God created Morality

Author: crossed

Total: 24
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
Short answer

Gods moral system effect's us biologically.
Giving to the poor can help with an assortment of different diseases like Hiv/aids and other chronic diseases and can even add years to one's life. This is because Gods moral system effects us biologically.

This disproves Evolution because Morals are not something taught to us by our parents.

This is like if i murdered children and my eyes turned red or yellow to show that i am evil.

Giving is good for our health. A wide range of research has linked different forms of generosity to better health, even among the sick and elderly. In his book Why Good Things Happen to Good People,Stephen Post, a professor of preventative medicine at Stony Brook University, reports that giving to others has been shown to increase health benefits in people with chronic illness, including HIV and multiple sclerosis.

Stephanie Brown of the University of Michigan saw similar results in a 2003 study on elderly couples. She and her colleagues found that those individuals who provided practical help to friends, relatives, or neighbors, or gave emotional support to their spouses, had a lower risk of dying over a five-year period than those who didn’t.

crossed
crossed
Long answer this is my 177 post

i am making the claim that our actions and feelings can effect how long we live. and make the claim that this disproves natural selections and proves gods morale system effects us biologically.

A bunch of motherless babies are orphaned because of a disaster. These babies were well taken care of. all there necessary biological needs were met.they were fed and watered they diapers were changed. physically they were fine. but because they were not loved they all started to die off.They died from lack of love. This show that loves biological and survival of the fittest is wrong.Morals are not taught to us by our parents but written in our hearts by God. Gods moral system is in place

Most of these deaths were not due to starvation or disease, but to severe emotional and sensorial deprivation – in other words, a lack of love. These babies were fed and medically treated, but they were absolutely deprived of important stimulation, especially touch and affection.

An old man looses his wife. The man  dies not to long later from sadness.

Losing a loved one really can cause someone to die from a broken heart, scientists claim.

stress can kill you

Absolutely…Acute stress is the leading cause of sudden death, especially in young healthy people with no evidence of coronary disease. But it can fell people at any age. My grandmother is an example.

Holding On to Grudges can make you age faster. This confirms god word that wicked peoples life's are shortened by god himself

Life is too short and precious to hold on to old grudges. Learning how to let go and forgive may add years to your life and make the years you have left a lot more productive. (You might even notice fewer wrinkles from frowning.) Studies show that forgiveness leads to better physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being. Benefits include lower blood pressure, less depression, less stress, and less anxiety.

Natural selections makes the claim that the strong dominate the weak. But this assumes that Morales are just stuff taught to us by our parents. When in fact it actually  written in our hearts by god.  At first i mistook these instances as magic. Because of similar instances Like a dog being able to sense if you are a bad person or not. A dog being able to sense if your about to pass out or if you have cancer. or animals knowing that an earthquake is about to hit. these things  appear to be magical instances. Which is why i believe cats were used for magical ritual by the Egyptians perhaps they had similar ability's to the dogs. Anyway  the instances above are very similar to instances found in the bible.

you live longer if you obey your parents

"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you."

a person who loves lives longer. i proved that lack of love can cut life short
Who is the man who desires life And loves length of days that he may see good?
if you obey god you days are lengthened
"If you walk in My ways, keeping My statutes and commandments, as your father David walked, then I will prolong your days."

life being prolonged by god
so that you and your son and your grandson might fear the LORD your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you,all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged.

fearing god prolongs life. wicked life's are shortened
The fear of the LORD prolongs life, But the years of the wicked will be shortened.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@crossed
It is well recognized in the experience of the church that spiritual illness does lead to psychological and even bodily sickness. 

However, the length of someone's life does not tell you how pious or moral they are. Many saints died young. There are elderly who are wicked.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@crossed

Crossed,

Thank you Cross!

Hallelujah!  It’s about time someone brings up this very important bible truth, in that our Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, created morality. For the sake of brevity, I will only list a few OF MANY morals equal to the following shown below created by Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate.

I taught our bible morals to my 6 children early on and set the groundwork to let them know that if they got out of line to the rules of the bible, then as Jesus’ inspired words stated, there were to be beaten with a rod, praise!

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs.23:13-14) 

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." (Proverbs.22:15)

After many unfortunate beatings of my children with a rod of hickory wood, I told them Jesus’ number one moral, and that was, if they ever curse me or their mother, then Jesus says I have the right to murder them post haste! You should have seen the look upon their faces subsequent to this inspired statement from our Savior! It was scary, but one of my sons started crying and passed out upon the floor. Sad, but since we are TRUE Christians that follow ALL of Jesus’ doctrine and morals within the Bible, then he is just going to have to “toughen up!”

Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?  For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death." (Matthew 15:3-4)

Another Jesus moral scared the crap out of my wife when I told her that if I ever caught her committing adultery, I would have to murder her and the man that did this ungodly act (Leviticus 20:10)  Crossed, yes I know, the Old Testament commands and laws are still in effect today because of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount states with specificity that we are to follow the Old Testament to the letter at this time, and into the future.  Ha, thought I didn’t know this Jesus fact, huh?

I have to admit, that one of the hardest morals Jesus as set forth, is that the inspired word of Jesus says we’re to murder people of other religions (Numbers 25:1-9) and as stated before, Jesus implores us to follow the Old Testament along with the New Testament.  Unfortunately for me, this is a hard one to follow.  Crossed, how do you deal with this godly command in having to murder other religions than christianity? 

Cross, looking forward to your responses in agreeing with Jesus' aforementioned moral acceptances, praise!

crossed
crossed
-->
@Mopac
Yes bad people can live long. But people who give to charity add 5 years to their lives. but your right you probably can not tell just by observing
crossed
crossed
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Its not my place to decide what is moral or not. all i am saying is there is a moral system in place and it effects us.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@crossed
There are 3 types of believers.

Slaves who believe out of a fear of hell.

Mercenaries who believe out of desire for reward.

And then those who love God because of who God is, they are as his children.

So while I wouldn't deny that abiding in God's word is beneficial for one's well being, I would say that loving God for who God is would be a better motivation. This world is passing and ultimately unfulfilling. You can have all the riches in the world, but if your treasure isn't Christ, your wealth is true poverty. To those who the world everything, they put their faith in the abyss, for all passes away. The end of the rich man and the poor man is still the grave. The young shall become old. The fit will deteriorate and become weak. In the end, everyone dies.

If God is everything, your faith is placed in eternity.

crossed
crossed
-->
@Mopac
I agree
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@crossed
This disproves Evolution
Not at all, you just have the wrong idea about evolution and rightfully so! especially when it's mainly in the hands of materialists trying to discover what this world is all about. Evolution is just the evolving of embodiments and forms within creation, just like what you would see with any creator or artist which starts with an idea or inspiration, then medium then the product.
Creation of anything is always a process even with God, of course. Morals are a separate issue because they deal with the mental and conscious states of our creation, which is separate from the evolution of forms or this world, because both the mental and conscious states of man exists independent of the evolution of bodies and forms within this world. The evolution of forms and embodiments is just for the soul to occupy in specific worlds, such as Earth. The soul, which is equipped with consciousness and a mind first, came into the embodiments we recognize here on this planet but it existed before that.

You have both natural laws and spiritual laws, one deals with natural phenomenon and one deals with the moral or ethical aspect of ourselves. Ironically both evolution and the ethical/moral sides (spiritual) of creation are processes. In other words there is point A and point Z and all in between, so should you notice the process of your inner being. It's an evolution! don't fear that word because materialists and atheists use it to advance their agenda or worldviews. Evolution is as natural to God as anything is, because the Creator uses processes to create, which is why we see the intelligence behind those processes.

Don't forget what we observe through science is a neutral study, it's the one's interpreting that study to watch out for. Materialists don't even know they are observing the hands of God through the scientific method lol, pretty hilarious if you think about it. This means that science is just as much a part of the Creator than anyone might think, because science is simply the study of how the natural world operates or how God creates. In other words it shows you how God establishes creation, of course it's a limited study, because science doesn't have the ability to reach beyond the surface elements of this world or nature....that's where spirituality pick up the ball.
Morality is just the ethical nature the soul carries with itself through creation and there are laws that correspond with that, and that nature exists independent of the evolution of material bodies. But even the soul itself is an evolution, to where it is currently. Nothing to fear about that term, just note that it means a process to get from this point to that point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Darwinian. He had the wrong ideas and was trying to force his worldview on a reality that God uses processes to create things.
If the Creator wishes to create form within the universe it has to come first through consciousness (intelligence), through the mind to generate a plan (universal mind), then to the isolation and manipulation of energy and elements (physics/chemistry) to produce what we observe as matter. God doesn't just poof things into existence, remember Genesis is just the idea or expression of creation it's not meant to articulate how the Creator produces what we see, and that's not the purpose of the Bible anyways.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
This disproves Evolution because Morals are not something taught to us by our parents.

