Love thy neighbour but be likeable yourself.

Author: Harikrish

Total: 62
Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
Rosends wrote: In Jewish thinking, there are what we call 613 commandments (the "Taryag mitzvot"). However, it is important to note that even in biblical/temple times, there was no expectation that every person observed every commandment. If you take even a cursory look at the list

you will see that some are observed by the average person passively, some are easily done during the course of daily life, and some are for specialized times, places and/or people so they are simply not incumbent upon the average person.

It is also essential to understand that each of these 613 serves as a foundation for other "rules" which govern daily life. There are codes of law which are just as binding, and provide the detail about how to live, but which are not explicitly listed as divine commandment. So while the list of textual mitzvot says simply to sanctify the sabbath, we have an entire corpus of law about exactly HOW one does that. The oral law clarifies and explains the process and method by which one can follow the written law. The one without the other is useless.

So if someone says that the expectation was that every person "keep" all 613, that is inevitably in error.

There are a lot of dos and don'ts in the 613 commandments. But I could not find any commandment that tells Jews to be 'likeable'. With 3000 years of persecution, expulsion and antisemitism, one would think a commandment to be 'likeable' might have help Jews overcome the burden of 613 commandments that still left them undeserving of proper recognition throughout their history.

I don't mean to be disparaging. But would adding one more commandment to be likeable to the existing 613 be so difficult?

Would adding that same commandment to be likeable have saved Jesus who was a Jew and stopped at the 613 commandments? Why didn't Jesus add the commandment to be likeable himself?

jesus was bound to the laws. He declared:

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 

Christians are no more likeable than Jews because they too stop short of being likeable. In fact they follow even less laws than Jews having dropped circumcision and dietary restrictions. 

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Only God can judge someone don't care about someone else's opinion
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Only God can judge someone don't care about someone else's opinion
Learn to read you ignorant mutt. The subject is about the missing commandment "to be likeable".

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
You dont that rule, God judges
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You don't that rule, God judges
Try to complete your sentence and learn to read you ignorant mutt.

There are a lot of dos and don'ts in the 613 commandments given to the Jews by God. But I could not find any commandment that tells Jews to be 'likeable'. With 3000 years of persecution, expulsion and antisemitism, one would think a commandment to be 'likeable' might have helped Jews overcome the burden of 613 commandments that still left them undeserving of proper recognition throughout their history.

I don't mean to be disparaging. But would adding one more commandment 'to be likeable' to the existing 613 be so difficult?

Would adding that same commandment to be likeable have saved Jesus who was a Jew and stopped at the 613 commandment and never tried to be likeable. Any wonder he was rejected and crucified.  Why didn't Jesus add the commandment to be likeable himself?

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.

Christians are no more likeable than Jews because they too stop short of being likeable. In fact they follow even less laws than Jews having dropped circumcision and dietary restrictions.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
already responded
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
already responded
And your response was an incomplete sentence that made no sense. 

You don't that rule, God judges

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
You dont need to be likeabl;e
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You don't need to be likeable
That explains why all those women dumped you.  You were not likeable and didn't think you needed to be likeable. Same reason the Jews suffered 3000 years of antisemitism.... They never tried to be likeable.

You actually prove my point. 

There are a lot of dos and don'ts in the 613 commandments given to the Jews by God. But I could not find any commandment that tells Jews to be 'likeable'. With 3000 years of persecution, expulsion and antisemitism, one would think a commandment to be 'likeable' might have helped Jews overcome the burden of 613 commandments that still left them undeserving of proper recognition throughout their history.

I don't mean to be disparaging. But would adding one more commandment 'to be likeable' to the existing 613 be so difficult?

Would adding that same commandment to be likeable have saved Jesus who was a Jew and stopped at the 613 commandment and never tried to be likeable. Any wonder he was rejected and crucified.  Why didn't Jesus add the commandment to be likeable himself?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
I lied, I have a gf
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I lied, I have a gf
We know you are lying. That is why  all those women dumped you. You are a liar too.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
No I'm not
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No I'm not
You just said several times in your last few posts you lied. That makes you a serial liar.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
I lied about women dumping me, it was a joke to trigger you
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I lied about women dumping me, it was a joke to trigger you
You confessed in public about your bad experiences with men and women before I raised concerns about your mental health. I had to point to your confessions you made to DDO members as evidence of your mental illness. Here you are lying it was posted to me. Lying is never a joke. Besides you are on a religion forum where lying is never acceptable. Have you no shame left?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
It was a joke, I'm trolling you LOLS
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It was a joke, I'm trolling you LOLS
Where is the joke in your confession where several women dumped you and you turned to men who turned you into a faggot? 
If it is a joke why haven't you recovered? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
I made it up
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I made it up
So you are admitting once again all the bad experiences in your life like being dumped by several women then turning to men by becoming a faggot you made it into a joke. Why did you make yourself the object of your joke? Was it so people would laught at you? You never spoke about anything good happening to you. You would have to make that up too. But you figured they would be less funny.

Thats like the Jesus story. If Jesus died a normal death there would be little to talk about. But being mocked, beaten, ridiculed and nailed to a cross made for more entertaining conversation. That gave Jesus the incentive not to be likeable. Despised he was and rejected and crucified. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
IT was funny trolling you
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
IT was funny trolling you.
Lying on a religion forum is not trolling.
You were making public confessions about your shamed life. Your failed relationships and  frequent sexual abuse after you turned into a faggot. Those were your desperate pleas for help. We all heard you.
I suggested you get a whoopee cushion for starters and put you on an Aspirin Therapy program.
I even put  an end to your plagiarism. 
Come get your head slapped for free at the Harikrish Spiritual Shaming Detox Centre.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
No 
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No
Why not? There is no cure for your stupidity. The head slapping will reduce your addiction to lying.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
Cause I dont feel like it
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Cause I don't feel like it
You will like it after you feel it. Duh!!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
no 
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No

Why not? There is no cure for your stupidity. The head slapping will reduce your addiction to lying.

41 days later

Harikrish
Harikrish
Harikrish observes: Christians love the God of the Bible. They even love the messiah whom the Jews rejected. But they stop when it comes to loving the Jewish people. Is it possible the Jews believe because they keep 613 commandments they don't have to be likeable? Their attitude of indifference and arrogance is why kosher candles are more popular than the people's fat that went into making it.

Now Christians don't keep all 613 commandments that were given to Moses for the Jews to keep. Nor do they have one that tells them to be likeable either. So how have Christians managed to keep faith without suffering the same Jewish backlash?

Christians have created 30, 000 different denominations of Christians so one can pick which group is least dislikable to the newly convert. That same person wouldn't have that choice if they were all likeable, Christian leaders reason.

So how does one like a Christian when there are no commandment that orders a Christian to be likeable? One has to consider the alternative which is a Jew keeping 613 commandments that make them even more dislikable.

Love thy neighbour but be likeable yourself.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Likability is in the heart of the one who likes.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
Likability is in the heart of the one who likes.

Everyone has a heart, but not everyone is likeable or wants to like. It takes effort to be likeable.