference within a race swamp the difference between races.  Knowing someones race tells you nothing useful about them.   If Abel is white and Baker is black then it's near as dammit 50:50 which one has the bigger brain, or has more testosterone! 

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@keithprosser
We don't treat Mexican-Americans tracing their lineage to natives like Native Americans because they are brown. Our institutions still treat people who cannot trace their ancestry back more than 100 years because They are black. That's the difference between reparations and racism.
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@keithprosser

There are differences in the 'average' of some measures, but in such cases the difference within a race swamp the difference between races. 

This is not actually the case, at least with respect to IQ. If you take two White people at random, they will on average differ by 15 IQ points, which is the same amount of difference between the White and African American means, and half the amount of difference between the White and Black African means, and one third of the difference between the Jewish and Black African means. 

In any case, even if it were true that greater variation existed within races than between them, what exactly would that establish? Nothing really. The races could still be very different, given the high degree of genetic variation within all races. Nothing magical happens once it's established that genetic variation within races > genetic variation between races. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@dylancatlow
Nothing magical happens once it's established that genetic variation within races > genetic variation between races. 
The 'magic' is that the almost totally irrelevant factor of race gets over stressed!  If you want to choose an intelligent person and go for the white guy as you suggest you are going to get a lot dumb white guys and lose out on a lot of clever blacks.  Even allowing for a 15% difference using 'whiter' as a proxy for 'more intelligent' is not much better than 'random'. You might as well toss a coin as use race as a criterion.

For example I have a black friend and a white friend - which do you think is taller?

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@keithprosser
I agree that ultimately everyone should be treated as individuals. Pretending that an intelligent black person isn't intelligent because he's black isn't just racist, it's insane. 

But your response doesn't really address my question, so I'll ask it again: "How do we determine whether there is more genetic variance within races than between them, and if it is the case, what does that establish?" I claim that nothing actually hinges on this question. Given the high amount of genetic variability within every race, the races can still be "very different" even if they do not differ to the same extent as any two people from a given race. 

8 days later

Fallaneze
Fallaneze
Dylan: "Any governmental policy that is based on the assumption of racial equality needs to be changed."

Keith: "I think government policy should be based on the principle that race is irrelevant. I except from that policies such as 'affirmative action' which attempts to alleviate the continued effect of historical racism."

It seems that the current governmental policy is to not discriminate on the basis of race.This better aligns with a framework in which your race is irrelevant, not a framework in which all races are equal. When people say that all races are equal, what they're saying, almost always, is that everyone has equivalent moral worth as human beings.

Title VI of the Civil Rights of 1964 is what I'm referring to. I realize that there are also affirmative action policies.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@dylancatlow
do you consider yourself racist? a white supremecist? 

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@n8nrgmi
According to the way most people define those terms, I am both a racist and a white supremacist. I personally choose to them in such a way that they don't apply to me, but it's a little BS, because they apply to virtually no one in that case. 

I do think that the white race is "better" than the other races, but that doesn't mean that every white person is better than every non-white person. That's not even close to being true. 

coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@dylancatlow
List of sexual fetishes? 

You can answer on Facebook if you don't want to answer here.