POOR = BAD

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 99
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
Many people seem to think that poor people are poor primarily because they are bad people.

Poor people are lazy, fundamentally and incurably stupid and/or evil (criminal), or intellectually deaf and blind.

Case closed. Let's all go back to our bubbles.

For example,

We reason that it's ok for Mario to kill goombas because they're dumb and they're in his way. [LINK]

POOR = BAD IS A MYTH.

It's the same myth that allowed American settlers to massacre scores of "godless heathen savages" because they're dumb and they're in their way.

Let me ask you a question,

(1) Do you believe that every infant has an equally fair shot at becoming a billionaire?

I'm going to guess you would answer "no".

Let me ask you another question,

(2) What do you believe are the primary factors that grant some infants an ADVANTAGE over the others?

Here's an interesting hypothesis, [LINK]

Your scathing critique is requested.

+proHUMAN +proFAMILY
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
POOR = BAD IS A MYTH.
Rich people are good >< bad people are poor. 

Yeah, tell that to all of Jeffery Epsteins male friends. Ex Trump.  Those who are not a cult follower know Trump is a sexual predator and should be in same prison Epstein was in.  He may very be there in time. We can only hope.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
1. of course not

"How is it that two children living just a few blocks from each other can have radically different chances in life?"

It seems painfully obvious to me that the success stories that do come out of these areas, the children credit their parent/parents/grandparents/foster parents/adoptive parents etc  Though some succeed in spite for the parents.

Are there not some who have the best of kindergarten teachers etc and yet are failures.  Same can be said those from well off families.

it is more difficult growing up poor and in certain areas, it's a generational thing to a large degree.  Generally they are selfish and not doing what they could to ensure a better life for their children, breaking the cycle.  Generation on welfare or criminals.  Is it the responsibility of the schools to raise and train our children in the values of hard work, responsibility etc?  It shouldn't be.  Often parents will sacrifice much to give their children what they need educationally if they don't feel they are getting it at school.  Helping your child with homework, studying, makes sure their assignments are done....so many blame the schools rather than correctly placing the responsibility where it really belongs.
It's a very complicated and multifaceted issue to be sure.
the crime we witness, 60 some all rushing a wallgreens and stealing, rioting in the guise of protest,  remember the mom who grabbed her son and beat him because he was with antifa?  More of that needs to happen.  That's really where it starts.  You can have the best teachers but if the students are disruptive, disrespectful etc then it really doesn't matter much.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
...remember the mom who grabbed her son and beat him because he was with antifa?  More of that needs to happen.
I'm not sure more child abuse will fix any of this.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
lol I'd hardly call what she was doing child abuse given the size/age disparity, more like tough love.  Point is she was not going to tolerate his behavior and was involved in what he was doing, what he does at some level, unlike a child waving what looks like a real gun around at a school yard.
This really isn't all that uncommon a thing.  Even in nature.  Can't tell you the name but you could probably find it.  The bull/alpha male of an elephant herd was killed, the juveniles became aggressive, tearing up the local villages and even attacking and injuring other elephants.  Long story short, they brought in another adult to be the alpha and all of the behavior went away.  The dominant male or female keeps the younger and subordinates in line, humans aren't that much different imo.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The dominant male or female keeps the younger and subordinates in line, humans aren't that much different imo.
When does and adult human stop trying to equate elephants only  with mature adult humans?

The answer is when they become a mature adult human.

We have how many species of animals in the animal kingdom?  And how do we know when they are behaving in a mature fashion/behaviour?

