OSBM DP 1

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 211
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Welcome to OSBM mafia. Here we are going to do something a bit different. Standard mafia games pit an uninformed majority against an informed minority... but what if we were to instead host a three-way battle between three semi-informed minorities instead? A list of special rules for this game will be provided at the end of this OP under the heading "Special Rules"... please read them carefully.

As mentioned in the signups, OSBM is an open-setup game. The setup is as follows:

(Player 1)

You are the red team leader. On nights in which your team controls the NK you will be the one to select who to kill. Be careful, friendly fire is set to ON. If you select a member of the red team for death then the kill will proceed as normal. You win once the blue and yellow teams have been eliminated.

(Player 2)

You are the red team deputy. If the red leader dies then you will control your teams NK. [player 3] is the red team goon. You may contact them via PM  if you wish. You do not know the identity of the red team leader. You win once the blue and yellow teams have been eliminated.

(Player 3)

You are the red team goon. You control your teams NK only if you are the last remaining member of your team. [player 2] is the red team deputy. You may contact them via PM if you wish. You do not know the identity of the red team leader. You win once the blue and yellow teams have been eliminated.

(Player 4)

You are the blue team leader. On nights in which your team controls the NK you will be the one to select who to kill. Be careful, friendly fire is set to ON. If you select a member of the blue team for death then the kill will proceed as normal. You win once the red and yellow teams have been eliminated.

(Player 5)

You are the blue team deputy. If the red leader dies then you will control your teams NK. [player 6] is the blue team goon. You may contact them via PM if you wish. You do not know the identity of the blue team leader. You win once the red and yellow teams have been eliminated.

(Player 6)

You are the blue team goon. You control your teams NK only if you are the last remaining member of your team. [player 5] is the blue team deputy. You may contact them via PM if you wish. You do not know the identity of the blue team leader. You win once the red and yellow teams have been eliminated.

(Player 7)

You are the yellow team leader. On nights in which your team controls the NK you will be the one to select who to kill. Be careful, friendly fire is set to ON. If you select a member of the yellow team for death then the kill will proceed as normal. You win once the red and blue teams have been eliminated.

(Player 8)

You are the yellow team deputy. If the yellow leader dies then you will control your teams NK. [player 9] is the yellow team goon. You may contact them via PM if you wish. You do not know the identity of the yellow team leader. You win once the red and blue teams have been eliminated.

(Player 9)

You are the yellow team goon. You control your teams NK only if you are the last remaining member of your team. [player 8] is the yellow team deputy. You may contact them via PM if you wish. You do not know the identity of the yellow team leader. You win once the red and blue teams have been eliminated.

Normal Rules

1) Bold your votes. Unbolded votes will not be counted.

2) No editing or deleting of posts. I can tell if you have edited a post because it will have that pencil icon and I can tell if you delete a post because I get a notification each time a post is made in my thread even if I am not tagged.

3) Inactive players will be given a activity prompt. If no effort to participate is made within 24 hours of a prompt then I will seek a replacement for the inactive player. The definition of inactivity is in this case purely subjective and up to my discretion.

4) Kill actions may be waived but the player controlling the kill for the night must specifically request to waive their kill. I will not end an NP until all kill actions have been either submitted or waived. If a player delays too long in doing so they will be replaced.

5) Night phases last 48 hours or until all surviving players have checked in with me.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Special Rules

1) Each days lynch determines which team controls the NK for the following night. If a member of the red team is lynched the blue team controls the NK for the night, if a member of the blue team is lynched the yellow team controls the NK for the night, if a member of the yellow team is lynched the red team controls the NK for the night. If the town decides via majority vote to no-lynch then the following NP will be a free-for-all and every surviving team will gain an NK for the night.

2) All actions are simultaneous. In the event of a free-for-all night if two players target each other both will die.

3) All players gain bulletproof status for a single night the NP after one of their teammates is lynched. This bulletproof status expires at the end of the NP regardless of whether it is used. In the event of a free-for-all night no players will gain bulletproof status.

4) When a player dies via lynch or NK their team affiliation will be immediately revealed to the town but their role (leader, deputy, goon) will be hidden until the endgame.

5) Under normal circumstances the first team to be completely eliminated is awarded third place, the next team to be eliminated is awarded second place, and the remaining team is awarded first. If a NP ends with two surviving players of opposing teams then those two teams will be tied for first and the remaining team will be awarded second place. In the event of a free-for-all night where all three teams are killed off simultaneously (yes, this is a possible outcome) the game will end in a three-way tie. In the event of any unforeseen potential tie scenarios the mod will have full discretion over awarding first, second, and third place and will provide an explanation for the decision in the endgame.

That is it for rules. Here is the starting player list:

1. Pie
2. Wylted
3. Mharman
4. Speed
5. Oromagi
6. Warren
7. Cogent
8. Greyparrot
9. Club

Let the entertainment begin.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@oromagi
@Speedrace
Come kill
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Greyparrot
@warren42
@Club
@Cogent_Cognizer
Come kill
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
 This is AWESOME LOL THANK YOU
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Club
VTL Club for color claim
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I claim NOT YELLOW team
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
VTL Club for color claim

+1

VTL Club
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
 Why not lol

VTL Club
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am caucasion
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
The correct spelling of the word is cockass(yawn)

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
LOL
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Vote Count

Club (3/5) - Oromagi, ILikePie5, Speedrace
Speedrace
Speedrace
What do we say? In normal games town is trying to eliminate specific people, and mafia is specifically trying to turn town on each other, but how do we even go about this? Leaders literally just flail around if no one is posting anything, and followers have to randomly choose out of 7 other people and hope they don't hit their specific leader...

The thing is that no specific type of behavior ties someone to red, blue, yellow, so how are we able to determine who is who?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace

What do we say? In normal games town is trying to eliminate specific people, and mafia is specifically trying to turn town on each other, but how do we even go about this? Leaders literally just flail around if no one is posting anything, and followers have to randomly choose out of 7 other people and hope they don't hit their specific leader...

The thing is that no specific type of behavior ties someone to red, blue, yellow, so how are we able to determine who is who

except that your behavior here tells me that you are a team leader    Now, which color are you?

Wylted
Wylted
VTL Club
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
except that your behavior here tells me that you are a team leader    Now, which color are you?
Lol I knew it was too specific ;)

Or was it?
Wylted
Wylted
Actually you know what this is better

VTNL

oromagi
oromagi
I assume that a VTNL is only appealing to leaders at this point.  So speed & Wylted are leaders. How long is a DP?  Can we assume it takes 5 to lynch?
Wylted
Wylted
I am thinking my team can just openly work with a second team to rid us of the third in a systematic fashion. I am willing to out my affiliation first
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
Speed I like you. Do you want to work together to eliminate one team and then just us two teams fight it out at the end. Assuming you are not on my team?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42
Let's build a town block. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Wylted is also NOT YELLOW.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
Clearly, anyone who votes for me or wylted is on the yellow team, and should be swiftly eliminated.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
If we can get 2 or 3 people to claim NOT YELLOW we can eliminate 1 team on the 1st night.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Greyparrot
Club is probably yellow 
Wylted
Wylted
I agree with that strategy
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@oromagi
ORO..please claim NOT YELLOW.
Wylted
Wylted
Okay I will assume  club is yellow.

VTL Club
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
I need to know your color boy. Do you belong in the front of the bus wit us non yellows or not.