Would it be possible to have a character counter on forum posts?

Author: Imabench

Total: 7
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
DDO, as bad as it got in the end, did manage to maintain at least one thing right towards the end in that when users were creating posts. There was a little counter at the bottom of the screen showing how many characters you had left before you hit the max limit of a forum post, and if you started approaching the max limit you could edit your sentences more carefully so that you could say what you wanted to say while keeping it all in a single post.... On here though, not only is there no counter at the bottom to give you an idea of how much space you have left, but the limit of 5000 characters is substantially smaller than the DDO max of 8000 which close to all of us were used to since nearly all of us came from DDO in the first place.

Rather then raise the cap on how many characters a forum post can have (5000 I can work with, I dont post massive things THAT often), would it be possible to just have the little counter so that we can still figure out how close or far we are before hitting the cap limit on a post? 
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Imabench
Pff, that's not a problem at all, your wish will be granted :)

The only problem ( as it is now with the debate arguments ) is that the counter will be approximate, because of the markup it's really difficult to make it precise but I guess it will be just good enough :)

I am working on a huge refactoring and will add the counter along the way, alongside bug fixes and performance improvements.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
dope

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@DebateArt.com
The only problem ( as it is now with the debate arguments ) is that the counter will be approximate, because of the markup it's really difficult to make it precise 

Oh thats fine, as long as i have a rough idea of how much space is left then it should be easy to navigate with
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Imabench
Alrighty then :)
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
Airmax has returned and has vowed to overthrow Juggle and rebuild DDO "from the ashes".
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Death23
I think it's a bit too late to do that lol