If you were running China

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 11
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
who would you want to be president in 2020?  They are slowing the process, dragging their feet in hopes Trump won't be president in 2020 imo.  Which means at some point Trump will have to push harder and be more aggressive, unless he's really that confident he will win in 2020.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't know.

If they are doing well as in the safety of their citizens are are being productive then Xi Jinping China's leader forever.

If not no Xi Jinping. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
sorry my post was a big confusing, who does China want to be the U.S. president in 2020
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
sorry my post was a big confusing, who does China want to be the U.S. president in 2020
Joe Biden if he is for free trade.

It can be anyone for free trade but more than likely it would be Biden V Trump so I am guessing Biden most likely would support free trade over Trump. 

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If I had to guess, China would prefer the US President to be someone they could bend to their will and act fairly predictably. 

The issue is that both of those things hardly go hand in hand with each other..... While Trump for example can be easily swayed to one side in a way that benefits China, he hardly stays committed to that stance and can bounce back and forth on certain policies randomly for the most minor of reasons. He just delayed meeting with leaders of Denmark because he was upset at how harshly they dismissed the idea of selling Greenmark to the US, which is only the most unpredictable thing he's done this week. 

On the other side, candidates who act far more predictably are the ones that would be more difficult for China to align with their agenda. Damn near every Democrat is ready to talk tough on China and call them out for their human rights abuses + handling of protests in Hong Kong, I dont see any of them being possible candidates that China could get huge concessions from without having to give up much in return. 

Trump is exploitable but unpredictable, Democrats are predictable but not really exploitable. 

China may just stop giving a shit since theres no clear option for them to back in the first place. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Imabench
good points,  however there's several, for all their tough talk when push comes to shove they would fold like a house of cards imo.  China's human rights is horrible, but has been and no one ever seems to be able or want to do much about it.  I have no reason to believe that will change in my life time.  Trade is the only leverage that can be used against them short of actual military force.  So free trade as some of talked would give up any advantage the U.S. may have.  Biden is a former shadow of who he once was.  If I were running China I think he'd be my preference.  The gaffs, lack of energy and mental focus would make him very easy to manipulate imo.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
any democrat, they would suck up
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
A good politician is one that stays bought.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Joe Biden's family has done business with the Chinese.  He's an experienced proponent of (free) trade agreements, and expresses sympathy to challenges faced by the regime.  Thus far he's been pretty soft on China, not too far out of line with the American populous on other marks so he represents prospective stability. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
I very much believe he would be too soft on China and they know it.  He'd let all the jobs go.  Remember what Obama said about manufacturing jobs never coming back etc.  The employment numbers would be so bad that more and more people would be forced to accept government entitlements.  This is the goal, to make people dependent on the government and that's how you do it.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Biden would also be Russia's first choice for obvious reasons.