Global Warming Breaks July Records

Author: ebuc

Total: 54
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
..."July 2019 has replaced July 2016 as the hottest month on record, with meteorologists saying that global temperatures marginally exceeded the previous record.

.....The European Union's Copernicus Climate Change Programme, which analyzes temperature data from around the planet, said that July was around 0.56 °C warmer than the global average temperature between 1981-2010.
That's slightly hotter than July 2016, when the world was in the throes of one of the strongest El Niño events on record.

..El Niño events are characterized by warming of the ocean waters in the Pacific Ocean and have a pronounced warming effect on the Earth's average temperature.

...Though there was a weak El Niño in place during the first part of 2019, it is transitioning to a more neutral phase, making the extreme July temperatures even more alarming."....

Duhh!

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Even though the 1300's to 1700's was CALLED THE MINI ICE AGE

Warming up now is normal

Medieval people talked about the warming up, it's a cycle

DUHHHH
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Normal is as normal does.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
yep
ebuc
ebuc

.."Dorian Breaking Records

That same wind speed — 185 mph — puts Hurricane Dorian second on the list of Atlantic storms with the fastest recorded winds. The only stronger storm was Hurricane Allen in 1980, with sustained winds at 190 mph.".....

..."Hurricane Dorian intensified into a Category 5 on Sunday morning, becoming the fifth Atlantic hurricane in the past four years to reach this highest level on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
Dorian's intensification into a Category 5 marked the fourth year in a row the Atlantic basin has had at least one hurricane reach that strength. That's the most consecutive years on record with at least one Category 5 in the Atlantic, topping a three-year stretch from 2003 to 2005."...

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dorain is a normal hurricane
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
funny thing about "records" there has to be a high and a low for there to even be a "record" anything, records are meant to be broken as they say, happens in sports all the time.  records breaking fish, # of animals, size etc etc  Now if the record is broken every year in the same direction, that would be something to worry about.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
No, breaking warming records is normal

14 days later

Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@zedvictor4
Except the little ice age was a smaller change that happened over a longer period of time.

We also know what caused it, solar activity and extra volcanoes... it wasnt some cycle, it wasnt the much slowler 1000s years real ice age. It was specific events. 

This time its also natural. A specific animal is producing too much of something. Nature has ways to balance those out, lets try to do it ourselves before nature kills us.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Nemiroff
This time its also natural. A specific animal is producing too much of something. Nature has ways to balance those out, lets try to do it ourselves before nature kills us.
Your in denial of truth, if not also the facts.

Humans are a part of nature as any other phenomena. 

The writing on the wall is more than just children around the world leaving school and marching to the same tune.

Their reading the writing of their future and they will not be silent or passive about Erractic Climate Change and humans natures part in it.

Many of us --ex me-- will be long dead when some of what due to hit in 50 to 100 years from now as were only experiencing tip of a relatively and potentially extremme global climate change far faster than the ice age we have been entering for a few years now.

Get real dude and get your self educated and  place your ego to the side.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Nemiroff
Yep.

What you are saying is that everything is real.

And I assume that everything is real.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
The writing is on the wall but some sseemingly mature adults have a mental block to literacy. Go figure.  There is a cult going on around here.

..."Between July 31 and Aug. 3 alone, more than 58 billion tons melted from the surface. The average for this time of year is less than 18 billion tons. And that doesn’t even count the huge calving events or the warm water eating away at the glaciers from below."...

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Nemiroff
Like the polar bear, man has no natural predators, so the only way nature can balance the population is through starvation.

Every time I see a video of a starving polar bear, I clap for the balance of nature.
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@Greyparrot
You act as if nature has a will. If that was so, we would have been culled long ago. There is no magical check, it was simply coincidence due to species unable to plan for the future and learn the deeper secrets of their world. Eventually something will come to kill them, something they wont see coming. We can see it coming, whether we do something or not is a different question. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Nemiroff
Every species on the planet has a set time to go.

