Oromagi Wins

Author: Gatorade

Total: 38
Gatorade
Debates: 12
Gatorade
Oromagi has finally dethroned Ramshutu. In a battle that lasted for months, it's like T-Series vs Pewdiepie
DapperMack
Debates: 3
DapperMack
-->
@Gatorade
I don't think it is remotely like T-Series vs Pewds. T-Series had ubiquitous levels of disapproval.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
They both like eachother, blamonkey,oro, and ram are like a progressive atheist force on this website
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Blamonkey is a right-wing Libertarian to my knowledge, he considers himself Centrist though. I don't know how he got the Progressive title.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
anti-death penalty, anti-capitalism, pro sancutary cities, yeah solid bet hes liberal
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Blamonkey is pro-Capitalism but anti-big-corporations. He has mixed feelings on death penalty and easily could take either side on the debate. I will let him speak for himself but you should know he's very willing to play devil's advocate in debates.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I know him from DDO and debateisland so I got more perspective on his views than most but I know for a fact he will not like you labelling him as a progressive or even necessarily an atheist, I think he prefers the term agnostic but honestly that I don't know.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Gatorade
T-Series will never dethrone Pewds
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@PressF4Respect
PewdiePie has the most subs*

*per account
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Mharman
True

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@oromagi
Well done! You can keep far more debates on the go than I can!

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Ramshutu
until I start posting sheep rape poems in gun control debates and the whole thing comes crashing to a halt.  I am clear that in spite of the ranking, I would not fare well in most any head-to-head debate with you.  Now I've got to figure out how to get a forum post with 25 likes.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Funny, what makes you think I'm an atheist and/or progressive?

I kind of agree with RationalMadman's analysis of my ideology more. I take random positions in debates and sometimes in threads. Although I respect the top debaters on the site like Ram, Oromagi, and Ragnar, I also respect Thett1 who happens to be conservative. I hope one day people learn to understand that most sides can be argued, and that a liberal or conservative skew shouldn't automatically invalidate an argument. That said, it's hard to identify with either party at this point. They diverged so far to the left and right that it's hard to express anything but apathy at the current election cycle.

DapperMack
Debates: 3
DapperMack
In one subject of accomplishments, we should vote on who gets to win the first "friend of the crowd" medal since that's pretty hard to get without calling attention to it in the first place. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@DapperMack
What if we started a forum where everybody posts once requesting maximum likes and everybody is asked to like every prior post before requesting?
Gatorade
Gatorade
-->
@oromagi
yes

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Barney
@Ramshutu
@oromagi
Can you take a break plz?

I would like the medal. 
Gatorade
Gatorade
-->
@TheRealNihilist
They're not gonna give up anytime soon
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Gatorade
They're not gonna give up anytime soon
:(
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I actually just started a break (would have earlier, but someone I previously mocked as a forum troll challenged me to a debate... they made it unrated, so it shouldn't matter to you overtaking me).
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Barney
This one I am guessing.
Well I need to win a lot more debates so I wanted to hold that offer until I was much closer. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheRealNihilist
@Dr.Franklin
@Gatorade
Gator- thanks for the ack.  I don't know Youtube personalities well enough to engage the metaphor.

Dr.F- to true believers and trumpists,  any well-reasoned conversation must seem like a progressive atheist cabal .  I don't mind being called either although the progressives and atheists I know think I fall well short of their societies.  My religion is mostly just don't believe what you don't know.

Omar- I'm volunteering at the Telluride Film Festival all next week so now's your chance.  Honestly, it is comers like you & pink & speed that gave me a sense of urgency about getting that gold medal- clearly it was now or never.

Ragnar doesn't have his gold medal yet and I consider him more deserving than me.  Ragnar handed me my first loss on DDO years ago & I have been a fan ever since.   I have no academic or formal debate background so I just imitate my betters and Ragnar is my favorite exemplar because of his clean prose, dry wit, and adaptability.  I'm tempted to just offer Ragnar a debate to get it over with but my 9 year old nephew keeps asking if I'm still undefeated....so yeah, that's hard to give up.

At any rate, this shit is definitely going on my resume- highest ranked debater on DART, at least for a handful of late summer days.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
Omar- I'm volunteering at the Telluride Film Festival all next week so now's your chance.  Honestly, it is comers like you & pink & speed that gave me a sense of urgency about getting that gold medal- clearly it was now or never.
Mannnnn.

Please extend it for longer. The gap is long. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Perhaps I'll drive off a cliff (happens weekly up there) and require a long convalescence.  Cross your fingers!
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
Perhaps I'll drive off a cliff (happens weekly up there) and require a long convalescence.  Cross your fingers!
I cross my fingers that you live in peak happiness while removed off this site giving me the chance to move up the leaderboards.

I don't want you dead. Your account doesn't get deleted nor removed off the leaderboards. 
Gatorade
Gatorade
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You are a good man
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Gatorade
You are a good man
Joke right?
Gatorade
Gatorade
-->
@TheRealNihilist
...yes and no
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Gatorade
...yes and no
More like I am not going to take a concrete stance.

It is oromagi not Oromagi. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@blamonkey
Sorry for the mistake