Shakespeare was most likely a fraud, change my mind

Author: Pinkfreud08

Total: 18
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
My argument is a rather simple one so to make it clear and precise, Ill divide my reasons up.

1. There is NO document proving that Shakespeare had any level of education, Surely a person who used around 29, 000 different words in his plays would AT LEAST have a basic education if not a college degree. To put this into perspective, 29,000 words is considered to be one of the highest levels of vocabulary in all of history. And yet apparently we're supposed to believe a man without a college education and possibly not a grammar school education is this smart. 

2. Shakespeare's signatures are sloppy and inconsistent, I mean surely a man who wrote many plays and sonnets would at least have decent hand writing right?

3. Shakespeare's settings in his plays are normally centered around royal families or nobles however as we know Shakespeare was very poor and most likely knew little to nothing about royal life.

4. Shakespeare's will mentions nothing about his plays, Poems, Or sonnets. I mean surely a man wrote that many plays and poems would at least mention what he wanted to do with his 18 unfinished plays right? Guess not apparently.

I would also like to say for the record that I am not normally a conspiracy theorist believer in fact I despise many conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones. However this is the first conspiracy theory ive seen that has sufficient evidence and shear facts to back it up.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
so is he not real
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Dr.Franklin
My theory is that he's a real person but did not write the plays. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Pinkfreud08
ok 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Pinkfreud08
sounds like a good debate. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
Was already done on DDO.

Pink already has used his other debates on DA so I don't think it is unlikely for him to use this one. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheRealNihilist
@Pinkfreud08

Was already done on DDO.
I definitely think some debates are worth re-doing.

Pink already has used his other debates on DA so I don't think it is unlikely for him to use this one. 

I don't think I'd mind a cut & paste from a previous content from the same user-  that's quite different than plagarism- that is improving on a draft.  I'm doing one of those with Wylted now and the cut & paste definitely hurt his argument more than helped.

What did u think of pink's DDO argument?  Did he win?

Pink- do u want to link that here?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
oke doke.
I don't think I'd mind a cut & paste from a previous content from the same user-  that's quite different than plagarism- that is improving on a draft.  I'm doing one of those with Wylted now and the cut & paste definitely hurt his argument more than helped.
Don't think I suggested plagarism. Pink is cool.
Well...

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheRealNihilist

oke doke.
Don't think I suggested plagarism. Pink is cool.
Well...
Thx- so pink is this squeakly?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
I guess you can imply that but me pretty much giving that was not enough so ask the Pink himself. 
oromagi
oromagi
yes, I would debate that resolution & argument.  If PRO's resolution were well provable it would have been proven by now & that is not the case.  Perhaps there are a few reasonable suspicions but mainstream scholarship is consistently unimpressed with the evidence- which always starts with  Fakespeare but always ends up with a different proposed real dude.  Nobody questioned Shakespeare's identity during his life or for centuries after- all this Fakespeare stuff if a fairly modern class of criticism- mostly from the desperate need scholars have  to say something new and interesting about the Bard.  Queen Elizabeth was a big fan of Shakespeare- commissioned works from him, probably even met him at some point.  If she suddenly discover that Sir Francis Drake was penning her favorite plays- I think that might have made an historical impact on Drake's career. 

I think I could win that debate.

Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@oromagi
Quite funny honestly, I mostly posted this forum for discussion purposes only as while I do believe there is alot of evidence to believe he was a fraud, I will admit it's nothing definitive and we'll likely never discover the answer. 

That being said it turns out my prediction came true as in my mind before I posted this I theorized that you would have disagreements seeing that you seem to have a vendetta against conspiracy theories. I don't particularly hate this but regardless I find it fascinating my psychological prediction was correct. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
As you are attempting to ascertain likelihood.

Then surely the weight of evidence implies that Shakespeare was "most likely", not a fraud.

I would suggest that the insertion of the phrase "most likely" was somewhat counter-intuitive to the proposition.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Pinkfreud08
i heart conspiracy theories 4 sho. I had a lawyer boyfriend for a couple of years who believed every CT in the book & I would love to argue them down to a muttering sulk. I’ve written papers debunking cattle mutilations and UFOs.  My father was an AF UFO investigator in the days of Powers’ capture, etc. He  thought it was mostly bs & hysteria. I just enjoy  The poetry and the predictable patterns of self-delusion

76 days later

Inferno
Debates: 0
Inferno
-->
@Pinkfreud08
He was a witty visionary who was creative, and unique and ahead of his time.   
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Inferno
Welcome
Inferno
Debates: 0
Inferno
-->
@Vader
Likewise.