Goodbye Everyone.

Author: TheAtheist

Total: 23
TheAtheist
Debates: 36
TheAtheist
Goodbye, everyone.
I have decided to leave DebateArt. 

With school starting, I need to concentrate on doing schoolwork so I can get into a good college. I can’t afford to spend time on debating anymore. While this is a fun hobby, my education is much more important to me.

I also want to spend more time doing athletics and I would like to try and find a boyfriend.

Goodbye my friends Loverof12343, christopher_best, Dr.Franklin, Club, TheRealNihilist, Athias, PhilSam95, K_Michael, Speedrace, DebateArt.com, Virtuoso, Pinkfreud08, Phenenas, Alec. Thank you for everything.

Goodbye my opponents crossed, Nicko75442, GuitarSlinger, Mharman, Wylted. Since I’m leaving, I won’t be able to finish my debates with you. I concede all of them, you can win.

Goodbye all other DART users, it was a pleasure being on this website and debating with you. If I was ever rude to any of you, or harmed you in any way, I apologize. 

Thank you everyone for everything. Good luck and goodbye.

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
See you next summer. Bye.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Forgive me, atheist, but I just don't believe it without proof.
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@TheAtheist
We will miss you
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@TheAtheist
F...
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheAtheist
I hope you can fit in a debate at some point before the year end, take it easy my dude
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@RationalMadman
Lmao. Nice
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
You are the dictionary definition of hypocrite.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheAtheist
Take it easy.

You don't need to do be here so do what you want. That is a bad way of me saying great choice. Keep not being here. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
Sorry, just being an atheist.
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@TheAtheist
It was good no know you. Hopefully you return like ratman did. No one can stay away from here for that long. My grammar is better because of you. I use capitals and periods now subconsciously without thinking about it so thank you. That makes life easier on me.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I think if I was going to leave I probably wouldn't announce it. I'd just go.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Castin
I didn't knew you existed before RM told me.

Castin
Castin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Mmkay.

Actually I don't know why Rash would just randomly tell you I existed. Does he randomly tell you that other members exist as well? Like wtf were you supposed to do with that information exactly?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Castin
Actually I don't know why Rash would just randomly tell you I existed. Does he randomly tell you that other members exist as well? Like wtf were you supposed to do with that information exactly?
I heard that you were an inactive moderator. RM said it in a harsher way. 

What did he say about me?

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@TheAtheist
 BYEEEEE

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
What did I say in a harsher way? Can you quote it and provide context?
Castin
Castin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I heard that you were an inactive moderator. RM said it in a harsher way. 

What did he say about me?
I'd actually never heard of you until recently, either.

I have no idea what he said or didn't say. Guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that he was unhappy with me and driven to harshness. But it's true that recusal mods are inactive until there is a special case.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I'd actually never heard of you until recently, either.

I have no idea what he said or didn't say. Guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that he was unhappy with me and driven to harshness. But it's true that recusal mods are inactive until there is a special case.

It was a while back when I first was on the site. 
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@TheAtheist
The concession will be valid on debates that were in the early phases (he'll be missing round after round, not refuting new points or defending his own). However, I do not believe it should be applied to debates either he already finished, or ones where his opponent dropped out without making a case.

Thus far we've had three of them enter the voting period.

#1. A case of his opponent forfeiting every round.
#2. A debate against crossed which he had already finished. And
#3. A debate to which his opponent made zero arguments (nor even assertions), forfeited 60% of (automatically making conduct votes justified without argument analysis), but popped in at the end to cite this thread (without even giving a quotation)...

So from the COC:
1. Vote Bomb (VB)
A vote bomb is a vote cast without a sufficient argument, a vote cast without regard for the content of the debate, a vote which literally doesn't make sense (e.g. "it's contradictory"), or a vote cast based on a prejudgment of or prior opinion on the topic. Vote bombs that are reported will be removed.
and
4. Votes Considering Outside Content
The voter must assess the content of the debate and only the debate, any reasoning based on arguments made or information given outside of the debate rounds is unacceptable. This includes reasoning that stems from already-placed votes, comment sections, and separate forums. Votes that impermissibly factor in outside content and which are reported will be removed.
But yes, we're in a weird bind on #3 because:
Special Circumstances ... Full-forfeit (FF)/Conceded Debates
A full-forfeit debate is defined as a debate that has no argument presented by one side following the opening round, resulting in all subsequent rounds being forfeited. When this is the case, these debates are considered full-forfeit debates and are not moderated unless a voter votes for the forfeiting side. Similarly, a conceded debate is any debate in which on side clearly concedes the debate to their opponent. These debates are considered conceded debates and are not moderated unless a voter votes for the side that concedes.
So: "not moderated unless a voter votes for the forfeiting/conceding side." Which is a Catch-22, because if you vote on grounds of either, the rules state you'll be moderated by the other. There is an easy workaround to this, vote based on the content of the debates.

Don't get me wrong, when he starts FFing I'll make mention of this thread on my votes. Which is allowed since so long as I am voting in favor of the person who did not FF (context of the debate), the votes are not moderated.

639 days later

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
@RM
Forgive me, atheist, but I just don't believe it without proof.
He's been gone for roughly a year.  You have proof now.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Lmfao, nobody understood the joke except bmdrocks
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I didn't even know I had a debate against you