Why are we here?

Author: Fallaneze

Total: 95
Fallaneze
Debates: 0
Fallaneze
Love.

A test of character where our animal nature is pitted against our rational nature. A quest for self-expression. Discovering"God." To know good from evil. Redemption?

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
maybe to learn
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
ok cool
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Fallaneze
This implies we were put here as in evolution didn't occur and we started off as humans. If that is the case I guess to appease our overloards. 

I don't think this is true so we are purposelessness. As in we don't know what to do with our lives. We just make it up as we go along.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Fallaneze
Not in my opinion. I don't want redemption, spiritual growth, none of that fluff crap modern day spiritualists talk about... i'm here to be me and have an experience i want to have... period. That involves chaos, beauty, love and hate... Growth, troubles, spiritual growth, whatever... all come with it, but if i survive death... i'm pretty sure i already knew that. 
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@janesix
To learn what though?
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@TheRealNihilist
By "evolution" do you mean change over time? Do you mean naturally selective processes acting upon random mutations? Do you mean common ancestry? Do you mean abiogenesis? "Evolution" is a loaded word.

Either there's a purpose for us being here or there isn't. It doesn't seem like there's no reason for us being here.

Fallaneze
Fallaneze
-->
@Outplayz
We each have our own pursuits. This is a bigger question about what purpose humanity has.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Fallaneze
Assuming that there is a purpose.

I would suggest that, organic intelligence is one phase of a greater evolutionary process. (Material evolution).

The real purpose of the greater process would be to facilitate the re-initiation of matter when this universe finally collapses.

We are probably already developing our successors. (Non-organic intelligence)

One could be fanciful and suggest that the ultimate evolutionary phase is the creation of an all intelligent God.

This might infer an infinite sequentiality.

God enables matter and reinitiates evolution and consequently organic intelligence. Which in turn assists in the eventual recreation of God.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Fallaneze
By "evolution" do you mean change over time? Do you mean naturally selective processes acting upon random mutations? Do you mean common ancestry? Do you mean abiogenesis? "Evolution" is a loaded word.
Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
Either there's a purpose for us being here or there isn't. It doesn't seem like there's no reason for us being here.
I say it seems like there is no reason for us being here so we both go nowhere. Any argument you want to make? 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Fallaneze
Because our parents had baby making sex. If you're however inquiring into the origin of man, as well as its reasons, then that is a mystery rooted in pursuits to discover the origin and logic of our consciousness, which truly sets us apart from every other animal. And when we discover this origin, we'll only seek to replicate it, as zedvictor suggested, through notions like A.I. for example. The pursuit of this origin is the pursuit to Godhood.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Fallaneze
This is a bigger question about what purpose humanity has.
I look at it the same way i look at anything else that has a story... it's a story to be played out. The purpose of humanity is the experience. We are living in an experience. You can even give this experience a genre... I really don't know what i would say... drama currently? I guess it has a little of every genre, but i would say something on the lines of drama is the predominant experience currently. I'm personally exited bc it's slowly turning into fantasy drama... i can't wait for that jump bc it will be one step closer to my favorite type of reality... fantasy sci fi. Can we get to that? I hope so. It seems a lot of people, gauging this off that genre being the most popular in movie and arts, want that. But a drama reality also comes with its baggage. 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Fallaneze
Fuller states that God{ Universe } may have created humans to see if a mind-accessing-creatures have ability  destroy he integrity of Universe/God.

Just as the finite and eternally existent, occupied space Universe has not purpose, humanity has no purpose other than the purpose humans apply to it.

There exists no great cosmic plan.

However, there does exist the greater cosmic blueprint, that, I believe exists inside, and on the surface of every  black hole as gravitational fabric-of-space, that sometimes is transformed into Observed Time{ reality } /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ of space.

Primary Set of 87 leads to 2ndary and increasing sets of Great Circle Planes LINK

34 days later

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
Why are we here?

shrugs

Why not?