The claim you are making here is that [IF] evolutionary theory is accurate [THEN] morality is something which is taught to us by society.

Do you have any justification for this claim?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@crossed

Crossed,

YOUR DIRECT TITLE QUOTE: "God created morality"

If our Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate created morality, then I have shown you only some morality that our God commanded in His direct inspired word in my post #4!

YOUR QUOTE: "Its not my place to decide what is moral or not. all i am saying is there is a moral system in place and it effects us."

You are correct, it is not your place to decide what is moral or not, BUT, it is Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, that decides what is morally correct for His followers, as shown by the examples I have given in my post #4 because they were commanded by Him to begin with. Therefore, the beating of children, murdering a child if they cursed you, and murdering adulterers, is in fact morally correct to Jesus, otherwise He could not have mentioned them to follow in the first place!  

Remember, like you stated above, there is a moral system in place, but for Christians it is within our Bible, and that is Jesus' moral system as partially described herein. Therefore, remember Jesus is watching you question His moral ethics within His scriptures, so do you accept what He proposed in my post #4 or not?!  If you do not, then in essence you have called Jesus a LIAR, and the subsequent ramifications thereof.  :(

Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@BrotherDThomas
"(Matthew 15:3-4)"
*Slow clap*
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dynasty

Dynasty,

As a TRUE Christian, I would have been happier if I never ran across Matthew 15:3-4 to begin with!  This is because it shows our alleged ever loving and forgiving Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, CONDONING the murdering of children that curse their parents! As if His inspired word in allowing the beating of kids with a rod wasn't bad enough, then He brings forth Matthew 15: 3-4!   I mean, WTF?

Do you see what happens when you read ALL of our bible?  This type of Jesus was never taught in Sunday school, nor was it within any sermons that I tried to listen to and not to fall asleep.  Dynasty, since you threw your hat into the ring, how do you feel about our Savior condoning the murdering of our kids that curse the parents?

Dynasty, do you have any good spin doctoring that would be acceptable on this topic to try and take it away, and still remain intelligent looking in the aftermath?  Thanks.

Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
BrotherDThomas……..or should I say21stCenturyIconoclast!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You can't RUN AWAY FROM ME! I OWN THE ENTIRE INTERNET!!! I see that you are still HIDING IN THE COMMENTS SECTION rather than ACTUALLY DEBATING anyone! You were publicly shamed in the DEBATE.ORG comments section so you had to RUN AWAY like the Namby-Pamby21stCenturyCharlatan you are!!! Read on to remember our last encounter that proved you to be a PSEUDO-ATHEIST.....

YOUR EMBARRISING QUOTE FROM DEBATE.ORG THAT MADE YOU RUN AWAY: “I will now use this threads url address of 1_john_5. 20 in other forums showing him RUNNING AWAY 9 TIMES in what lengths a pseudo-christian like him will do TO HIDE FROM THEIR SERIAL KILLING JESUS CHARACTER! Priceless stupidity, And at 1_john_5. 20's expense, AGAIN! LOL!

I am in many forums from time to time, Therefore I promise that 1_john_5. 20will be infamous as others are directed back to this thread!

WHAT I TOLD YOU ON DEBATE.ORG THAT MADE YOU RUN AWAY: “IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING? This thread is actually going to be advertised showing you RUNNING AWAY from the opportunity to SCHOOL a pseudo-Christian! I knew that pseudo-atheists were irrational, But Namby-Pamby21stCenturyCharlatan has just set A NEW RECORD FOR IRRATIONALITY! HE DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE HIS OWN DISBELIEF!

Now the entire internet will gather here to see how you RAN AWAY from the chance to defend your PSEUDO-ATHEISM at this url:

The history books will record this event as the time that YOU could not even publicly stand up to the priceless stupidity of an inept pseudo-Christian!There will be toilet paper with your face printed on EVERY SHEET!

Why would I thank you later when I can thank you now? You have PROMISED TO ADVERTISE the url for this thread! All I have to do is search for the url in quotation marks to make sure you are proving to all your forums how you did nothing but HIDE IN THE COMMENTS SECTIONS! Or will you be RUNNING AWAY from this promise too! GO Namby-Pamby21stCenturyCharlatan! PROVE TO US THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY FROM THIS TOO!

