Enlightenment

Author: janesix

Total: 18
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Does enlightenment require work on our part, or is it just a stage in our existence, like puberty?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
Does enlightenment require work on our part, or is it just a stage in our existence, like puberty?
I haven't reached it nor do I think I will.

I think it is people attaching a happy moment in their life to an enlightenment where I think they are just really happy given their circumstances. I think there would've been a paper proving the enlightenment if it did exist. Guess people are going to use well science doesn't observable the not-observable but even if that is true there would still need to a link to a not-observable for us to be impacted by it in the observable like if God created life. Where in life does it show God? I don't see it. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think everyone will reach it eventually, as enlightenment is as understanding of what exists and reality.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
I think everyone will reach it eventually, as enlightenment is as understanding of what exists and reality.
So no spirituality involved?

janesix
janesix
-->
@TheRealNihilist
not necessarily
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
not necessarily
Then why call it enlightenment? Just call it peak happiness.

Since enlightenment implies knowledge and knowledge does not equal happiness.

Happiness is the goal right or is it knowledge? 
janesix
janesix
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't think enlightenment, by my definition, would necessarily cause happiness. What if you found out reality really sucks?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
I don't think enlightenment, by my definition, would necessarily cause happiness. What if you found out reality really sucks?
Well then guess you are enlightened but why do you want to be when you can avoid that and be happy?

ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
I'm not sure why you just wouldn't call it education then. Or understanding. THe term enlightenment seems to carry with it unnecessary spiritual baggage. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@ludofl3x
I think enlightenment would be spiritual, but I could be wrong. That is why I said "not necessarily" spiritual. 

I believe in God. I've had spiritual experiences. But I could be crazy, and my enlightenment might be that atheists are correct. I could be just wrong, and reality consists of something entirely else. Like, it just plain exists as it is, with no creator, but with a consciousness which I call God who is not a creator.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@janesix

In your  case it will require work because you passed puberty a long time ago and never reached any stage of enlightenment.

Let us say you begin at the stage of stupidity and do meditation for  a month. You will come to the realization by keeping your mouth shut for a month you said less stupid  things than you normally would have. Enlightenment stage one.

Now block your mind from your stupid thoughts and focus on the meditation. You will come to the realization by blocking out stupid thoughts for a month you had less stupid thoughts than you normally would have. Less speaking and thinkng stupid. Enlightenment stage two.

By keeping your legs folded and your hands safely on either side of you in a lotus position. You will come to the realization by maintaining the lotus position for  a month you did  less stupid things than you normally would have. Less speaking and less thinking and less doing stupid things. Enlightenment stage three.

When you spend some time in your third stage of enlightenment and see the benefits of avoiding stupid things you can then start helping others who are still struggling with stupidity. Less speaking, less thinking, less doing stupid things and now helping others overcome their stupidity. Enlightenment stage four.

