God was right about Space

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 59
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
The Bible has got space and the universe correct time and time again,even going against current scientific theories at the time. There is massive credit that needs to be given to the Bible. They are lots of examples. Let’s take Isaiah 40:22 for example which states-”It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:.”Ths description is fitting, the Earth is a circle viewed from the heavens and space. Today we know that the Earth is Round, Satellite images from NASA has confirmed this fact as well as the Biblical quoteFurthermore, Ancient Scientists and well rounded educated people after the 6th Century B.C(599-500) thought the Earth was round with Pythagoras, who was followed by Aristotle, Euclid, and Aristarchus, among others in observing that the earth was a sphere.However, the Book of Isaiah was written in the 8th Century BC making it the first historical account which talked about a round Earth.[LINK],[LINK],[LINK]

The Bible also says that the Earth floats in space on nothing. Consider Job 26:7 which states:”He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.”We now know today that yes, the Earth does hang on nothing. It is freely orbiting around the sun. To prove that the Bible has been correct, the ancient Greeks in the Bronze age when the Book of Job was written.[LINK] believed that the ancient God Titan Atlas held the Earth on his back.[LINK] The Bible has been correct before modern science could confirm it. Ancient people of God was correct while other ancient people without the Christian God were wrong.

The Universe is Expanding and The Bible got it right. Let’s take Isaiah 40:22 again-”it is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:”
This verse also proves that the universe is expanding, basically saying that God has expanded the universe, and spread them out further. We now know today that yes, the universe is
expanding. This fact was proven by the Hubble Space Telescope in 1929.[LINK} The New York Times reports:

“In an expanding universe, the further something is away from you, the faster it is receding. Hubble’s constant tells by how much.But measuring it requires divining the distances of lights in the sky — stars and even whole galaxies that we can never visit or recreate in the lab. The strategy since Hubble’s day has been to find so-called standard candles, stars or whole galaxies whose distances can be calculated by how bright they look from Earth.”[LINK]

The Book of Isaiah was written in the 8th Century B.C,doing some math that means that the people inspired by the Christian God and the Bible knew about the expanding universe 2,629 years before it was officially discovered, this calculation was done by online-calculator[LINK]

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
CONTINUED

Genesis 22:17 states-”I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies.” Genesis 32:12 states the same thing. God has multiplied the offspring of the world based on his creation,the stars. Ancient astronomers such as Claudius Ptolemy thought that there was 1,022 stars.Obviously we know that this is not true. Estimates now are around ten to the 21st power.Another scientific fact confirming the Bible.[LINK]

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@Dr.Franklin

Dr. "C&P" Franklin,

You are as dumbfounded regarding the Bible as the "Satanic Rewriter Of the Bible, TRADESECRETS!"  I have already severely Bible Slapped you upon this topic before, remember?  You perceived to have won the debate because your friends voted for you that had absolutely no idea as well of the true historical understandings of when biblical passages were written, and of what the ancient Hebrews accepted in how their earth was viewed, and that was they thought the earth was FLAT and a FLAT circle!

Ancient Hebrews of Jesus' creation accepted the following link in how their earth was constructed, GET IT???!

Are you and TRADESECRET brothers or family members, maybe cousins, because both of you try in vain to rewrite the Bible to what you want it to be!  The irony is that you two want to be called Christians, NOT!  Priceless comedy.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
But that is what scholars think because they write it off as poetry, IT IS NOT POETRY.

Hebrew Poetry is defined as parallelism so if the Genesis account is poetry we could effectively compare and contrast the two to figure out what is poetry and what is not. Some examples that are made to be poetry is Psalm 104:29-30. These verses show a similar parallel meaning. It tells of God killing and creating the creatures of his Earth through parallelism, This is an excellent example of Hebrew Poetry, so now let’s compare it with Genesis. And there is no parallelism with Genesis. What we are reading is history, not a poem. We can’t distinguish English poems to the Bible we need to include Hebrew Poems and when we do we actually find that the Genesis account is not poetic.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Me and tradesecret dont know eachother
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Hey man, i think you're cool. But... i can take any man made book (especially science of course) and explain whatever i want. Religion is man made. That doesn't make the mystery any more right than wrong... i lean towards spirituality. But, a religious mindset is simply that of a follower. You're good enough... what's the story you would write. That's more interesting... at least relative to me. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
The "man made" book was inspired by God
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Sure... cool. One god... even if it was made by multiple people. It's still one story. Simply one story. God is infinite... it can't be just one story. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
in what way
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
What do you mean? The story? I've learned more about god through comics and reality than i have the Bible... personally. That's one story. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
Oh the story of God, sure the Bible isn't the only thing but a serious one
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Serious is relative... i understand but also don't really... bc i'm not sure what you find serious about the Bible. I think the parable of talents... or proverbs is it... can't remember. But those verses about talents were really inspirational to my life's story.    
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
proverbs is poetry
Outplayz
Outplayz
Oh... that's cool. But i don't believe the whole you have to believe this way to make it to your paradise thing... bc paradise is also relative. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
I dont think that either, heck I;m a old earth creationist
Outplayz
Outplayz
Yeah, if you're not old earth... that's a little too much conspiracy for my liking (the younger earth crowd). Anyways, sure man... everything is cool as long as you realize society is coming with you... that has huge implications.  
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
Yup
Outplayz
Outplayz

People like me... hopefully, if one would join what i find beauty in. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
Brougth a tear to my little black heart
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Well... then as long as you call yourself Christian, bring those ones to the party. Christianity does suck though... it creates haters. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
Haters?, every group,politcal ideology and religion will bring that
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Dr.Franklin
How do you know the Bible was inspired by God?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@janesix
Because Without God, no Bible

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Yeah i guess you're right, and i personally wouldn't have it in other way... they could come to the party too. How could it be any other way unless i want my own narcissistic paradise? I don't know if you like Batman comics. But if you ever want to try out being a Batman type character, i'll be the Joker. That's what i find to be paradise.  
janesix
janesix
-->
@Dr.Franklin
How do you know that
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
Sounds good, I am not that interested in Superheroes though
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in

So Earth is a circle (not a sphere) and the heavens are spread out over it like a tent (not extending in all directions)?

Guess I'm a flat Earther now.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Jesus is a superhero
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@janesix
No not like batman sense, I'm talking about comics
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That's cool. It's up to you. If you're an anime freak like me, or if not look up how many shows... those are all realities... god knows more, infinitley. There will always be something. We will either end up in the same (hey! like this reality), or in one i let my best friend be Batman and i'm working him as Joker. God is infinity... that's tuff.