Discord Moderation AMA

Author: Vader

Total: 34
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
bsh1 will not include discord mods as real moderators so we fire back with our own moderation AMA so ask me and my homies anything u want about discord and such

also im supa the head discord mod so...
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Vader
I think bish merely said that questions to discord mods are best addressed in a separate thread.

What are the kinds of things you've had to handle as a discord mod?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
I think bish merely said that questions to discord mods are best addressed in a separate thread.
It is just a meme lol
What are the kinds of things you've had to handle as a discord mod?
As a Discord Mod, we are responsible for enforcing the CoC on DART, The Rules of Discord, and our servers personal rules and being the rulling force for them. We have to actively keep people engaged in the server by adding new features and bots to boost activity on the server to promote discussions. The more engaged people are in the server, the better server life there is.

We are also responsible for advertising on the site for people to go to the main site and such.

We also reports cases that are in violation DART's CoC on Discord and report them to Moderators from DART so they can look in the scenario and analyze it. I would love for bsh1 to join our server (to make communication easier), but I am always in contact with Vrit, Ram, and you on Discord to relay the info over.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
why is vaarka in charge? Who the fuck is warren42 and why is he in charge? Why even are you in charge?

You should be in charge out of those 3 but really, the hierarchy here should extend out there. A mod selected by our mods who answers to them should be the admin there and the owner of the server should be Mike himself. This is about game theory and how the site is just as contingent on his life as is the server. It makes most sense, then he can promote someone to a fully empowered admin status and leave them in charge there.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
honestly warren (the discord mod) is corrupt as fuck there, like it's not even a joke or exaggeration. He literally will apply the rules based on how close he is to you or how pissed off he feels about what you said.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I quit the server long ago because I can't stand the leadership there or attitude of circle-jerk abuse.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I got banned for exposing the true horror of keto diet to someone (Wylted) who proved time and time again what the diet does to you in the first few months that you have it, psychologically and physically making you feel like you are in a living hell.

I will stand by that and warren42 can get lost with banning me for spreading my 'conspiracy theories' it's truth and he can't stand it.

It's so funny because I support Warren for president 2020, what an ironic name for this discord mod to have.
Vader
Vader
why is vaarka in charge? Who the fuck is warren42 and why is he in charge? Why even are you in charge?
he created the server
---------
debater on this site
--------
Old Server I was a Moderator
 A mod selected by our mods who answers to them should be the admin there and the owner of the server should be Mike himself. 
This is a community project not initiated by DART, but supported by it. The owners of sites that create discord have owners (founders), that do not own the server
He literally will apply the rules based on how close he is to you or how pissed off he feels about what you said.
It was a joint discussion brang up by mods of DART and Discord. It was not just warren who said, you are banned. if he did that, we would have removed him from moderation a while ago

I got banned for exposing the true horror of keto diet to someone (Wylted) who proved time and time again what the diet does to you in the first few months that you have it, psychologically and physically making you feel like you are in a living hell.
Your ban was a 2-1 choice with the two abstaining. it wasn't unanimous. it was only 2 days as well so it did not need to be
Vader
Vader
@RM
If Vaarka ever wanted to give ownership to me, I would happily accept. For now, I simply do not care. I have a lot of say and stuff with the server as such and am happy with position I have been given
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No. The MEEP where we enforced CoC onto the Discord was a clear precedent for seeing the Discord as an extension of the site that answers to the site's leadership. You are not independent 'mercenaries for hire' to our DA military, so to speak, rather you are a faction of it in that analogy.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Vader
Is the moderation circle jerk clockwise or anti clockwise; also does it utilize the Dutch rudder method?

Vader
Vader
@RM

We apply the same rules from the CoC like I said + servers rules + Discord CoC
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
Good question, have to comeback to it. Seems like it implements Dutch themes
Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
Have there been many incidents where you had to step in?

