Religion Of Life v Religion Of Death

Author: Willows

Read-only
Total: 12
Willows
Debates: 0
Willows
Of course, there would be no prizes for guessing which side of the debate these terms come from.

"Religion of life" presumably infers the principle that life is eternal or the essence of life continues somehow after expiry.

"Religion of death", on the other hand, seems to be a negative connotation referring to the atheist view that life ends and that's it baby, finito, kaput, no more, turn to brown, no more and no less.

Are theists scared of dying?
Or....
Are atheists scared of living for eternity, without end, getting sick of watching re-runs of Everybody Loves Raymond, worshipping a master and twiddling their thumbs?

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
If a truth dies, does The Truth die?

Of course not.

So is the resurrection of the dead.

"All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

"Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that yelove one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you."

"Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."

Abide in THE TRUTH.

Willows
Willows
-->
@Mopac
Most people with half an intellect and any amount of intestinal fortitude would engage in intelligent debate when replying to a thread instead of resorting to stupid, pathetic preaching of such irrelevant, washed up garbage.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Not scared of dying. Fear doesn't come from loving The Truth. Love perfected casts out all fear.

552 days later

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Willows
Are theists scared of dying?
Or....
Are atheists scared of living for eternity, without end, getting sick of watching re-runs of Everybody Loves Raymond, worshipping a master and twiddling their thumbs?

I think maybe theists are also scared of dying because they (are lead to believe that they) are unsure of what is on the other side.

I recall working with a lot of old folk and the believers among them were literally scared sleepless about what lies in front of them.
The non-believers on the other hand were more relaxed and comfortable with the idea that their time has come and they will be no more, no body, no soul.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Your racist pal hari is also on DDO spamming himself, just like you're doing here on Dart.

Did willows answer you Sal? On DDO, hari answers himself.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Yes, well I think that many Christians, for example, are more confused and anxious as to what "lies on the other side" since it seems that they get very mixed signals as to what eternity in Heaven actually entails.
ethang5
ethang5
well I think that...
Who cares about your subjective opinion?

...it seems...
When you have facts instead of biased subjectivity, you won't have to spam it over and over.

Did willows answer you Sal?

Yes....
Really? OK, I won't tell the mods that for a while, you had a double account. We'll just keep pretending you and Willows are different people.

Shhhhhh's the word.
Seth
Seth
-->
@ethang5
It's called quote mining and is depressingly dishonest.
But colour me not surprised.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Seth
We'll color you what you are thank you.

And cite an infraction of mine, or stop whining, that is just obnoxious.
Seth
Seth
-->
@ethang5
We'll color you what you are thank you.
You have a gang? WOW!

And cite an infraction of mine,
See post #8.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Seth
You have a gang? WOW!
No, its a group. A singing group. Ask Deb if you're confused.

And cite an infraction of mine,

See post #8.
Post #8 was not addressed to you. And there is no infraction in it.

And Salixes and willows are the same person. Don't let his delusion fool you.