Do you go gracefully?

15 days later

ebuc
ebuc
The deniers are in denial of truth and facts  and especially two primary considerations both of which
directly assoiated with 7.5 billion humans on Earth

1} regarding well documented, Earths surface temperature is increasing,

2} the increasing surface temperatures are due to human actions and specifically increase of greenhouse gases { green house effect known
to me since at least 1979 } Sad :--( )--:

..."With a landscape covered in snow for much of the year, these forests of spruce, pine, and larch are moist and cool and surprisingly rich in carbon.

...Organic matter tends to accumulate on the taiga floor because the cool conditions suppress decay. In fact, boreal environments store an
estimated one-fifth to one-third of all terrestrial carbon stocks (between the trees and the soils beneath them).

...With all of that fuel on the ground, the forests are prone to large fires in the summer growing season, accounting for about 10 percent of global fire and smoke emissions......
......A growing body of evidence suggests that such fires will become more frequent and more destructive as the planet warms and the growing season lengthens.

...“These adaptations to surviving in fire-prone environments have resulted in very different fire regimes between the continents,” Rogers said. “Given the scale, this may represent the single greatest influence of individual species on continental patterns of carbon and energy flux, except for humans.”

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Nemiroff
Oops I misinterpreted your comments,  your correct about those natural based animals being the cause.

7,5 billion of those mind accessing creatures on Earth and 50% of them want a Jeep Cherokee , even if they have no driveway to park them in ;--)

15 days later

ebuc
ebuc
....."One year ago, the international scientific community could hardly have expected that Greta Thunberg, a teenager from Sweden, would become one of its greatest allies. Since beginning her weekly “School Strike for the Climate,” the petite 16-year-old has skillfully used her public appearances and powerful social media presence to push for bolder global action to reduce carbon emissions.

...“Again and again, the same message,” she tweeted recently. “Listen to the scientists, listen to the scientists. Listen to the scientists!”....

19 days later

ebuc
ebuc

....."There was a natural slowdown in the rate of warming during roughly the decade of the 2000s due to a combination of volcanic influences and internal climate variability, but there was no actual 'hiatus' or 'pause' in warming," Michael Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University and an author of the climate modeling study, said.

......A Lack of Arctic Data
....The notion of a pause in warming from approximately 1998 to 2012, was fueled in part by incomplete data and erroneous projections that have since been corrected, the studies conclude.

......It's long been obvious that if there had been any blip in the trends it was temporary. The years that followed have hit new temperature records.
And new evidence has made clear why some were fooled.".....

22 days later

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Only 12 more years until Global Warming doomsday folks.

Antarctica is going to be a paradise.

I'm old enough to remember 3 previous "scares" the nuclear horror of the 50's and the over-population explosion of the 70's, and the aids apocalypse of the 80's.

Now its Global Warming, aka, climate change. Yawn. Wake me 15 minutes before the world ends.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ethang5
Now its Global Warming, aka, climate change. Yawn. Wake me 15 minutes before the world ends.
Huh? Your confused between nuclear annihilation via hydrogen bombs on land and at sea and resultants of greenhouse effect.

Please share again when your  not so confused and have any actual rational, logical. common sense of relevant significance. Thanks.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ebuc
Huh? Your confused between nuclear annihilation via hydrogen bombs on land and at sea and resultants of greenhouse effect.
No, you are. I said, "I'm old enough to remember 3 previous "scares"...."

Reading comprehension can be your friend. Really.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ethang5
Above is what you stated. Denial of truth makes you look foolish.

..." Your still confused between immediate effects resultantsnuclear annihilation via hydrogen bombs on land and at sea as compared to long term resultants of greenhouse effect. ".......

Pleasetry again when your  not so confused and have any actual rational, logical. common sense of relevant significance. Thanks.

Romper room time is over.  We need mature adults to reply meaningful, considerate comments.You have yet to show evidence of any of the above.