WHY YOU SHOULD RUN AWAY LIKE THE FAKE ATHEIST YOU ARE!!!: I searched for the url you were going to make me “infamous” with. IT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! You were too EMBARRASED to even try to defend your PSEUDO-ATHEISM so you RAN AWAY!!! Now DebateArt.com and THE REST OF THE WORLD will see you for what you are, a COWARDLY PSEUDO-ATHEIST! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@crossed

crossed,

Still contemplating on our Jesus condoning child beatings, murdering them if they curse their parents, etc.?  Why haven't you come to terms with these biblical axioms? A TRUE Christian like myself has done so in the past, so, when are you going to do the same?

Remember, Jesus is watching you be in indecision relative to His direct words upon this topic! (Hebrews 4:13)

crossed
crossed
-->
@BrotherDThomas
my rebuttal is in the other thread. but Why is it ok for the goverment to have a death penalty but not the god.

Why is it ok for the us goverment to give the death penalty to pedophiles but god can't kill those who do sexual acts.

God says that it is better to hit your kid then for them to burn  in hell i agree with him.

God does not condone mean slavery. he freed the jews with moses. I think  he put rules on slavery if you are in debt and can not pay it off

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@crossed

Crossed,

To biblically answer your questions in your post #16, Jesus' inspired words states the following:

But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than any human authority." (Acts 5:29)

Crossed, I ask you a very simple question as a Christian, NOW WHAT?!  

If you follow Jesus' inspired word in the verse above for truly following the faith of Christianity, you will be thrown into prison for acting upon your propositions in your post #16.  A true "Catch-22" to say the least, get it?  Do you see why it is so hard to be a TRUE Christian whose faith was created within the Bronze, Iron, and Middle Age of acceptances?  Sure you do.

crossed
crossed
-->
@BrotherDThomas
i answered this in the other thread
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@crossed

crossed,

YOUR QUOTE TO MY POST #17: "i answered this in the other thread"

NO, you did not answer this type of question in another thread.  It doesn't matter, because you see how difficult it is to be a TRUE Christian in the 21st century in following ALL of the Bible, whereas our bible was composed within the Bronze, Iron, and Middle Ages of acceptances, whereas in todays acceptances, they are 180 degrees apart.

We shall carry on even if we are blatantly ridiculed by others because of our Bronze and Iron Age thinking, praise!

crossed
crossed
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Sorry my mistake. The bible is timeless. it has prophesy come true even today like pharmakeai.

48 days later

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@crossed
Giving to the poor can help with an assortment of different diseases like Hiv/aids and other chronic diseases and can even add years to one's life. This is because Gods moral system effects us biologically.

This is like if i murdered children and my eyes turned red or yellow to show that i am evil.

God does not have a moral system. God is erratic and self contradictory.

For example God punished Adam and Eve for seeking the knowledge of good and evil. He chose to give this knowledge to a tree.

Then he gives Moses the 10 commandment and 613 other moral laws after decreeing knowing good and evil was punishable.
But he destroyed the world with a flood by judging humans as evil even before he set down the law.

harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Harikrish
Welcome back. I saw your name crossed out and i assumed the worst.Yes god has morals.Almost half the bible is him talking about how he is going to destroy "bad" people and is going to give eternal life to "good" people.plus he is the biggest prude to ever exist. I believe that example like children dieing from lack of love.Show's hating someone or loving someone is more then just chemicals in the brain.

crossed
crossed
-->
@Harikrish

Many animals  eat there own children.They do this because they lack any soul.

We humans are above this instinct because we have souls.Proof of this being. A man was able to life a car of a small child.He lifted 3000 pounds witch is almost 3 times higher then the world record of 1003 pounds. He became so powerful through the power of love.He biologically changed through the power of love

As I write in the story, Boyle accomplished an almost unthinkable feat of strength. The world record for dead-lifting a barbell is 1,003 pounds. A stock Camaro weighs 3000 pounds. So how did Boyle pull it off? Here's how I explain it in the story:

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@crossed
Welcome back. I saw your name crossed out and i assumed the worst.Yes god has morals.Almost half the bible is him talking about how he is going to destroy "bad" people and is going to give eternal life to "good" people.plus he is the biggest prude to ever exist. I believe that example like children dieing from lack of love.Show's hating someone or loving someone is more then just chemicals in the brain.
If destroying bad people is how to judge God then Jesus was crucified and blamed it on God,

Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"