Pokemon Mafia - Endgame

Author: warren42

Total: 31
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Mafia wins!

Mafia Team

Pie: You are Arbok, a poison-type snake Pokemon. As a result, you are the odd-night mafia Poisoner. In addition to the night kill, on odd nights, (N1, 3, 5, etc) you can poison a player. The fact that they were poisoned will be revealed publicly at the start of the next day phase. The target will die at the same time as the lynch. You win when you reach parity with the town. You win with the mafia.

Oro: You are Absol, a Pokemon notorious for your ability to see into the future and predict natural disasters and other dangerous events. You attempt to warn humans, but they have misinterpreted your selfless efforts and believe you’re actually the harbinger of such disasters. Due to your ability to see into the future, you are the role cop. Each night you can investigate a player and learn their role. You win when you reach parity with the town. You win with the mafia.

Bsh: You are Decidueye. You are a goon. You have no special abilities. You win when you reach parity with the town. You win with the mafia.

Of the hundreds of Pokemon, town has nine of them. As a result, you will not be getting a fake character claim or a fake role claim, as these will be easy to come up with. As your Pokemon are not alignment-indicative, you can even claim your actual character without fear of it inherently meaning you are mafia. (Though keep they are linked to roles.)Additionally, all town PMs include the following wording in the event someone attempts to use PM phrasing (please report this, as it will merit at least a warning) “You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.”

Town Team

Water: You are Growlithe, a fire-type dog Pokemon. You are Vanilla. You can contribute to the town with your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Phione: You are Chikorita, a grass-type starter Pokemon. You are Vanilla. You can contribute to the town with your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Wylted: You are Ponyta, a fire-type horse Pokemon. You are Vanilla. You can contribute to the town with your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Supa: You are Seviper, a poison-type snake Pokemon. As a result, you are the odd-night town Poisoner. On odd nights (N1, 3, 5, etc) you can choose to poison a target. This will be announced at the beginning of the day phase. The target will die at the same time as the lynch. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Grey: You are Squirtle, a water-type starter Pokemon. You are Vanilla. You can contribute to the town with your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Mharman: You are Eevee, a Pokemon known for its unique ability to evolve into a variety of different evolutions depending on certain circumstances. As a result, you are the Universal Backup. You will start the game as vanilla but will inherit the first power role to die. You will be able to use the role the phase after it dies. (For example, if a cop is in the game and dies N1, you can use it N2. If they are lynched D2, you can use it N2, etc.) You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Disc: You are Shuckle, a bug/rock Pokemon notorious for being relatively weak but having the highest defense stats. As such, it’s very hard to defeat you in battle, making you 1x bulletproof. If you are targeted for death by anything other than the lynch, you will not die the first time. If you are targeted a second time, you will die. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Speed: You are Tropius, a flying and grass-type fruit Pokemon. You are Vanilla. You can contribute to the town with your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Club: You are Chansey, a healing Pokemon. Accordingly, you are the even-DAY Poison Doctor. Each even DAY (D2, 4, etc) you may target a poisoned player and heal them. At the end of the day phase they will survive their poisoning. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
@Wylted
@Mharman
@oromagi
@Discipulus_Didicit
Endgame is up. Happy to discuss balance/replacements/etc.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
@Phione
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
@Club
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Actions?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Hopefully the noobies learn...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
I have to say that the plurality voting rules really hinders town when you have idiot town getting all Dunning-Kruger inspired and solo lynching people as the day timer is about to end.

GJ speedracer

If you are going to use those rules please put fewer noobies on the town team.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
N1:
Mafia - Kill Disc, Poison Wylted, RC Phione
Supa did not act

D2:
Club - Heal Wylted

N2:
Mafia - Kill GP, RC Speed

N3:
Mafia - Kill Supa, RC Wylted, Poison Club
Supa submitted action the night prior to poison Grey, but that obviously wasn't relevant since Grey was dead

D4:
Club could not self-heal and there was nobody else poisoned.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Greyparrot
I randomize the teams. I think it's unfair to do otherwise.

As far as the plurality lynch rule, I like it specifically for our site because it gives more power to people who are actively participating. I understand the criticisms of it, but I think that active participation being rewarded outweighs the concerns I have with it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
But you see how it can lead to having one bad town ruining the game? Disc and I had zero chance...
warren42
warren42
-->
@Greyparrot
I do. Like I said I understand the criticisms and even agree with some of them, but with how much activity is an issue on this site, I feel that we should find some way to make lynches more frequent. This makes sure we aren't going lynchless through Day 3 because we can't get a majority.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Woot! Go team!

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
You'll be a good player the more you do this. Hope you stick around.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
As far as the plurality lynch rule, I like it specifically for our site because it gives more power to people who are actively participating. I understand the criticisms of it, but I think that active participation being rewarded outweighs the concerns I have with it.
I think Grey is right that it disadvantages town. I don't particularly like this reason for plurality lynching. I think the best argument for it is that, without it, given the inactivity levels in recent games, you might never be able to secure a lynch without it.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
I feel that we should find some way to make lynches more frequent. This makes sure we aren't going lynchless through Day 3 because we can't get a majority.
This, I agree with.

warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
Definitely agree re: speed being a good player before long
warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
Based on RNG it will usually disadvantage town, but so does not lynching for multiple days. I think this disadvantages them less.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I fucked up by not being more useful and knew what was happening as soon as 3 people voted a random direction at the same exact time near the end if the dp. Good job bsh1 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Good job pie. I'm sure oro would have also did well if he had the time during this game also
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
I like how a guy named Water is a fire type

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vaarka
@bsh1
@Club
@Phione

Join up nerds.

Wait, I can only tag 5 people? Eh, only 2 slots left anyway.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
So my lynch had 100% townies on it.

I think the plurality lynching mechanic is in part to blame for this. In majority lynch games the minority team is under more pressure to join wagons and participate in the lynching process, thus generating more readable behaviors. In plurality lynching so long as the top 2 wagons are townies (as in DP2) the scum team need only sit back and let it happen. Even the DP3 mislynch could have hypothetically gone through without scums help due to the plurality lynching, as there were two townies on it and the next largest wagon had only one voter.

I understand that there are pros and cons, I just think the cons outweigh the pros.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
[distant sinister laughter]
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I knew it, I just didn't have enough evidence on you to Lynch you lol

Also, HOW DID I TALK MYSELF OUT OF A PIE LYNCH THREE TIMES AND YOU TOLD ME TO LYNCH THE DUDE LOL

You're too good sir, GG

Also thanks

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Definitely agree re: speed being a good player before long
Awwwww thanks dude lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
[distant sinister laughter]
I appreciate this
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
 Who came up with oro's claim? That was genius, although you should really have picked a psychic Pokemon lol I was surprised you didn't, Oro was the only one out of all of you that I didn't suspect

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
 Also, I appreciate whoever did the research on Voltorb for bomb, I'm a huge Marvel fan so I expect that same dedication for my game because it'll require a lot ;)
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I think the only reason I suspected you was because you were super town, which I learned from secret Hitler means bad, and you never made a concrete answer

Nice job letting me guide you onto a town lynch twice though lolol
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
You're too good sir
Not really. I was lucky mostly.

I appreciate whoever did the research on Voltorb for bomb
I suggested it, but I didn't research it. I know Generation IV (and earlier) pokemon pretty well.