The world is not  black and white, or elephants and humans. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
it is not black and white that's true, but dominance is a trait of most if not all animals.  proper behavior is learned and taught, if it is not you have people/animals acting badly, chaotically, selfishly, dangerously, whatever word you want to use.
were you born with your values or were you taught/learned them?  obviously some are not taught or learned by everyone, or perhaps to a very small degree, insufficiently to be good members of society.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
lol I'd hardly call what she was doing child abuse given the size/age disparity, more like tough love.  Point is she was not going to tolerate his behavior and was involved in what he was doing, what he does at some level, unlike a child waving what looks like a real gun around at a school yard.
This really isn't all that uncommon a thing.  Even in nature.  Can't tell you the name but you could probably find it.  The bull/alpha male of an elephant herd was killed, the juveniles became aggressive, tearing up the local villages and even attacking and injuring other elephants.  Long story short, they brought in another adult to be the alpha and all of the behavior went away.  The dominant male or female keeps the younger and subordinates in line, humans aren't that much different imo.
I get it.  We should act more like animals.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@3RU7AL
3ru----"I get it.  We should act more like animals."
Humans are animals and not all animals are created equal and same goes for just the human animal.

Males may be larger and generally more aggresive --because of testosterone--- but that does not always equate to males being more dominant in humans or all animal species.

When do we see a single elephant doing a mass-killing of male and female elephants using their { dominant? } trunk?

When do we see a single meerkat doing a mass-killing of other male and female meerkats using their paw?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
many kill their own kind far less often, so yes maybe we should be.  boys growing up with not positive role models is a huge factor.  I know you know this and are just trying to be unnecessarily argumentative.  You can pretend you don't follow the analogy but I know you are much smarter than that.  Some moms can fill that role to a point but it's not the same and we are seeing the results.  How many criminals are from traditional homes compared to broken homes?  I only bring that up for other readers since you know darn well it's a major causative factor.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
I thought the point was obvious but I'll expand it I guess.  The aggression, lack of morals, self control, responsibility, is, in large part, due to the lack of a dominant role model to keep them in check and teach them.  This has escalated to the increased violence we see today.  Society is becoming more and more desensitized to the violence for a number of reasons.  As the number of "feral" children increase the crime probably will.  The Walgreens raid is a pretty good example.  These braisen events will increase in frequency and intensity.
Consider this, lack of consequence for many who rioted and burned down businesses which they called "protests"
Now these organized robberies and looting with little to no consequences.  For many and the number is increasing there is no fear of prison or consequences.  The social moral decay is at a crisis imo.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The social moral decay is at a crisis imo.
Yeah I agree, just look at President of USA for moral decay children and immature adults can idolize every day.

Just look at who supports him and helped him to get him into office. Ex Putin { moral decrepitude }.

Putin is dominant as is Trump. H,mmm
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
it's sad TDS has blinded you to the fact this problem has been going on for a long time before Trump, riots and mass murders etc happened under St. Obama but until people like you can see the forest for the trees we will continue to spin our wheels, so sad.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
...until people like you can see the forest for the trees we will continue to spin our wheels, so s.ad."

Sad that you can only see the forest and refuse to look at the individual tree whose roots  spread as hate .and shoot bad seed

Rich are good >< bad are poor

The forest is rich with diversity and opportunity of many varing seed.

The single tree feels alone and sometimes rooted in poor soil and allows it to revert to a narrow path of destruction of self and sometimes its surrounding environment. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ebuc
you are correct I look at all the murder victims and their families (the forest), you just look at those of mass murders only (the tree)  your path is narrow, do you consider those murdered but not in a mass murder, weeds that need to be pulled out?
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
Many people seem to think that poor people are poor primarily because they are bad people.
Who are these people? And why would the poor concern themselves with the opinions of these alleged people?

Poor people are lazy, fundamentally and incurably stupid and/or evil (criminal), or intellectually deaf and blind.
Well some could be. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Do you believe that every infant has an equally fair shot at becoming a billionaire?
What is "fair"? If by fair you mean prone to the same outcome, then that is nonsensical. Wealth is derived from a value-based system of exchange where scarcity is its metric. Being a "billionaire" would have no significance if everyone else was a billionaire.

What do you believe are the primary factors that grant some infants an ADVANTAGE over the others?
Talent, skill, intelligence, diligence, nepotism, inheritance, culture, etc. Take your pick.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
you are correct I look at all the murder victims and their families (the forest), you just look at those of mass murders only (the tree)  your path is narrow, do you consider those murdered but not in a mass murder, weeds that need to be pulled out?
Sorry DP and 3Ru7, my last analog or metaphorical scenario was an attempt to connect the thread with mass murder etc and was poorly thought out.

