Rule change and what the fuck

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 9
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
In this debate:

billbatard vote bombed in my favor whereas Ragnar vote bombed in WaterPhoenix's favor. Ragnar stated his reason that there was 3 hours left and decided to change his vote because he thought moderators won't be fast enough to remove it.

Quote: "CVB bill.
I would not do this, but 6 hours left, so no guarantee any moderator will be on."

The only vote was RationalMadman which didn't even cover every single Round.

Meaning this entire debate was voted on things which would normally get removed.

See this comment to see why RM's vote would be rejected:

Highlight: "The voter does not appear to sufficiently survey the main arguments or counter arguments of the debate and weigh them to make a decision. While the voter references some arguments - it is unclear why one set of arguments were not sufficient to over turn the other (only statements that they were)."

I don't think I need to show evidence that CVB or what billbatard did is not allowed so I will leave it at that.

My suggestion is that the moderators are able to take down votes when the debate is finished or simply extend the deadline given this extreme circumstance. I have already stated this but nothing has happened. Guess this must be the definition of insanity expecting a different response for the same question. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
No point tagging others when they don't have the authority that you do. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
moderators should have a log of votes to go over and see if it is sufficient or not, enough of this-"well you need to report the vote" shit

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There's a pretty good thread for this type of thing: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2290/propositions-for-automatically-finished-debates
(you may want to repost any suggestions there, tagging debateart.com ... don't get me wrong, the suggestions have already been made, but that them not being implemented yet just screwed up another debate, is something worth bringing to the attention of the PTB).

I of course stand by casting a CVB. No moderator was on to delete Bill's BS, and had they been mine too would have been deleted (I reported them both).
David
Debates: 91
David
I apologize for not being on. I am locking this thread as a call out thread. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
My suggestion is that the moderators are able to take down votes when the debate is finished 
I am sorry that this happened to you, and I can understand your frustration. I completely agree that moderation needs to be able to remove votes from completed debates. However, the site owner has indicated that make such a change is technically difficult, and would require significant effort on his part. I will reach out to him again on this issue, but ultimately, whether such a change is made and when will come down to his ability to effectuate that change.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
Thank you for answering.

Sorry about whatever.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@David
I apologize for not being on. I am locking this thread as a call out thread. 
Sike

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I don't see the issue with my vote.