Are pit bulls dangerous?

Author: Wylted

Total: 14
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
The fiance on a whim bought a pitbull from a local shelter. Is this thing safe for my 3 year old. WHEN WE MET HIM AT THE SHELTER HE WAS RELAXED but when they handed him to us they explained he was on anti anxiety medication trapazone at the shelter and gave us a 7 day supply. Considering how dangerous they are capable of being and I have only seen his personality when drugged, am I putting the 3 year old in a dangerous situation by allowing  this?  
Wylted
Wylted
Update. Locked the dog in our bedroom. He escaped the room and killed 2 of my fiance's 4 cats. I told her this was a bad ideal. I have to get rid of him now back to the shelter. I don't trust him.
Wylted
Wylted
I watched the drizzly death of a human and this was almost as traumatizing.  The dog went straight for the first cat and I yelled no, kicked him hard as fuck. Started beating him with a chair over the head. It is like the dog did not notice me at all. So I just ran and grabbed the other 2 cats before he could get to them. I could not save one of them. He might still be alive if he found a good hiding spot but I doubt it. The dog is acting normal now but I am scared as fuck of him and cannot look at him the same way after seeing how vicious he could be
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
no 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
They are 6% of the dog population and responsible for over 60% of fatal attacks and of the 600 plus murders they commit a year, 50% are of their own family/owners. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
What is your solution
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I don't  have one. I am asking if they are dangerous and not looking to propose solutions. The most viable solutions I can think of infringe on people's freewill and I would probably rather live with the danger than support policies that deprive people of more of their free will anyway
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Where if their a problem and their is no solution, no need to bitch about it
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Yout an idiot. I asked if they were dangerous to better understand the situation. I did not talk about any problem other than a gap in my knowledge. You are also an idiot for thinking that I need to come up with a conclusion to talk about a problem. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Well, then it's useless
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Me asking if pitbulls are dangerous is useless? I doubt it. The point was to see if being around them was statistically more bad or good for me and the people I love. 

If you are saying it is useless to talk about problems without a solution than you are also wrong. Usually the solution becomes apparent when you work at strictly defining a problem.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
useless
Wylted
Wylted
People who strictly defined problems to come up with a solution include noted geniuses like Richard Feinman who clearly was good at solving shit most of us can't even understand 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
bad