Do you think we'd ever be successful in getting more DARTers interested in Discord? Is there any chance of overcoming the general apathy?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
Have there been many incidents where you had to step in?
Yes, the RM incdident was a point where the moderation team felt that we needed to due something because of the circumstances that were in place and we had to lat down the law
Do you think we'd ever be successful in getting more DARTers interested in Discord? Is there any chance of overcoming the general apathy?
I hope. Pushing more updates and making the community more engaging would make DARTers interested. If we can Discord speaks and hangouts have the same impact as DDO Google Hangouts, then we could have a huge stream of people due to the variety Discord provides
Vader
Vader
This opens up offers for more questions since main moderation one ended so 

BUMP
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
How to Discord?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
How to Discord?

Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
We have a new link so don't use the one in that forum post
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
What link to use?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Bottom of website
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Thanks
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
No problem
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
The one at the bottom of the website said it was expired when I tried to use it just now. I am currently on my phone, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Discord is monitored by the government because of white supremacy accidents, I dont have an account anymore
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
What are requirements for discord mods?
What does one need to do to be a mod?
What does it take?

and last but not least...

AM I QUALIFIED? :3
Castin
Castin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The one at the bottom of the website said it was expired when I tried to use it just now. I am currently on my phone, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
It's doing that for everyone and needs to be fixed. I always just use this url to the main chat. Don't know if it will work for you.

Vader
Vader

What are requirements for discord mods?
A) Active on Discord, own a Discord, own a DART account
What does one need to do to be a mod
Activity. If we ever feel the need for another mod, I would select someone who has been active
What does it take?
You have to enforce the CoC to a lighter extend, follow Discords TOS, and follow Server Guidelines
and last but not least...

AM I QUALIFIED? :3
No because you are not even in the server
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Discord is monitored by the government because of white supremacy accidents, I dont have an account anymore

- Dr. Franklin

Well, genius, every single chat platform including this website is monitored by the governments of all nations involved (user uses from that nation or website is hosted in the nation). NSA is the single most arrogant one of the lot as it has enough allies that it shares info with who willingly allow it to spy on their people while they themselves can say they don't. The four nations it shares most with are the English speaking ones you'd expect. It's not a surprise that the world speaks English when there was a 1940s arrangement between 5 nations to keep it that way.

USA and UK were the original 2 but Canada and Australia+NZ joined shortly after (Aus and NZ joined as a pair). So, if you use the website or PM, interact with etc anyone in those 5 nations on the Internet in any way, you're being monitored in a full sense of the term 'monitor'. Then, including those 5, is a 14-nation arrangement of less extreme but still significant intelligence-sharing and surveillance-alliance. The 14 eyes are as following:

The 5 mentioned before plus Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.

Out of the fourteen, the 5 as well as Denmark, France, the Netherlands and Norway share the most between themselves as they agreed to more when the arrangement was made. 

If you analyse the Internet you'll realise that almost the entire Internet, where communication is concerned, involves users or even administrators and/or servers based in such nations. As a result, almost all of the Internet as you know it is monitored by those nations but they are just the nations that admit it. We have an admin who has purchased a Russian proxy for the website's whois and has also got the domain fully registered in California, US or wherever it is now. This means even though in some parts of this website it says that the servers are in the UK, there's huge ambiguity as to what this website is, legally speaking, abiding to. It's safe to say that since UK is officially stated on the website to be where things pass through and since the US is where the website's 'whois' says the domain is legally 'owned' in terms of lisencing etc, that you're fully monitored at all times.

China and Russia fully spy on their people and servers (as of course do the Middle East) but they are just sneakier than the '14 eyes nations' in how they do it and have no official declaration of who they share things with or how much they monitor, they do it anyway and probably with a more in-depth sinister way that actively is reading PMs/DMs whether or not you seem alarming to them.

If you're seriously using the Internet with the hopes of escaping surveillance in this day and age, don't ever have an account anywhere and permanently use TOR browser, even then you'll realise that there's ways through speech analysis and habits you have, to trace everything back to you. Once they have your hardware, you can't hide anything at that point pretty much. We don't live in a free world, never have and never will.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Dr.Franklin
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^