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
To awaken to the fact that living in the world is like building sandcastles that inevitably get washed away by the tide. How investment in this crumbling world is an excercise in futility, and ultimately little more than vanity. How a life in this world, no matter how well lived leads to the grave. How one's work for the future generations will be inherited by a people that did not work for it and may not appreciate it. How there is no end to the suffering, the disappointment, the failure, the chaos, the strife, the death, the wars, the sickness, the hell. To look at this world and see very clearly that faith in this world is faith in the abyss.

Then to open your eyes anew and see eternity. To behold The Truth. To realize that this is what your faith should be in. To love The Truth above all things. To recognize that The Truth fills creation, that to love creation is to love The Truth. To discern that you, a human being carry in you that awareness of The Truth, the ability to contemplate it, to love it, and to find healing and strength in it. To recognize that hidden in every person is the ability to be enlightened to that saving power of The Truth, that within them they carry the very image of The Truth within themselves. To love them as you love yourself, and to love yourself as the bearer of the image of God, to the glory of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit unto ages and ages amen.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
To entertain the demigods and God herself.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
We are here because we are. (We think)

And what we might achieve, might or might not be significant.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
Why not?
Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermoydynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space.

Given enough time anything that can occur, ---aka what is possible---   will occur eventually ergo human existence is possible ergo here we exist.

Fuller give four reasons for  human existence or purpose beyond that of other animals;

1} harvest information ---information harvestors---,

2} information sorters, --catagoires, hierarchies etc----,

3} winnow out out specific patterns and principles from the above,

4} subjectively apply those patterns and principle to the integrity of Universe, human endeavors and the ecological environment that sustains all biological life.
Fuller states that God{ Universe } may have created humans to see if a mind-accessing-creatures have ability  destroy he integrity of Universe/God.

Just as the finite and eternally existent, occupied space Universe has not purpose, humanity has no purpose other than the purpose humans apply to it.

However, I believe there does exist the greater cosmic blueprint, that, I believe exists inside, and on the surface of every  black hole as gravitational fabric-of-space, that sometimes is transformed into Observed Time{ reality } /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ of space.

Primary Set of 87 leads to 2ndary and increasing sets of Great Circle Planes LINK

I extend these abstract great circles as overlapping and interfering, great vectorial tori of occupied space, that, can be simplified visually with single cross-section of a torus format using texticonic charactors as follows;

........................................Space( Time *) (* Time)Space...................................................

(  ) = contractive { convergent } Gravity aka mass-attraction,

)( = expansive { divergent } Dark Energy aka the cosmological constant --see Einsteins early work---

* * = bilateral consciousness ---ex animals----

i = ego ergo abstract, metaphysica-1, mind/intellect/concept

/\/\/ = Observed Time via sine-wave patter ---associated with entropic arrow-of-time ----/\/\/\/--->

Space = macro-infinite non-occupied space that embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space { ( Time *)(* Time ) }Space Universe

Humans are here to discover numerical patterns, as I have done in the following four level/line set;

....1.............5p......7p.................11p.......13p......................17p.........19p..................23p.......25.
-
-
0........................6..............................12.....................................18..................................24...
...........3p.........................9...................................15......................................21.........................
-
-
........2p.....4.................8......10........................14........16...........................20......22...................

and the above is the inside-outed version of the following set where all prime numbers ---except 2 and 3-- fall on the same line, and this quasi 2D pattern can be translated into a 2D hexagonal pattern where all primes ---except 2 and 3 fall on two radii---;

0............................6.........................12....................................18................
....1..................5p......7p.............11p.......13p...................17p.......................
.........2p.......4.................8.....10.....................14........16..................................
..............3p.........................9................................15....................................

The algebraic expresssion of the 2D heagnal pattern was discovered some 200 or so years ago and expressed as follows;

6 * n plus or  minus 1 is where a prime number will fall, except 2 and 3.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
0............................6.........................12....................................18................
....1..................5p......7p.............11p.......13p...................17p.......................
.........2p.......4.................8.....10.....................14........16..................................
..............3p.........................9................................15....................................

