Consciousness of plants

Author: janesix

Total: 25
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Vegetarians and vegans, if you realized that plants and fungi were conscious beings, would you still eat them?
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@janesix
Vegetarians and vegans, if you realized that plants and fungi were conscious beings, would you still eat them?
Your being inconsiderate of degrees-of-conscious complexity.

It is irrational and illogical to equanimity of consciousness with plant and fungus with  human.

Learn how to make a distinction between this and that is where you need to start. Those who can not distinguish between this and that are missing out the complexity of Universe, its many parts and the complexity of interrelationships.

12 points-of-view have at least 66 lines-of-relatlionship

janesix
janesix
-->
@ebuc
It is irrational and illogical to equanimity of consciousness with plant and fungus with  human.
Why? Have you studied fungi much? They are amazingly smart. Do you understand that a single entity can take up acres of space? Think of the complexity THAT can possibly compare to the neural linkages of the human brain.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
yes
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@janesix
Why? Have you studied fungi much? They are amazingly smart.
If you believe that then your missing a few smarts.

Do you understand that a single entity can take up acres of space?
Space has nothing to do with being smart.  Ive been aware of fungi being most massive biologicals on Earth for some 20 years now. Old news.

Think of the complexity THAT can possibly compare to the neural linkages of the human brain.
Thats numerical complexity and has nothing to do with smart and dumb. Ex  a elecphant has more atoms than a human and means a higher number of numerical relationships. However, in case your still not aware of truth and facts, elephants are dumb compared to humans.

janesix
janesix
-->
@ebuc
Just as I thought, you haven't looked into it at all.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@janesix
Just as I thought, you haven't looked into it at all.
Well you thought incorrectly and appear to have difficulty with you reading comprehension abilities.  You need to reread all of my posts and make a more sincere effort to understand, or not. Your choice to remain ignorant,  or broaden you knowledge base.

janesix
janesix
-->
@ebuc
I know what I know, and quite a bit of what you don't.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Your physical body is an accumulation of cells no matter where you go or look, those cells have an awareness. Cells group together to make structure function, glands...organs, the brain ect ect…
Cells, just like individual people need to eat and poop to create that function or isolation to make a physical form. They rely on the energetic components of plants and fruits. That energetic component gives you the highest level of consciousness on the planet. In order to maintain that energetic component (or not) you have to consume that which gives that transfer of sustaining. God did this through plants and fruits, the energetic components to maintain the structure function of the physical body. When you look at plant life and fruits as souls, you lose that correlation of why you need to consume them. It's not a soul thing but a physical thing. Your soul doesn't need plants or fruit to survive, only the physical body which needs structure function, structure function needs mechanics to survive... which is supplied through plants and fruits. Without the physical form you will no longer need that structure function. Plants and fruits have awareness, but they aren't like humans, which have a nervous system (feel pain) and a brain, which processes pain. They only have cell awareness.

29 days later

crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@janesix
They sorta are . If you consume an apple. The apple decide  to feed the good germs and not the bad germs.It chose to feed good bacteria because the apple or god had knowledge that good bacteria  is good and did not feed the bad bacteria because the apple or god had knowledge that bad bacteria is bad. Personally i think it was god who made the conscious choice to design the apple to only feed the good germs and not the bad when he designed it.But the questions stand who made the intelligent choice to design the apple to feed the good bacteria and not the bad

crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
Plants are intelligent or the one creating them is.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@crossed
Given that intelligence is a human word with a specific definition.

Can you give me an example of a plant that truly exhibits intelligence.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
As a  vegan, my go to response is that I am not a vegan because I love animals, but because I hate plants.

That is really a joke though. I eat the way I do as an ascetic practice, not because I think eating animals is wrong.

That said, people eat way too much meat anyway. It would probably be better for people and even the environment if they ate less meat. You don't really need to eat meat everyday.

Meat is addicting too, it makes you think you aren't eating if you don't eat it! That  is what it seems like at least.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Are you truly vegan?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't eat animal products.

On certain feast days I eat fish and such.

Most of the time I am vegan.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Well a true vegan would certainly take issue with you as would a true vegetarian probably.

Though, as far as I am concerned a balanced healthy diet is what is important. 

Regards.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
If they take issue, I would probably find them obnoxious. Spend some time with a cow. Tell me this isn't a creature that isn't asking to be eaten.

But the reason I eat fish on days like Pascha has to do with the fact that Jesus ate fish. I went years without eating any fish or meat. I was convinced that it would be good if I made certain exceptions.

I wouldn't say I eat as healthy as I could. I eat a lot of carbs. There was a time when I fried a lot of stuff. I'm eating Soon Ramens with spinach, mushrooms, and peppers chopped in it for lunch today. That  is a lot of sodium. Don't know how healthy that really is, but it is tasty. I recommend Soon Ramen if you can find it.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Never heard of Soon Ramen.

I will have to look it up.
Mopac
Mopac
Interestingly enough, the ideal of a Jain saint seems to be someonee who wanders off into a cave and starves themselves to death.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Each to their own.

16 days later

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@janesix
Before answering your hypothetical what alternative are you suggesting? That vegans starve themselves to death for their moral convictions?
janesix
janesix
-->
@secularmerlin
I would never suggest that someone starve themself
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@janesix
The alternative to starvation is eating some organic lifeforms. You have asked a yes no question but no is an impossible answer.

Not unakin to asking if someone who wants to go flying would jump off a bridge.
janesix
janesix
-->
@secularmerlin
they could still eat fallen fruit like the jains. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@janesix
Unless that too is conscious and objects to being eaten.