Buddas Beginner Series Mafia Sign-Up

Author: Buddamoose

Total: 103
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
Well hi there! I assume you've probably read the Guide to Forum Mafia located here: 

If not you absolutely should because it imparts information that without, you will be lost reading this post 😂

But, if you are a beginner to mafia, this is your place! The Beginners Series will be a series of 3 games intended to impart crucial aspects of forum mafia, and ease new players into the game. The series will be divided between these three types of games:

Game One- Basic

The first game will be an open set-up game. It is intended to introduce players to the common roles one finds in mafia, and how they are best played in game. Players will have knowledge of how many mafia members there are, how many town players there are, and the different roles in the game. Third-Party roles will not be used. 

Game Two- Role Madness

The second game of the series will be a closed set-up game. No specific knowledge of roles will be known, nor the specific number of town or mafia. This game also is the first that incorporates the *possibility* of third parties. A list of *potential* roles will be given, but it will be large and many will not be used. 

Game Three- Themes!

The third game will introduce the concept of themes! Not only will each player have a role, but each player will have a *character* that matches with a general theme of the game. For example, in a "Lord of the Rings Mafia" game one would expect to see Frodo, Sauron, etc. but be careful, as this might not necessarily be the case. 

I myself am partial to creating custom themes from original writings I create on occasion. But one might easily see a "Philosophers Mafia" or a "Baseball Mafia" or a "Electronics Mafia" and so on and so forth. Themes add a layer of depth to games that is intriguing and adds much material for dicussion between players during the Day Phase. 

The factions will not necessarily be split along obvious lines in accordance with themes though, so be careful about the potential cases you build upon thematic analysis! 

So there you have it! I'll finish by saying that even though this is intended for beginners, i would have zero objections to even experienced players signing up for this series until the mafia community here hopefully begins to proliferate. If you are confused by this because there are games being played, well then that's great! Post about your interest here or message me directly for details about when the next series will start! 

I will add a sign up sheet below, and any interested takers may also c/p it and add themselves. 

*Beginner Sign Up Sheet*

The first series will be seven players. Depending on interest subsequent series may be increased in size. Thanks for joining the fun!
WarriorQueenForever
Debates: 0
WarriorQueenForever
WarriorQueenForever

Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
/in 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
It should be noted that the beginning of this series would be pending implementation of group PM's. 
Also, that this will not just be a one-off series but a cycle. 

Earth
Earth
We can play Dethy. I will host a game provided we have the players.

5 players needed.
TheHammer
TheHammer
I don't know if this is a great idea right now. It's probably best to just start playing normal mafia games, and when the community begins to grow introduce the beginners series
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Thats why at first im incorporating anyone interested... plus, this gives a handy way to make sure before we hit full themed games, new players have things down. 

Whether or not those same beginners throw themselves to the wolves right away is up to them. But that can easily intimidate and cause people to drop out. 

Regardless of community size, to me having a place beginners can get their sea legs before jumping into stormy weather would be a positive. 

Can def understand not wanting to saturate, but throwing new players to the wolves seems equally  counter-productive fmpov 🤔

JusticeWept
JusticeWept
I'm definitely not a beginner, and I'm definitely in.

*Beginner Sign Up Sheet*
1. WarriorQueenForever
2. Smithereens
3. JusticeWept
Earth
Earth
/in
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Do you want me to help mod (I've got experience at the very least), or should I play? 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
I def could use a co-mod to help when I'm unavailable. Welcome to the beginner series mod team Vaarka. Glad to have you aboard 👏👏
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Here's to another year of modding

Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@JusticeWept
whats your DDO name?
The-Voice-of-Truth
The-Voice-of-Truth
/in 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Here's to another year of modding

cheers

KFC 

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Buddamoose
In this 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
B*eginner Sign Up Sheet*
1. WarriorQueenForever
2. Smithereens
3. JusticeWept
4. Earth
5. The Voice-of-Truth
6. Wylted

It is my humble request that the last spot in this series be reserved for a true beginner. However, if a couple days pass and there is no signee, the spot will be ceded to the first player to sign up for the final spot 👌
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Is there a mafia noob on DDO anymore? I feel like just about everyone played a game before.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Even if not, to me its worth giving a reasonable amount of time to see 🤔
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
I hear you fam
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
/in
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
The final spot if a beginner does not request to join is now reserved for RationalMadman. Thank you to all who have signed up thus far. I will not begin compiling the games in the series in advance of the series beginning 

👏👏
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
*I will now begin compiling the games in the series 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Will you be hosting it here?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
That is the plan. I will look into something that can be used for a group PM in the interim in lieu of group  PM's being currently disabled here
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose

Paste privately and give the pass code to the person for a full description of their character and role.

Set up a 'come and go' Chatzy chat http://chatzy.com If you have an account you can be permanent admin of the room but the room won't be permanent beyond 2 weeks of inactivity unless you pay to be a premium member who are entitled to story permanent history.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
An alternative to what I just suggested involves people being willing to attach their identity in the app/program Discord to here and if they are, it's the perfect software for the entirety of mafia chatting and role dishing out.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose

This is even more secure than ybin but less sexy looking
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of those sites. I was contemplating Discord, but had the same concerns over players having to attach an identity. 

Chatzy definitely looks like a more than suitable alternative to use in the interim. 🤔
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
And that bin site looks like a hella good means to ensure only those who need access, have access to specific roles 👏👏 good looks again