Girls should be allowed to join the Boyscouts of America

Author: Pinkfreud08

Total: 51
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
My argument for why girls should be allowed to join is pretty simple and straight forward, 

1. Girls get an opportunity to become an eagle scout which is rather useful for job applications. 

2. The troops aren't coed, so this means the girls and boys get to choose whether or not they want to do events with one another 

The reason why I bring this up is that one of the strongest arguments I've heard is that it's pushing girls into boy scouts, 

When in reality if anything it gives troops even more freedom of choice since now boys and girls can interact in a camp/meeting setting which in turn brings unity between the sexes. 

3. Girls get to learn useful skills in Boy scouts that they wouldn't otherwise learn in girl scouts. 

This includes, 

- Survival skills IE pocket knife safety and how to start a fire 

- Leadership through planning meetings and organizing campouts and hikes. Not to mention useful courses such as NYLT ( National Youth Leadership Training ) and getting inducted into the order of the arrow. 

- They also get to have lots of fun.

These are arguably the bulk of why I think it would be a good idea for girls to join the BSA, or now SOA. 

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Boi scouts never let us sell brownies like the girl guides

All we do is tie knots :(

I feel that they have it better
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Equal opportunities for bi-curious paedophiles.

I remember back in the day we had an old scout leader named Ron who was grabbing your dick at every opportunity.

Back in the day, such behaviour was regarded as the norm.

Funny how things change. 

Though I'm sure that latterly we've become more neurotic as a species, due to our preoccupation with sexuality and political correctness.

Anyway; Boy Scouts and Girl Guides will no longer do, so the current names need to be replaced.

Gender Neutral what?

TheAtheist
Debates: 36
TheAtheist
-->
@Pinkfreud08
I think that we should rename the Boyscouts of America to just Scouts of America, or something similar. Then, the girls would be able to join, and there would be no confusion over why there are girls in boyscouts.

For example, in the Soviet Union, there were the Pioneers, similar to American boy scouts but with both male and female members.
TheAtheist
TheAtheist
-->
@zedvictor4
"Anyway; Boy Scouts and Girl Guides will no longer do, so the current names need to be replaced.

Gender Neutral what?"
Something along the lines of "Scouts of America" or "Youth Scouts of America" would be good.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
I was kicked out of boy scouts for eatin brownies....  ;--)

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@ebuc
I´m surprised you were in boy scouts.  If you were, you certainly don´t follow the Scout Law.  Like if you agree so I can maybe get to 25.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
I´m surprised you were in boy scouts.  If you were, you certainly don´t follow the Scout Law.  Like if you agree so I can maybe get to 25
You didnt get the joke.  Serious types dont usually have a since of humor and often miss the joke.

..."I was kicked out of boy scouts for eatin brownies....  ;--)"... Do you get the joke now?

I remmeber,as a 9 year old, a house I used to pass, where the house mother had brownie meetings and I would see these girls in their brownies uniforms and there was junior brownies who had blue uniforms with their blue caps.. Axtually they may have been bluebirds.

Around 6 years old I went to Boy Scout jamboree with my older brother. He was not a boy scout so  not sure how we got in.

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Some objections:

1. The Boy Scouts have always been a boys' space. Where they can be themselves without being sh*tted on by society for it. If girls are allowed in, eventually you'll have woman scoutmasters who'll approach scouting from a woman's perspective, which typically means harshly prohibiting any and all rough play, which can be good and healthy for boys and also a lot of fun depending on how it's done.

2. Many such guys, being still young and dominated by their hormones, will excessively try to attract the attention of a female scout. Some of them will cross the line into harassment or even worse. At this point, it'll be reported on by the media, and the response, of course, will be to sh*t on boys for being their natural selves in what's supposed to be a boys' space.

3. Related to the second point, many such guys will be distracted by a pretty girl and not take scouting as seriously. If the response to this, of course, is to blame the boys in question for being distractable, then once again they'll be sh*tting on boys for being their natural selves in what's supposed to be a boys' space.

In short, this will invite misandry to a boys' space, which is literal insanity.
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Swagnarok
Aright perfect a disagreement! 

Would you be interested in having a debate because I started this forum to find a decent opponent to debate this topic with? 

Someone who wouldn't just forfeit the entire debate as I've had a lot of those recently. 

If you decline that's perfectly fine and I'll just simply respond to your comment here. 

If you agree to the debate PM me so we can discuss the rules, title, ETC. 

Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@TheAtheist
The BSA has already changed its name to scouts of America. Or are at bear minimum transitioning into that name. 

The latest uniforms I've seen from our sister troop 22 has had scouts of America on their uniforms rather than girl scouts or boy scouts. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Why don't you @ me for a debate :(
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@PressF4Respect
I mean were you actually serious in your argument? Because I took it as a joke. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Pinkfreud08
"There is a grain of truth in every joke." - Sigmund Freud

Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@PressF4Respect
Well even if we interpret the joke as true, it's irrelevant to the topic. 

After all the topic is whether or not girls should be allowed to join boy scouts, not whether or not girl scouts is superior to boy scouts or vice versa.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Of course they should not
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Don't worry I'm 100% serious in my debates.

I also debate really goodly.

I also consider this topic to be an intellectually-stimulating opportunity to (scientifically speaking) "flex my brain muscles".

In all seriousness though I would be willing to debate on this topic.
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@PressF4Respect
Alright I'll be happy to debate you, Let's talk via PM from now on. Looking at a few of your debates you seem like a good debater so I'd be happy to debate you. 
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Swagnarok
Sorry I found someone else :-( 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheAtheist
"Scouts" has inherent gender specific association. Something for the liberal P.C. mob to get orgasmic about.

TheAtheist
TheAtheist
-->
@zedvictor4
The word "scout" is gender-neutral. I don't know what you're talking about.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
While were at it, can we also have attack and defense helicopters added to
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
added to what?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
Boy scouts
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You mean Scouts of America, RIGHT?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
No BOY scouts
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
*PC mode activate*

SCREEEEEEEEEEE
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
REEE
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
EEEEEEEEEE
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheAtheist
You seem to find it hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Now just think, why would the word "scout" in relation to the topic under discussion, be inherently gender specific.