Ellon Musk for VP

Author: Alec

Total: 41
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
He would unify the country and would send us to space.

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
Who is this guy? What makes him special? Why should he be voted for?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Christen
He is a very smart person.  You should look him up.
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Alec
He would unify the country and would send us to space.
Aren't we already unified and sent to space?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
no, but I do like him
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
No he won't.

Republicans won't like him.
Progressives might dislike him as well.

Don't know about center lefties/ liberals though. 
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
Mike Pence is a smart VP pick for Donald Trump.  I can't think of another candidate I could say that for.  They seem to offset one another in a way that is oddly complimentary. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
If you mean democrats shouldn't impeach Trump because Pence is worse then it is a smart move. Trump doesn't make smart moves so I call this a plan by someone else that isn't Trump. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Well I thought of that too.  Donald Trump is actually the moderate and Mike Pence is practically an ultimatum to partisan opposition.  They have very different perspectives and personalities.  Saying Donald Trump doesn't make smart moves as a rule is bigoted, something that will close you off to the world.  The president also needs to be able to deal with people on a regular basis that are smarter than they are, and decide advice is trustworthy or not.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Saying Donald Trump doesn't make smart moves as a rule is bigoted, something that will close you off to the world.
Didn't say that. What I am saying going by Trump's track record he has shown less smart action than smart actions which leads his future to be heavily viewed and highly to be not smart.
The president needs to be able to deal with people on a regular basis that are smarter than they are, and decide which advice is trustworthy.
Dealing with smart people doesn't make you smart. Trump would be the highest ranking official so he can basically fire people who decide to help understand things with what he perceives to be undermining his intelligence or Trump can simply say we are going to look into it and never do. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You literally said that lol.  Anyway, its hard for me to say the man doesn't have some form of intelligence. 

I'd just say he is unqualified for the job and leave it at that.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
You literally said that lol.  Its hard for me to say the man doesn't have some form of intelligence.  
Said what? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Said what?
"Trump doesn't make smart moves so I call this a plan by someone else that isn't Trump."

I'm sure the potential VP was presented to him by campaign advisers.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
"Trump doesn't make smart moves so I call this a plan by someone else that isn't Trump."

I'm sure the potential VP was presented to him by campaign advisers.

Him picking Pence doesn't make him smart. It can be an unlikely outcome of Trump just picking who he feels like. Do you have anything that states he carefully assessed all other candidates and was drawn to Pence specifically? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I said I thought it was an unusual, but smart pick for him.

I also said I wouldn't take the assertion of lacking intelligence as a rule.  In my view, the mark of a genius is an applicable expression of intelligence not "book smarts" although he has graduated from a proper education.  That's not to say he's a genius, but Donald Trump being a man who has succeeded at what he aimed in life in an unusual capacity, I wouldn't say he's not smart.

I'm not going to research and defend Donald Trump.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I said it was a smart pick. 
Can you demonstrate Trump carefully assessed the options?
I wouldn't say he's not smart.
What would you say then?
A liberal can't be bothered to research or defend something? Are you the silent moderate because you certainly seem as incapable in backing up the claims you made as one given their lack of knowledge in politics. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Snoopy
Elon Musk represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with today's progressive agenda.

He sucks up to just about anyone including the government to promote his visions of space dominance while people on the surface of the planet struggle with real problems that won't be fixed in their lifetimes with a rocketship.

He is the entrepreneurial version of the aloof elite demanding that the unindoctrinated do his bidding as a low caste should.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I said it was a smart pick. 
Can you demonstrate Trump carefully assessed the options?
I have that capacity, but not the information.  This isn't something I've "claimed".  You happened to use "Donald Trump doesn't make smart moves" as a rule, and that is not how I would go about it.  You are free to do so.
I wouldn't say he's not smart.
What would you say then?
I'd just say he is unqualified for the job and leave it at that.
A liberal can't be bothered to research or defend something?
This seems to be a rhetorical question, but its hard to tell where you are coming from.
Are you the silent moderate because you certainly seem as incapable in backing up the claims you made as one given their lack of knowledge in politics. 
I have work to do, and I'd like to see contrasting views, but I'm not particularly interested in the subject.  What I really do not want to do is be mistaken for defending Donald Trump, and poising for a debate about him.

It would be atypical for me to apply as much time to the sitting president as other branches and jurisdictions, and I'd assume there are people here more knowledgeable than I.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I have that capacity, but not the information.  This isn't something I've "claimed".  You happened use "Donald Trump doesn't make smart moves" as a rule, and that is not how I would go about it.  
So you are saying you can do it but you won't. Okay.
My rule was made with evidence. 
I have work to do, and I'd like to see contrasting views, but I'm not particularly interested in the subject.  What I really do not want to do is be mistaken for defending Donald Trump, and engaging in debate.  It would be atypical for me to apply as much time to the sitting president as other branches and jurisdictions, and I'd assume there are people here more knowledgeable than I.
Engaging in debate when you have 1 debate to your account?
I don't need to carry on. Please defend it. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Defend what?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Defend what?

"I'm sure the potential VP was presented to him by campaign advisers."

while also stating

"I wouldn't say he's not smart."

