Buddas Beginner Series 1.1 ENDGAME

Author: Buddamoose

Total: 49
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
Town wins!

I'm pleasantly surprised that despite the Cop being killed N0, town was still able to pull out the win. well done. 

Biggest Town Tell

Virtuoso's reaction to a N0 start was a pretty big town tell. It came across as super genuine, and XLAV was correct to point that out, but it's not wholly indicative of affiliation, which leads us into... 

Biggest Scum Tell

XLAV would have come across town AF in observing Virt's reaction was town. However he did two things that were scum-tells in at leaast this game, even if not necessarily being universal tells. 

- Tunneling RM when Earth was fmpov equally scummy
-Adding a mod psych argument upon the already clear indication Virt was town. This is a good example of manufacturing a read. Mod Psych is especially unreliable as it assumes direct knowledge of how a specific mod will act in relation to reponses to player complaints or questions. 

For example, on DDO in "Under the Shade of the Sycamore Tree Mafia" Khaos_Mage was very vocal about the game being unbalanced against town. I disagreed and that was taken as confirmation of Khaos_Mage. The only problem, he was third party and "stole" the game from a town that lynched all mafia, even with all deaths being janitored. 

On Game Interaction

I can understand the complaints made regarding my involvement as a mod. I'll cut back on the amount of interaction with players, even if I disagree that any such actions indicate affiliation, it does still get used as such regardless. 

As a mod, i'll still publically announce requests of information regarding mechanics, as that is information pertinent to all involved players. Balance concerns can however, reasonably be held till Endgame. 

MVP

It's a hard choice, but im gonna go with a tie between Virt and Greyparrot. Virt because, balance complaint aside, came across as towny AF in most of his actions. Greyparrot because he joined the game and suddenly DP2 and DP3 were over in less than an hour each, which is very fast. Fmpov GP's entry created the accelerated DP's because he made it wholly clear his scum team was XLAV/Earth and he wasnt gonna change his mind. 

Big Mistake

Not cc'ing doc. This would have been a solid move from Earth. Being Doc would have given Earth the perfect cover for not really scumhunting and laying low despite still being active. 

Whether or not the games outcome would have changed is in the air, however in my humble opinion, it would have at least significantly increased the likelihood of pulling off the single mislynch needed to win 🤔

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Earth didn't even have to do the gymnastics with CC the doc.

Scum should always have a solid bussing strategy in the works. No bussing made the scum team obvious.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
And MVP Virt? Lol he really lucked into his position of 90% likely town from his 1st post blunder. He wouldn't even hammer XLAV after I already discovered the scumteam.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I was mvp wtf
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Ur editing made you look scummy, its hard to claim MVP if you appear scummy because of ones own actions fmpov 🤔. It wasnt even a gambit, which would be the exception to that imho. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
No it's not, gp was very good at understanding how blatantly brilliant I had been as town and helped me put extreme panicky pressure on scum so much so that scum fucked up n2 as well by killing virt.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, because he did the most solid job in appearing town. This, because he was town, significantly increased the probability of town successfully lynching to a solid degree 🤔. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Lol you were all over the place. Also there were times where you questioned Virt's towniness....like why?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
No it didn't. I single handedly made scum go from being on me to begging for mercy.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Ur being highly post facto revisionist RM.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
You should always be willing to rethink scum, that's called being high Iq and humble to know you can be tricked.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
I am not I am telling you that me and gp carried hard and I did it from further setback.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Yah but it was 100% a fluke on his first post. Nothing he said after made a difference (at least to me)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Besides, your entire vehemence in disagreeing is quite obviously predicated upon the conflation that not being "most valuable" = not making valuable contributions. When that's not at all the case. 🤔
David
Debates: 91
David
Good game all!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
Gg. When you said I had wolfy vibes I had just changed my pic so I realised later what you meant.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
Dude I made it so that scum had to keep me alive to not scumtell and so that the clear townread me so solid that keeping me alive was the way gp was so sure of the team.
I was a cunning Mastermind you don't even know.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Omg lol!..RM was scumteam's best target for a mislynch, which is the only reason they didn't target RM for a night kill. Why scum didn't immediately kill off virtuoso (90% confirmed town from his 1st post blunder) was a huge mistake. (I lied when I said I protected him btw...best play with self healing doc is to always heal self)