My bad. Thanks 3Ru7 for the thread. I will exit stage left.....before I snaggle puss this narrative any , again my apologies to all.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
When do we see a single elephant doing a mass-killing of male and female elephants using their { dominant? } trunk?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
3Ru7, my apologies are in #17.  Please save us from the featherless, Greykuckoo  bird ........thanks
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
3Ru7, my apologies are in #17.  Please save us from the featherless, Greykuckoo  bird ........thanks
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
I would suggest that the primary factor is conditioning.

Though it is fair to say that physiological attributes related to skill, talent and inheritance are probably pre-conditioned.

Nonetheless, how or if we decide to utilise inherent traits, will be dependant upon how we are conditioned.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
many kill their own kind far less often, so yes maybe we should be.  boys growing up with not positive role models is a huge factor.  I know you know this and are just trying to be unnecessarily argumentative.  You can pretend you don't follow the analogy but I know you are much smarter than that.  Some moms can fill that role to a point but it's not the same and we are seeing the results.  How many criminals are from traditional homes compared to broken homes?  I only bring that up for other readers since you know darn well it's a major causative factor.
We already agree that families with both birth parents are ideal.

What is your proposal to "fix" single parent families?

Ripping children away from their birth parent does NOT improve outcomes.

Here's what "natural law" and "natural order" looks like, [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I thought the point was obvious but I'll expand it I guess.  The aggression, lack of morals, self control, responsibility, is, in large part, due to the lack of a dominant role model to keep them in check and teach them.
There seems to be a strong interest in the "ALPHA MALE" idea at the moment.

This has escalated to the increased violence we see today.
When young men are told they should be "ALPHA MALE", this tends to escalate violence.

Society is becoming more and more desensitized to the violence for a number of reasons. 
How do our heroes in popular culture solve their problems?  Deadpool, Punisher, Bat-man, Spider-man, Super-man, they all resort to physical violence. [LINK]

As the number of "feral" children increase the crime probably will.
Oh, you mean children whose parent has to work long hours in order to pay rent?

The Walgreens raid is a pretty good example.  These braisen events will increase in frequency and intensity.
Consider this, lack of consequence for many who rioted and burned down businesses which they called "protests"
Now these organized robberies and looting with little to no consequences.  For many and the number is increasing there is no fear of prison or consequences.  The social moral decay is at a crisis imo.
We agree that criminals should be assigned punishment proportional to their crime.

The point here is to try and solve the problem of criminal behavior BEFORE it happens.

Throwing poor children from single parent families in prison costs $31,000.00 per person per year.  And once they're "in the system" they have an 80% chance of being in prison for the rest of their lives.

Immigrant detainees cost $73,000 per person per year.

DOESN'T IT MAKE SENSE TO SPEND HALF THAT TO PROVIDE BASIC FOOD, CLOTHING AND SHELTER FOR THESE PEOPLE?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
there is so much that could and needs to be done.  Society can't be fixed because there's just no honest will to do so.  I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but kids would be robbed for their name brand sneakers.  People have become attention whores.  Then there's the hypersexual tv, video games, clothing etc etc  Drugs and crime are glorified.  They seem to like these life styles and only a few rise above it, those are the ones who succeed.  Throwing money at a problem doesn't work, it never really has afaik.
To you believe the money that went to Baltimore was used appropriately?  Talk about a tale of 2 cities.

If you don't like the word alpha we can use strong leader, positive role model whatever, I find them interchangeable in this context.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
there is so much that could and needs to be done. 
Details please.

Society can't be fixed because there's just no honest will to do so. 
You have no plan because you IMAGINE the task is impossible?  TRY FORMULATING A PLAN.

Don't just throw your hands in the air (and wave them like you just don't care).

I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but kids would be robbed for their name brand sneakers. 
Yes, crime is the problem we're trying to solve.  People have been stealing things for thousands of years.