Which leads me to believe Trump made a smart decision with his VP. I did ask you what you would call Trump but you failed to answer a simple question. Almost as if you want to sit on a fence and preach to me without actually giving your side. You do that a lot and when you slip here I am going to call you out for it.

So basically in simple terms which I don't think you understood back when I made it simple before but whatever.

Would you call Trump smart or not smart?

Did Trump carefully assess potential VP's which lead to him picking Pence? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I would hope we are both on the same side.

Did Trump carefully assess potential VP's which lead to him picking Pence? 
I've stated to you, I have the capacity but lack the information.  Without accessing the relevant information, I can't answer your questions about how Donald Trump came to decide Mike Pence was his man.  I would carefully assess the VP.  I assume most anyone would in some manner.  This is not "fence sitting".  I am not your personal secretary.

Would you call Trump smart or not smart?
Not to my recollection
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Politically or about what is going on here?
I've stated to you, I have the capacity but lack the information.  Without accessing the relevant information, I can't answer your questions about how Donald Trump came to decide Mike Pence was his man.  I would carefully assess the VP.  I assume most anyone would in some manner.  This is not "fence sitting".  I am not your personal secretary.
Then why not access the relevant information instead of saying "I'm sure"?
Not to my recollection
So the thing you were speaking to me about at the very start of this thread. I ask for your perspective yet you don't answer. Makes me wonder if you are actually here to engage instead of simply go around say stuff but don't tell any of your positions. 

Didn't address a blatant accusation to you so either you are calling your lawyer for defamation or I am correct. I'll accuse you of something here again to see if you would actually answer. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Politically or about what is going on here?
As compatriots, humbled under God

Then why not access the relevant information instead of saying "I'm sure"?
It's just a safe assumption.  I have work to do, and I'm not all that interested in a more nuanced understanding (not enough to go out and research).  Someone else might take it up and add something to the conversation.  

So the thing you were speaking to me about at the very start of this thread. I ask for your perspective yet you don't answer. Makes me wonder if you are actually here to engage instead of simply go around say stuff but don't tell any of your positions. 

Didn't address a blatant accusation to you so either you are calling your lawyer for defamation or I am correct. I'll accuse you of something here again to see if you would actually answer. 
Generally, I like to assume a policy of neither confirming or denying accusations, or minimally entertaining them.  I don't see that its right to treat people that way.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
We might get along but given you just admitted you believe in God well less likely.

You are basically you are not attempting to prove your claim instead make an excuse. I have nothing to work with and all I have to say is your point is not substantial.

You lean more towards defending the right then I have ever see you defend the left. Makes me believe your the weird centre lefties on YouTube which say the left has gone too far but they have pretty much turned conservatives given how far they have moved. Sargon of Akkad, Armoured Skeptic basically the skeptic community.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
We might get along but given you just admitted you believe in God well less likely.
That's absurd, sounds like a self fulfilling prophesy.

You are basically you are not attempting to prove your claim instead make an excuse. I have nothing to work with and all I have to say is your point is not substantial.
I'm really not interested in talking about Donald Trump here. I don't expect to persuade you in any fashion.  You simply fail to comprehend what has been written repeatedly.   I gave my input on your approach.  I gave my input on the VP (you took no interest).
I DO NOT WANT TO DEFEND DONALD TRUMP.  

You lean more towards defending the right then I have ever see you defend the left. Makes me believe your the weird centre lefties on YouTube which say the left has gone too far but they have pretty much turned conservatives given how far they have moved. Sargon of Akkad, Armoured Skeptic basically the skeptic community.

I don't watch trash on YouTube, unless its funny.  I'm not affiliated with these characters and I think its strange to put people into classes and categories. 

I don't want to be a "center leftie" every time I talk about politics.  I don't care how far you and I are on "the left".  I don't care if you perceive me as criticizing members of one party more than members of another, and you shouldn't either.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You lean more towards defending the right then I have ever see you defend the left.
Just one more thing.  I was just trying to be helpful, pointing out bigotry, which will tend to close you off to the world you live in. 

That has nothing to do with "defending the right", ya goof :p

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Just one more thing.  I was just trying to be helpful, pointing out bigotry, which will tend to close you off to the world you live in. 
Where was I a bigot? 
That has nothing to do with "defending the right", ya goof :p
Find me a left winger you have defended then in that time tell me how many right wingers have you defended. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You are free to do as you choose.  I'm probably not going to be all that interested in "defending" politicians so much as understanding, and having realistic expectations.  I'm not going to argue about bigotry with you. When I wrote that it was expected to be simple, and there would be maybe one or two posts, and people would move on from a narrow point. The ship has sailed at this point. I'm not going into this new game of yours. Both of these questions are answerable to the appropriate extent by reading what has been written out clearly enough.   I am not interested in making this about Donald Trump. I am not interested in catering any obsession with my writing.  From my end it appears you have been looking through a flawed lens, reading into something in a way that is not reasonably apparent while overlooking explicit remarks, and this is a ridiculous tangent. 

I find it rather odd that there would be any reason you might think we may not get along.  Feel free to send a private message if I've acted unmannerly.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I find it rather odd that there would be any reason you might think we may not get along.  Feel free to send a private message if I've acted unmannerly.
We can get along if I don't get annoyed at your constant right wing apology and non-positions.