Harikrish spiritual leader.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
harikrish has lied about his enlightment, dont trust him
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
A paper proving enlightenment lol. Enlightenment is surpassing your level of consciousness, it's simple with many layers. What is surpassing "proof" to you? To me, the way i see it, is who are you to define the measures of proof? Who is anyone to define the measures of proof when they can't even prove why i am here other than sperm and crawling out of a pussy. Prove to me why anything exists.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
There is no end to enlightenment for finite beings bc we will die before we can fully realize it. But in the finite sense, it means looking above yourself. Wherever you are consciously, there is a level above you. Just like there is level above a dog and a human. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
A paper proving enlightenment lol.
Using the best way we can to state something is funny?
You either don't know what you just brushed aside or you are intentionally brushing things off so you don't have to understand hard truths. I go with the latter given our earlier conversations where you don't know yeah you need evidence for points but guess people don't even know the fundamentals of an argument or they don't care.
What is surpassing "proof" to you?
Proof of an enlightenment. I like how you act like Mopac. Conflate many things into one then make my positions seem even worse given your interpretation of a word. Your interpretation is unfair and uncalled for. The question should state if you are care about engaging instead of acting like a child. What would you consider proof of an enlightenment? 
who are you to define the measures of proof?
Who are you to define enlightenment surpassing consciousness? Oh wait so you are not a neurologist or a scientist that has any qualifications to talk like with the claims you are talking about. I am simply stating what science hasn't done. Science has yet to find this "enlightenment" and since things are attached to the observable it is well within the realm of science to find out so don't come to me with well science can't find the answer. I am denying that and saying wait for evidence instead of jumping the gun. You have already done so and it is doubtful you care about what I say so keep thinking whatever you want. Just remember you are an irrational human linking personal experiences to some sort of higher abstract concept you can't even begin to understand given I think you lack knowledge on the subject. I don't need to be qualified to tell you, you are uniformed. In order to demonstrate in great depth I think I would need to be qualified. 
Who is anyone to define the measures of proof when they can't even prove why i am here other than sperm and crawling out of a pussy. 
This exact same question can be levied at your phony beliefs. I'll wait for you answer so I will simply repeat what you said in a different context.
Prove to me why anything exists.
Outplayz
Outplayz
intentionally brushing things off 
Brushing aside what? All i'm saying is our current day knowledge is lower consciousness that it will be... just like you are, and everyone. 

Proof of an enlightenment.
Evolution of human psych. 

Who are you to define enlightenment surpassing consciousness? 
Funny in that paragraph, i'm not a neurologist, but i play golf twice a week with one. lol. Anyways, kinda psychic on your part... but all i'm saying enlightenment is the evolution of the psychy... if you don't get that it's not my problem. 

This exact same question can be levied at your phony beliefs. 
What beliefs? I'm calling things out how i see it. You're a master at spinning strawman. 

I see what we call an apple therefore apple exists.
Sure, everything you see exists. And everything i see exists. So perception is the only reality? If that's the case, i just don't believe you and i think there is more to what use present day apes know. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
You create your own spiritual experiences inside your own head. Just as you create the notion God and the notion of enlightenment.

A state of enlightenment would therefore, only be an assumption, probably more relative to physical and psychological wellbeing rather than assumed spirituality.

After all, you probably only feel spiritual when you feel physically well and mentally positive.

So assumed enlightenment is unlikely to be a permanent state anyway.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@zedvictor4
You create your own spiritual experiences inside your own head. Just as you create the notion God and the notion of enlightenment.

A state of enlightenment would therefore, only be an assumption, probably more relative to physical and psychological wellbeing rather than assumed spirituality.

After all, you probably only feel spiritual when you feel physically well and mentally positive.

So assumed enlightenment is unlikely to be a permanent state anyway.

Enlightenment as outlined by Harikrish is a progressive process.

Janesix asked: Does enlightenment require work on our part, or is it just a stage in our existence, like puberty?

Harikrish wrote: In your  case it will require work because you passed puberty a long time ago and never reached any stage of enlightenment.

Let us say you begin at the stage of stupidity and do meditation for  a month. You will come to the realization by keeping your mouth shut for a month you said less stupid  things than you normally would have. Enlightenment stage one.

Now block your mind from your stupid thoughts and focus on the meditation. You will come to the realization by blocking out stupid thoughts for a month you had less stupid thoughts than you normally would have. Less speaking and thinkng stupid. Enlightenment stage two.

By keeping your legs folded and your hands safely on either side of you in a lotus position. You will come to the realization by maintaining the lotus position for  a month you did  less stupid things than you normally would have. Less speaking and less thinking and less doing stupid things. Enlightenment stage three.

When you spend some time in your third stage of enlightenment and see the benefits of avoiding stupid things you can then start helping others who are still struggling with stupidity. Less speaking, less thinking, less doing stupid things and now helping others overcome their stupidity. Enlightenment stage four.

Harikrish spiritual leader.