This is meaningless to me and completely distracts from whatever point you are trying to make. Is it truly impossible to translate this into words?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
This is meaningless to me and completely distracts from whatever point you are trying to make. Is it truly impossible to translate this into words?

If you saw no "words" in my post then you have a ego based mental blockage.  Old news that may go back to DDO days. I dunno.

You have no desire ---sincerity of heart--- to understand 95% of my text as presented.

......"Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermoydynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space.'....

Relatively simple statement and that is where you should begin or continue to ignore, like you do with 95% of what I have ever stated.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ebuc
It is impossible to have a conversation with you. I am numeralexic and I need you to not use numbers and symbols. It is not my ego it is my disability. Please if you cannot understand that or you do not care then just leave me alone
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
It is impossible to have a conversation with you. I am numeralexic and I need you to not use numbers and symbols. It is not my ego it is my disability. Please if you cannot understand that or you do not care then just leave me alone
As per your usual, you ignore my words and only focus on your "numericlexic"  issues.  Very narrow even after me explaining all Ive ever stated many times over here at DArt and DDO.

If you saw no "words" in my post then you have a ego based mental blockage.  Old news that may go back to DDO days. I dunno.

You have no desire ---sincerity of heart--- to understand 95% of my text as presented.

......"Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermodynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space.'....

Relatively simple statement and that is where you should begin or continue to ignore, like you do with 95% of what I have ever stated.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ebuc
When someone has trouble understanding what I'm trying to say I try to reword my statement I don't just produce what is essentially a copy paste (perhaps you type these things out by hand every time I don't know but I see the same symbols over and over and they look indistinguishable to me). Is it really to much to ask that you find a way of saying things that I am capable of following and understanding? You've never even tried. You just keep calling me a stupid egotist with no common sense. That isn't nice ebuc it hurts my feelings. You are not fun to talk with. It is not enjoyable and I do this in part as recreation. I don't know why you treat me this way. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
When someone has trouble understanding what I'm trying to say I try to reword my statement I don't just produce what is essentially a copy paste (perhaps you type these things out by hand every time I don't know
Been there done that many times. On some it helps on others like your it does not. Ego based mental blockage.

but I see the same symbols over and over and they look indistinguishable to me).
There is a limited number of ways to state a truth in a clear way that does not leave error for misinterpretation.  Ive made many sincere efforts to do just that, It goes over your head or in one ear and out the other, even after Ive expained myself in other ways to you and others many times.

Is it really to much to ask that you find a way of saying things that I am capable of following and understanding?

......"Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermodynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space.'....

Just keep ignoring my first line of text in message #89. Your good at ignoring what I state and only focus on your numerlexic issues.  You would rather play mind games with me ever since we ever engaged in any back forth, as best as i can recall. Old news.

You've never even tried.
False as your and my back n forth may even go back to DDO I forget exactly.

You just keep calling me a stupid egotist with no common sense.
Another false statement by you. Again, this is the false narrative you and others like to play. 

That isn't nice ebuc it hurts my feelings. You are not fun to talk with. It is not enjoyable and I do this in part as recreation. I don't know why you treat me this way.
If playing your type of mind games is the only way you know to have fun, then I'm not into that.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ebuc
Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermodynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space
If this is all you are trying to say then stop after saying it. I literally can't follow you when you make multiple paragraphs of symbols and numbers. 

So just to be clear is this your entire point or is that buried in your graphs and equations somewhere?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
If this is all you are trying to say then stop after saying it. I literally can't follow you when you make multiple paragraphs of symbols and numbers.So just to be clear is this your entire point or is that buried in your graphs and equations somewhere?
I have many points, you cannot even follow one, much less two or more. and you rarely ever ---maybe 5% of time--- even address directly even a single comment by me. Go figure and get back to me when you have the sincerity-of-heart to understand anything Ive ever stated. Thx
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ebuc
Well why don't we focus on just one point because your posts often overwhelm me in their sheer magnitude. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
Well why don't we focus on just one point because your posts often overwhelm me in their sheer magnitude. 

You apparrently did not read or comprehend my last post ----or any of hundreds--- over the years, so here it is again.