THe year is 2019, not whatever year you think it is. I first read of greenhouse effect i Bucky Fullers book "Critical Path" 1979.

You appear to asleep at the wheel and you car on autmatic forward with no consideration of all that is going on around.  Awaken to truth and wholistic considerations of the world you live in.

ethang5
ethang5

Above is what you stated. Denial of truth makes you look foolish.
I denied nothing in my statement above. But I will defer to the expert on looking foolish.

Pleasetry again when your  not so confused and have any actual rational, logical. common sense of relevant significance. Thanks.
Bolding doesn't make you more credible. Logical things are not things you like. The only one here confused is you. I did not compare global warming with nuclear winter, I said I was old enough to remember the world going after both fads.

We need mature adults to reply meaningful, considerate comments.
We who? Is the gibberish you post mature and meaningful?

I first read of greenhouse effect i Bucky Fullers book "Critical Path" 1979.
Yes, you mention your idol in every other post. B. Fuller was an eccentric loon.

You appear to asleep at....
You've used that tired insult too often. So I dismissed you. If you are going to admonish people to reply with reply meaningful, considerate comments, it helps if your own comments aren't inconsiderate and meaningless.

You aren't the boss, and no one has to do what you like, or meet any standard you've set. And you don't have the right to begin insulting them when your believe they haven't satisfied you.

Calm down. Write in English, take off the striped shirt, and remember, no one cares about Mr. Fuller.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ethang5

Calm down. Write in English, take off the striped shirt, and remember, no one cares about Mr. Fuller.
YOu need to take a look in the mirror, and respond with any shred of rational, logical common sense.

Your still confused and in denial.

Nuclear annihilation via hydrogen bombs has much better chance of "world ending" is ongoing for many years ergo a slow death, not your "15 minutes".

PLease respond when you can learn the differrence between slow death of humanity via resultants of greenhouse effect and,

nuclear animation.   The foolish like are clueless and that is you offer nothing of relevant significance.  Hot air is what you have to offer us. Sad :--(

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ebuc
Yet another post devoid of anything sensible to say.

Like the climate alarmists at COP, you will not understand why the countries did not respond to your wild-eyed rants about climate.

You will go the way of all the other fad surfing chicken littles before you.

Now that you've policed yourself on your weird illogical symbols in your posts, take a look at your spelling and grammar. Your posts are already borderline unreadable.

Hot air is what you have to offer us. 
Us who? There is no one with you. Hardly anyone even responds to you. If you keep behaving like a street corner alarmist, soon, no one will talk to you at all.

No one is "offering" anything to you. You aren't vetting anyone. Pay more attention to your hair-brained posts and poor reading comprehension.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ethang5
Yet another post devoid of anything sensible to say.
You need to take a look in the mirror when responding.  More irrelevant, insignificant hot air. Sad :--( 

Take a hike until you can offer any rational, logical common sense of relevant significance. Immature air farts is all of you have to offer us Sad :--(

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ebuc
No, I will continue to post here for as long as I like. Until you realize you aren't boss, and no one has to do what you like.

Also, stop saying "we" and "us". No one is with you. No one follows you. You mentor no one. You're just a weird guy on the net who knows much less than he actually does.

Immature air farts is all of you have to offer us
I guess this is your example of a mature significant thing to say. Lol.

And by the way, both Trump and Johnson won. Ditto again for 2020. Your world view will need some work.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ethang5
Take a hike Ethang. Your immature  and foolish person with not one shred of any rational, logical common sense to add this topic.

Take a hike Ethang >>>>>

Hit the road Jack >>>>

Move along to find other immature fools who want to play you fools gold game for children.

What a sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity.  You have no business even being in this forum.

Unless your a superdudz type and you are.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ebuc
Take a hike Ethang >>>>>
Hit the road Jack >>>>
No.

Bolding will not give you authority. Stop pretending you can tell anyone what to do. Your time would be better spent on improving your grammar.