Climate Change

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 28
--> @TheRealNihilist
sure however the argument is that the climate change "solutions" would restrict what people can do and would make their lives not as enjoyable.  For me not having my own vehicle and being forced to take public transportation is a big one.  Forcing me to purchase an electric car with all the huge problems they bring would hamper my enjoyment and freedom to do what I want, when I want.
My Dad has a friend, few storms back they had to evacuate Florida, his friend has a Tesla.  The range on it couldn't get him out of Florida before it need a recharge which takes about an hour.  Just an example of what I don't want.
sure however the argument is that the climate change "solutions" would restrict what people can do and would make their lives not as enjoyable
Not if the government incentives nuclear power. Nuclear power is the best step forward moving away from fossil fuels. Less damage and more safe than that as well. It has a bad rep and for some reason fossil fuels don't have the same. Guess the profiteers are doing a good job at advertising.
For me not having my own vehicle and being forced to take public transportation is a big one.
Electric cars by 2030. Joke. Vehicles would be difficult to change. I think when electric cars become the better alternative. I don't see the need of buying standard cars. Better as in cheaper and more accessible as in electric stations are everywhere.
would hamper my enjoyment and freedom to do what I want, when I want.
You would have to agree you are limiting your freedom to a certain extent. Sure you can possibly pick up your gun and kill someone who really pisses you off but you have personally restricted yourself into not doing it given the state enforced laws.
My Dad has a friend, few storms back they had to evacuate Florida, his friend has a Tesla.  The range on it couldn't get him out of Florida before it need a recharge which takes about an hour.  Just an example of what I don't want.
I heard a different story. They go really far if you charge them. Guess they must've forgot. 
--> @TheRealNihilist
Evolution.

You cannot separate humankind and it's actions from nature. No matter how hard you think about it.