2020 Presidents?

Author: Gatorade

Total: 87
Gatorade
Debates: 12
Gatorade
C'mon kids, post your favorite president right now,
Andrew yang, seems like a pretty good guy, UBI is cool.
Gatorade
Gatorade
I mean presidential candidate 
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
There are a lot mixed opinions about Universal Basic Income. Some say it isn't worth it. Some say it is necessary to ensure that people do not go homeless and broke when robots steal our jobs years from now.

Here is a youtube video explaining it in more detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4XjHXYt8wQ
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I support Warren, Yang is definitely my second-fave.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Gatorade
Bernie Sanders is my favorite Candidate.  However, I have pretty much ruled him out for the presidential elections.  Amy Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard get honorable mentions.  Andrew Yang is pretty cool too.  I remain undecided on the candidates that have a chance at winning. 
Gatorade
Gatorade
lol, Sanders does have a pretty big chance of winning. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Trump2020
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
Agree
Gatorade
Gatorade
-->
@ILikePie5
I totally agree
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Support Voter ID folks. Single easiest way to help enforce one person one vote.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
I like Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar but I dont see them breaking out into the top tier of candidates now that a few debates have passed. 

Pete Buttigeig is also interesting to me but I fear he also is still on the outside looking in compared to the upper tier candidates

Of those who are polling well, I like Biden more than Warren, Sanders, or Harris. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Imabench
Pedo Joe would be a disaster. People like him only cause he’s associated with Obama who hasn’t even endorsed him and told Joe that he doesn’t have to run.
TheAtheist
Debates: 36
TheAtheist
Yang is probably my favorite, although I think he should talk more about other issues and not just his plan for UBI. Just giving every citizen money will not solve all of America's problems. Also, Yang cares about the political divide in our country, which I like, and he seems to value progress more than Reps vs. Dems bickering. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Trump
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Trump
Club
Debates: 26
Club
#YangGang

114 days later

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
Someone libertarian.  Trump promised the following that he hasn't done anything about:

-An end to abortion.  He has everyone that he needs to overturn Roe V Wade and he hasn't.
-An end to the US debt.  He promised to get rid of the debt in 8 years.  Instead, he's increased it.

I think both parties want to reduce abortion and the US debt.  Instead, although abortion has been going down, the debt hasn't.  We need a politician who will actually decrease or eliminate the debt.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
Libertarians are mostly pro-choice.

The Supreme Court has to overturn Roe v Wade. In order to overturn it, they need a case on abortion to go to the SC. With states like Alabama and Georgia passing pro-life laws, it is only a matter of time, but precedent is very important. Most cases are never overturned. Not sure he promised to end abortion, either. That is a very unpopular decision. Most people are against third-trimester, but not earlier times.

Agree on the debt.
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
Austin Peterson is pro life and he was pretty popular in 2016, being in 2nd place, losing only to Gary Johnson.  Moreover, 3/10 libertarians are pro life according to I side with.  I guess your right about Trump's promise to overturn Roe.  I think abortion will eventually be banned because the rates for it are falling and contraception is more widely available.  It was ultimately technology that ended slavery and it will be technology that ends abortion.

Most people want the US debt to be eliminated, but they aren't willing to sacrifice to get there.  Here's my plan to get us out of debt in 8 years:

Thoughts?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Roe V Wade must be overturned in order to force Congress to pass a pro-abortion bill.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Alec
I think abortion will eventually be banned because the rates for it are falling and contraception is more widely available.  It was ultimately technology that ended slavery and it will be technology that ends abortion.
you are kind of arguing against yourself. If technology is making abortions less common and less necessary, then there would be even less reason to overturn Roe v Wade. There are always going to be cases where an abortion is the best option. 

Alec
Alec
-->
@HistoryBuff
Right now, there is good reason to overturn Roe V Wade, but the reason becomes less and less as abortions become less common.  As they become less common, people would be less likely to support it since less people would have a personal connection to abortion.  The cases where abortion is the best option are very rare already.  I would say only when the mother is definitely going to die is an abortion fine.  This is .1% of all abortions.

What is your stance on abortion?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Alec
What is your stance on abortion?
A fetus is not a person. It does not, and should not, have the legal protections a person has. I do oppose 3rd trimester abortions. But before that, a woman should be allowed to have one if she wants. Any attempts to prevent her from getting one should be illegal. 

There is no reason to overturn Roe V Wade. 

Alec
Alec
-->
@HistoryBuff
A fetus is a human being as science confirms.  If you don't believe a fetus is a person, then why do you oppose 3rd trimester abortions?  If you don't want the kid, it's what adoption is for.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Alec
A fetus is a human being as science confirms.
lol science does not confirm that. A fetus is human in the same sense that a cancerous tumor is human. It is alive and made up of human cells. But it is not a person. 

If you don't believe a fetus is a person, then why do you oppose 3rd trimester abortions?
Life is complicated. We need a dividing between cluster of cells of a person. It obviously isn't at conception. So it needs to be at some point between there and birth. I don't pretend to know exactly where that line needs to be. But I would argue it is before the 3rd trimester. 

If you don't want the kid, it's what adoption is for.
If you don't want to go through a long, painful, difficult, expensive and potentially life threatening medical condition against your will then you shouldn't have to. A woman should have the right to decide if she wants to. You should not have the ability to tell her she doesn't have rights. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
There's a distinction between the scientific definition of a homo sapien and the philosophical description of what a person is and consists of. When people say that fetuses are not people, they do not mean they are not homo sapiens from a biological viewpoint. They mean that fetuses lack the characteristics of humanity typically attributed to persons. This is something that cannot be answered by science.

Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
The #1 thing I want in a U.S  president is a president which tackles the debt, seeing Trump run the largest deficits in American history, and liberals continuing to support bigger government, I'm looking to a dark horse candidate like Gabbard. Yang sucks people.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Trent0405
We would never get a budget bill if Trump obstructed Congressional deficit spending with endless vetoes.

Blame Congress for the budget.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
Trump only cause I can't stand a single one of the democratic candidates.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Congress keeps sending huge spending bills that balloon the deficit.

Dems: Trump failed in his promise to bring down the deficit.

Trump appropriates funds for the border wall without congress.

Dems: Only congress has the authority to appropriate funds!

Can the class say hypocrisy? I thought it could.