People have become attention whores. 
People who don't get enough healthy attention from their parents as children become obsessed with getting people to look at them.

Also there's a natural spike in the pursuit of social-acceptance in the teen years that appears to be part of normal development.

Then there's the hypersexual tv, video games, clothing etc etc  Drugs and crime are glorified. 
Fertility goddess idols are some of the oldest objects made by humans.  Sex and violence are nothing new.

Drugs are dopamine triggers.  The solution to this particular "problem" is, [LINK]

They seem to like these life styles and only a few rise above it, those are the ones who succeed.
Part of the confusion over the whole issue is about how to measure "success".

Is the man who lives a working-class lifestyle with a 40 year long marriage and 3 happy children better (for society) than the billionaire rock-star sociopath entrepreneur?

Throwing money at a problem doesn't work, it never really has afaik.
Throwing money at bureaucracy is often inefficient.  Throwing money at government is often inefficient.

Throwing money at individuals is often more productive than you might expect. [LINK]

Let's try to rely less on our hunches and more on COLD HARD DATA.

To you believe the money that went to Baltimore was used appropriately?  Talk about a tale of 2 cities.
Throwing money at bureaucracy is often inefficient.  Throwing money at government is often inefficient.

If you don't like the word alpha we can use strong leader, positive role model whatever, I find them interchangeable in this context.
I don't care what word you use.  ALPHA MALE is a popular (and I believe toxic) ideal.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
I think your idea is headed in the right direction, but rather pay people to do good we could reward people when they do good.
a system could be put in place where a child/parent is rewarded for grades or staying out of trouble, perhaps doing community service, mentoring etc

this money would be kept for college/trade school, whatever.  Again I remember seeing it but don't recall the name.  High risk kids in a very poor area had the opportunity to earn money by meeting very low standards, like showing up for school and getting at least a C average, if you got higher the reward reflected it.  they could get as much as $100, I don't recall the exact criteria or time frame.
I would like your idea to be more of a reward/earned system rather than an entitlement.  There's a happy medium between the ideas imo.  
They system needs to be setup so you earn your way to the total freedom of your idea.  Some will not have the competency or ability to handle such a system as you described.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you believe that every infant has an equally fair shot at becoming a billionaire?

You might actually be surprised on how many people would say yes to this...
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I think your idea is headed in the right direction, but rather pay people to do good we could reward people when they do good.
a system could be put in place where a child/parent is rewarded for grades or staying out of trouble, perhaps doing community service, mentoring etc
I agree.  I'm not 100% confident but I've toyed around with an idea that citizens get a bonus at the end of the year if they get no traffic tickets or criminal charges.  This bonus would scale with inflation and increase by some small percentage each year, rewarding someone who has been a good citizen for 3, 4 or 5 years in-a-row more than someone who has only gone 1 year without an incident.

this money would be kept for college/trade school, whatever.  Again I remember seeing it but don't recall the name.  High risk kids in a very poor area had the opportunity to earn money by meeting very low standards, like showing up for school and getting at least a C average, if you got higher the reward reflected it. 
Good idea.  Fix-US should include a similar incentive.  I'm thinking brain-scans would be the most comprehensive measure of overall health. [LINK]

they could get as much as $100, I don't recall the exact criteria or time frame.
I would like your idea to be more of a reward/earned system rather than an entitlement. 
Whatever you want to call it.  My focus is on the function of a peaceful society.

There's a happy medium between the ideas imo.  
They system needs to be setup so you earn your way to the total freedom of your idea.  Some will not have the competency or ability to handle such a system as you described.
We will likely need an alternative system for the bottom 10% of the IQ range (lead poisoned).  Even the military can't find an effective way to exploit them. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You might actually be surprised on how many people would say yes to this...
Would you care to make such a case?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@3RU7AL
Would you care to make such a case?

Lmao hell no.

But I was having a conversation with my dad during a long drive a few weeks ago, a kind of informal debate the topic of which would be "The United States Political System is Overall Meritocratic in Nature" and he tried to convince me of something along those lines at one point.