When I got subbed into the game, it was practically over, I just had to go through the motions. Scumteam really lost this game much more than any brilliant plays by town.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Virt established himself as pretty likely town from the get-go, then acted in a manner that didnt detract from that initial likely town reading. His scumhunting was not exceptional per se. But there is great value to a towny who removes themselves through action from being lynched. Because that not only increases the likelihood of a true lynch, but also necessarily makes them a likely target of a NK, adding an element of predicability to potential targets mafia might have. 

You overall contributed positively, never said you didnt. For once, try pulling whatever crawled up your ass, out and not take extreme offense to something that wasn't insulting. Like Christ sakes man, try growing a pair for once, you aren't 5, just hecause somebody else gets a prize and you didnt doesn't actually justify throwing a conniption fit anymore, and it never really did  🤔
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
The fact you selfed and lied makes me respect you more.i still consider myself mvp even though you're far above the rest.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
Growing a pair is why I said I was mvp. A coward would agree to you.
David
David
In all seriousness RM, you were fantastic this game. You were conf town on xlav’s flip. Xlav made a huge mostake in hard pushing you. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Nah man, growing a pair would not be realizing not getting MVP doesn't mean your actions werent valuable contributions. As stated, making yourself the #1 ML target, an MVP does not make 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@David
Yeah his d1 flip was to frame me as he made it intentionally when the time was over to validate the lynch if I had done it.

I am grateful for the compliment ;)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
However, thats also not to say it wasn't a valuable contribution. Your mistake in editing posts in essence putter XLAV, and as Virt pointed out, him flipping Maf essentially confirmed you. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
It absolutely is a huge reason why I was the MVP. Scum come straight for my throat and both end up in the dirt leaving me alive the whole time as killing me frames them harder.

David
David
I don’t really consider myself the mvp here. I kinda lol cleared myself and the mod only made it worse by speeding me as town. I didn’t really contribute a whole lot after that since my schedule got busy. 

The mod also spewed esrth as wolf 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
If you had clearly intended that result, i would agree with you. But you clearly didnt as shown by, "i wouldnt have done it if there was a rule against it" "I was just correcting a typo" all indicate you edited your post for reasons not related. 

I'm sorry, but awarding somebody MVP for an action that produced positive, but unintended results, just doesn't make much sense. I try to stay away from post facto revisionism when analyzing. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
the mod only made it worse by speeding me as town.
I would disagree, as i stated, this is predicated upon the assumption that you minutely understand my psychology and behavior as a mod. You simply don't, so taking any mod psych arguments as likely truth, or indicative of anything is lacking corroborating evidence to support that I differentiate how I talk with players as a mod based upon their affiliation. When i dont. Any erroneous conclusions derived are not my fault but the fault of the players for making unsupported assumptions 👏
I didn’t really contribute a whole lot.

Exactly, which is why its a co-award. Sole MVP doesn't make sense for GP cause his "towniness" was more by virtue of being un-CC'd doc, even if he jumped in and effectively swung the tables to a path of victory for town. You didn't quite make sense as sole MVP to me because, aside from making yourself look town AF, you didn't contribute much. 

Combine the two together and you have an approximation of a player that would clearly be deemed MVP in the event of a town win 🤔. 
The mod also spewed esrth as wolf 

How so? The one message directed at him was I was annoyed he had more posts than me. As in total forum posts, as in, that bastard and his excessive spam 😤

@Earth- Boooooooooo

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
The beauty of this is now I won't be fearkillled because people think I'm bad. Stats don't lie, opinions do. Just like debating, I will become the statistically best mafia player of the site.