Khabib Smeshed Dustin Poirier

Author: Trent0405

Total: 6
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
The champ is sticking around baby, now he's got to beat Tony Ferguson.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Trent0405
Flip. I wanted Dustin to win. 

Tony win. Please. You are fun to watch. 
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I want tony to win as well, Poirier I was also rooting for in this fight. However, there was no way he was going to win.

But, I like Khabib too, do you?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
 want tony to win as well, Poirier I was also rooting for in this fight. However, there was no way he was going to win.
Everyone has a chance of winning. Poirier was focusing way too much on the defense and should've closed the gap in the first round. He should have also made Khabib stay in half guard instead of panicking and try to push him off. He was pretty much gassed in the first round. Second round he did go on the offence but when he went for the body kick he pretty much screwed his foot. After that it was over. Poirier should've went on the offence because that is how you get him to back to the cage and make takedowns a lot more difficult for Khabib to do.

But, I like Khabib too, do you?
No he is actually boring to watch. It is I am going to drag you to the cage and waste you time with holding the position and keeping people to the ground. It is the opponent who makes it interesting like what Conor did in the second to last Round were Khabib made him tap or when Poirier clipped him. Basically I like striking more than grappling but I do like grappling when people actually advance the position and go for the ground and pound or submission not just sit on someone and do nothing.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Well yeah I agree grappling isn't as entertaining as striking, and that Khabib especially isn't entertaining. 

I meant Khabib as a person, the only time where infight actions make me hate someone is when they break the rules, like rousimar palhares or Jon Jones.

I was being hyperbolic when I said Poirier couldn't win, I actually thought Khabib might get knocked out when he got clipped. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Trent0405
Khabib especially isn't entertaining. 
That is the reason why I watch things. To be entertained. Khabib doesn't do it for me.
I meant Khabib as a person, the only time where infight actions make me hate someone is when they break the rules, like rousimar palhares or Jon Jones.
I probably don't really care about fighters outside the ring so this doesn't matter.
I was being hyperbolic when I said Poirier couldn't win, I actually thought Khabib might get knocked out when he got clipped. 
Maybe.