The real reason why gay men are promiscuous

Author: dylancatlow

Total: 7
dylancatlow
Debates: 0
dylancatlow
It is a common trope that gay men are more prone than other demographics to engage in frequent casual sex, which accurately reflects my own experience. This, I think, can be explained simply by the fact that for a gay man, the only barrier to having sex is another man's willingness to have sex with him, and since males are by far the sluttier of the two genders, this amounts to a very low barrier indeed. Thus, it's not the case that straight men aren't slutty, but rather that in most cases they are kept from being as slutty as they want to be due to the shortage of loose women willing to have a one-night stand.

Notice that gay males are the only ones who are both attracted to men (the sluttier and therefore easier-to-sleep-with gender) and male themselves (and therefore slutty themselves). 

The intention of this post isn't to promote homophobia, but rather to offer an alternative explanation to the one typically used to explain gay promiscuity, namely one appealing to the "moral degeneracy" of gay culture and gays themselves. 
TheAtheist
Debates: 36
TheAtheist
-->
@dylancatlow
The intention of this post isn't to promote homophobia, but rather to offer an alternative explanation to the one typically used to explain gay promiscuity, namely one appealing to the "moral degeneracy" of gay culture and gays themselves. 
Is promiscuity necessarily morally degenerate? As long as your sex is consensual, with someone above the age of consent, and you are both not cheating on your partner, then that sex is perfectly moral.
dylancatlow
Debates: 0
dylancatlow
-->
@TheAtheist
I didn't say it was. That's why I put "morally degenerate" in quotes. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
agree
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
Well.

He pretty much called a sexual preferance degenrate. More than likely due to the Religion he was born into. Not realizing why gays are like who they are instead go for the false version of well God said don't do bad. People did now we have gays. This also bears into question why would God punish you for being gay even though you weren't the one who did bad? Basically cliche Biblical dumb stuff. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@dylancatlow
We loose sight of the innate reason for male promiscuity. 

It doesn't matter how you get your kicks, the reason always stays the same.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@dylancatlow
To avoid the STDs, I don't want any sex in my life.