Spiritual apprehension

Author: janesix

Total: 6
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Faith

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

What is "spiritual apprehension"?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@janesix
Are you religious?
janesix
janesix
-->
@Alec
Yes. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@janesix
What religion?
janesix
janesix
-->
@Alec
No religion fits my beliefs. But I haven't studied all religions yet. I believe in a personal God based on personal experience. I also think the solar system was created,and God is a good candidate for the creator. I also believe there are probably other spiritual beings.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Faith

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

What is "spiritual apprehension"?

Going by this definition it just means to "grasp" onto or perceive something spiritual in nature. The Bible uses a term called discernment, same thing basically so really it's a bit of a contradiction here because if you apprehend something it could very well be evidence or proof of something. So there shouldn't be the statement "rather than proof" that's kinda silly. 

I prefer the definition trust and confidence in something.....this makes more sense especially when you read the Gospels where faith has it's roots. Faith is more a cultivation because in order to have trust and confidence in something there must be reason, proof and evidence involved. The more experience and the more a Theist trust what they are observing or believing the more "faith" they have, which is why Jesus emphasizes little faith compared to great faith. Not all Theists even use faith, it's an individual element utilized to deal with or remove obstacles ("mountains")in one's life.
In other words your faith will continue to grow and progress as you trust God and your understanding of God more and more.
This trust of course gives you the confidence in many areas, this of course is the whole point behind faith. It's not just about believing in things someone tells you, it's suppose to correlate with the individuals experience and learning/observation in the Creator which produces trust and confidence.

But again, the question you asked is just to recognize something that originates from that reality.