Over the years I  have presented for you, and others, many points, yet you cannot even follow one point, much less two or more. points, and you rarely ever ---maybe 5% of time--- even address directly even a single comment by me. Go figure and get back to me when you have the sincerity-of-heart to understand anything Ive ever stated. Thx

Ok I see the problem, you have a ability to choose disorder. So I will recommend for you ---as I have done repeatedly for you and others, start with the first line-of-text. I know this is difficult for people with ego based mental blockage to anything I state. Take a deep breath or two.  Focus your mind and tell yourself I Can Do This! and the repeat that as many times as you need too.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermoydynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space.

Given enough time anything that can occur, ---aka what is possible---   will occur eventually ergo human existence is possible ergo here we exist.

Fuller give four reasons for  human existence or purpose beyond that of other animals;

1} harvest information ---information harvestors---,

2} information sorters, --catagoires, hierarchies etc----,

3} winnow out out specific patterns and principles from the above,

4} subjectively apply those patterns and principle to the integrity of Universe, human endeavors and the ecological environment that sustains all biological life.

However, I believe there does exist the greater cosmic blueprint, that, I believe exists inside, and on the surface of every  black hole as gravitational fabric-of-space, that sometimes is transformed into Observed Time{ reality } /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ of space.

I extend these abstract great circles as overlapping and interfering, great vectorial tori of occupied space, that, can be simplified visually with single cross-section of a torus format using texticonic charactors as follows;

........................................Space( Time *) (* Time)Space...................................................

(  ) = contractive { convergent } Gravity aka mass-attraction,

)( = expansive { divergent } Dark Energy aka the cosmological constant --see Einsteins early work---

* * = bilateral consciousness ---ex animals----

i = ego ergo abstract, metaphysica-1, mind/intellect/concept

/\/\/ = Observed Time via sine-wave patter ---associated with entropic arrow-of-time ----/\/\/\/--->

Space = macro-infinite non-occupied space that embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space { ( Time *)(* Time ) }Space Universe

Humans are here to discover numerical patterns, as I have done in the following four level/line set;

....1.............5p......7p.................11p.......13p......................17p.........19p..................23p.......25.
-
-
0........................6..............................12.....................................18..................................24...
...........3p.........................9...................................15......................................21.........................
-
-
........2p.....4.................8......10........................14........16...........................20......22...................

and the above is the inside-outed version of the following set where all prime numbers ---except 2 and 3-- fall on the same line, and this quasi 2D pattern can be translated into a 2D hexagonal pattern where all primes ---except 2 and 3 fall on two radii---;

The algebraic expresssion of the 2D heagnal pattern was discovered some 200 or so years ago and expressed as follows;

6 * n plus or  minus 1 is where a prime number will fall, except 2 and 3.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ebuc
Because occupied space is eternally existent ergo the first law of thermoydynammics was discovered and I extend as occupied space.
Ignoring everything else you said and just responding to this.

Eternity cannot be measured so it is outside human epistemology. If anything is eternal it is literally impossible for us to know. If the rest of your post hinges on my believing in something that has any infinite dimensions (including the dimension of time) you would have to demonstrate an infinite and my common sense tells me that this is likely impossible.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
Ignoring everything else you said and just responding to this.
OMG, please dont strain your brain SM!

Eternity cannot be measured so it is outside human epistemology. If anything is eternal it is literally impossible for us to know.
We deduce eternity in similar ways that we deduce infinity. Both are based on observations and human discovery of cosmic laws/principles.

If the rest of your post hinges on my believing in something that has any infinite dimensions (including the dimension of time) you would have to demonstrate an infinite and my common sense tells me that this is likely impossible.

Lets see so you have now skipped 2nd line of text, and apparrently every other line of text and gone off on some irrelevant tangent regarding "infinite dimensions" that I did not state.  Are you on off your medications SM?

If you have any sincerity-of-heart regarding the "rest of my post", then address speciifcally with a quote, and not a false narrative inference of somehthing Ive not stated.  Please try and play fair.  At minimum. Please.