Willows
Bi.ble
noun
/buy/bull

Definition: see pronunciation

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The bible is a collection of writings collected over the span of a period in history documenting the struggles of a people's relationship with God, who is The Ultimate Reality.

If you actually knew anything about the bible, you'd realize that the people that the book chronicles suffered a great deal sorting through their own bullshit and superstition.

Israel are the people who struggle with God.

But instead, you presume to understand the texts because you might have read a few things that you thought were ridiculous, so you throw the whole thing out. You might be turned away by the crazy people you see who claim to get their madness from scripture. Well, I am telling you, even if you choose to reject what I'm telling you, that there is more going on here with this bible than you likely care to understand.

So let me ask you this. If the bible is totally bullshit and nothing can be gained from it... How is it that from studying scripture for years I have come to realize that The Truth is God, that The Ultimate Reality is God; that true religion is to love this God with every fiber of my being with sincerity and to show charity to others?

Clearly if this is what I and many before me, along with many after me are going to get, how can you dismiss this as a bad thing?

Your hatred comes out of ignorance, yet Jesus in the bible says to his crucifiers, "Forgive them, they know not what they do", to "bless those who curse you", and to show charity to all men with hope that they too will snap out of their delusions and come to love THE TRUTH.

Meanwhile, what are you doing? You are hating your enemies, mocking, scoffing, blinded by pride in yourself.

Well I tell you, The Way is better than your way. The Truth is greater than you or I, and The Truth is what sets the captive free.

Willows
Debates: 0
Willows
-->
@Mopac
I am merely exposing a nitwit for what he is...preaching that a convoluted collection of ancient myths inaccuracies, exaggerations and outright lies is somehow the "truth".

You are clearly self-centered and deluded.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I am saying that The Truth is God..

You are the one saying The Bible is God, not me.